Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kdavid  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2021 1:23:57 PM(UTC)
kdavid

Groups: Registered
United States

My wife filed her naturalization paperwork May 2020. At the time, we had an anticipated completion date of April 2021. Here we are mid-March and we haven't even received her ACS / biometrics appointment yet. I've contacted USCIS for details, but am only getting canned replies in response. We live in southern California.

I know there's no such thing as a guarantee, but I can't see why her case would be denied. Can anyone here provide me with an update on where naturalization processing stands in general post-COVID? Where do we stand realistically with regards to the original case completion date of April 2021? What happens if our case needs to extend beyond this date?

Thanks so much for your help!

Edited by user Thursday, March 18, 2021 1:24:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mike in VT  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 3:05:35 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 80 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kdavid Go to Quoted Post
My wife filed her naturalization paperwork May 2020. At the time, we had an anticipated completion date of April 2021. Here we are mid-March and we haven't even received her ACS / biometrics appointment yet. I've contacted USCIS for details, but am only getting canned replies in response. We live in southern California.

I know there's no such thing as a guarantee, but I can't see why her case would be denied. Can anyone here provide me with an update on where naturalization processing stands in general post-COVID? Where do we stand realistically with regards to the original case completion date of April 2021? What happens if our case needs to extend beyond this date?

Thanks so much for your help!

This is not the best place for this question. I would contact USCIS for assistance with your case.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed