Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Miggs619  
#21 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 12:46:16 AM(UTC)
Miggs619

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Seadogg Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MPE2009 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kingu Go to Quoted Post
I think the argument is better for 7 day mail delivery than 7 day package delivery and 5 day mail delivery. Our package rates are calculated under the assumption that we're going to be there (or very near by) anyway. Turning every Monday into an after holiday delivery isn't going to help delivery units with retention either.

Seven day delivery is actually the best alternative and even the PMG stated we need to keep six day delivery for letters and flats, while potentially continuing or going to seven day delivery for parcels. The idiocy of believing five day delivery is some sort of panacea is beyond comprehension. We might as well just close up shop and shut the place down if we allow the morons to shove that idea on us. And for the record, when 5 day delivery was proposed in the past, it was Sunday/Tuesday non-scheduled, not Sat/Sun. That was because Tuesday is traditionally the lightest delivery day and nobody wants every Monday to be a after-holiday delivery event.

Right. 5 day M-F is the worst of all worlds and makes no sense whatsoever, regardless of how much craig wants his weekends off. If mail volume ever declines to the point that we can't support 6 or 7 day, it should go to 3 or 4 day delivery.

5 day is stupid and doesn’t make sense BUT 3 or 4 day makes sense. That’s some awesome theory there.

Mail is dead. Nobody cares about their Mail. My Mail leaves my box and goes right into the trash. There’s nothing in there that I “need”. People will survive not getting junk Mail for 6 days...

Nah 2-day mail delivery is better and every other route should deliver mail every other day and only turn half the lights on. Delivering mail with one eye closed also saves our vision while preserving the other eye and cut down on those medical expenses.
craigrh13  
#22 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 2:09:44 AM(UTC)
craigrh13

Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Originally Posted by: poorfamily Go to Quoted Post
Craig, the poster who said a year ago that he'd be surprised if 25,000 died from the coronavirus, is now an expert on what every person in the country thinks about the mail. LOL

We saw how vital the USPS has been to the country over the past year. Those of us still working through the explosion of packages, the fumbling by the PMG causing months of delayed mail that we are just now catching up from, we've heard from our customers how they've relied on us.

I kinda get the feeling Craig doesn't receive the same appreciation for whatever effort he puts into his job, despite being possibly the best employee in the country.

Sad.

I never once insinuated that. I just see the writing on the wall and for once it’s better to get in front of it and prepare for it then be behind the Problem like we always have.
HoosierDaddy  
#23 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 4:10:03 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 61 post(s)
it’s better to get in front of it and prepare for it then be behind

I guess this confirms that all your talk of being butt hurt comes from first hand experience.🤣
You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG29PVMtAWE
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Zoso... on 3/25/2021(UTC)
Randy1  
#24 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 7:02:03 AM(UTC)
Randy1

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 83 post(s)

We are already in 4 / 5 day's a week delivery with employees out with COVID.

https://www.citizensvoic...2-ac2e-8e50ff48e902.html
MPE2009  
#25 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 1:20:56 PM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 641 time(s) in 520 post(s)

It’s the absolute facts. We now bring in
More money with packages then Mail.

July 2020 per the USPS:

Quote:
We have three major lines of business: First-Class Mail,
Marketing Mail, and Packages. In 2019, First-Class Mail
produced $24.4 billion in revenue, largely made up of
transactional mail, payments, bills and statements; Marketing
Mail’s revenue was $16.4 billion, largely composed of
advertising mail; and Package revenue totaled $22.8 billion.

Once again you are substituting your reality for facts. It is however correct that we are trending in the direction of package revenue equaling and eventually in the nearer future surpassing our other revenue streams.

Your posts lead me to postulate two possibilities:
1. You really are as stupid and arrogant as your posts lead many to believe.
Or:
2. You're simply a troll who sits at home enjoying some sort of perverse self-pleasure watching the reactions he causes to his ignorant and inaccurate posts.

Edited by user Thursday, March 25, 2021 1:21:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked MPE2009 for this useful post.
Zoso... on 3/25/2021(UTC)
craigrh13  
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 2:07:33 PM(UTC)
craigrh13

Packages made up 39% of our revenue. Mail made up 33% of our revenue. Outpacing first class Mail for the first time ever.

Read the report....
craigrh13  
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 2:20:59 PM(UTC)
craigrh13

GordonG  
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 2:26:22 PM(UTC)
GordonG

United States

Was thanked: 1203 time(s) in 854 post(s)
https://archive.ph/Rz8sl

FWIW...I don't believe a SINGLE thing that's written in the Washington Post.

Do you have another reference to make your point?

I'll read it.

Life is Sweet unless you're not a nice person
craigrh13  
#29 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 3:24:46 PM(UTC)
craigrh13

Originally Posted by: GordonG Go to Quoted Post
https://archive.ph/Rz8sl

FWIW...I don't believe a SINGLE thing that's written in the Washington Post.

Do you have another reference to make your point?

I'll read it.

https://about.usps.com/n...al-year-2020-results.htm
IACCA  
#30 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 4:56:08 PM(UTC)
IACCA

United States

Was thanked: 120 time(s) in 92 post(s)
While I agree that parcels are going to be the primary source of income vs First Class letters, I do not see the advantage to a 5 day week for delivery. We cannot get any sense of even flow now in the mail stream, so with a five day week it will just get compacted. I see so many statements talking about 12 hour days, mandated SDOs and overtime already with the 6 day delivery. How would taking a day away eliminate that? It won't it will just cause it to get worse. Or when the mail can't get delivered during the regularly scheduled 5 days someone will be mandated to come in on the 6th day to get it delivered along with the parcels (which will stay at 7 day delivery). Leave it at 6 days for mail and 7 for parcels and work more on eliminating waste, such as OT abuse, cut down on absences, eliminate stationary time by actually doing valid observations, and most importantly work on improving the retention rate of new employees. I believe that the new technology and vehicles will go a long way to cut costs as long as they are taken care of, and improvements to our transportation overall will go a long way to helping with service.
"No excuses... Do the work"
roger.d  
#31 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 5:18:25 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 1012 time(s) in 817 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IACCA Go to Quoted Post
While I agree that parcels are going to be the primary source of income vs First Class letters, I do not see the advantage to a 5 day week for delivery. We cannot get any sense of even flow now in the mail stream, so with a five day week it will just get compacted. I see so many statements talking about 12 hour days, mandated SDOs and overtime already with the 6 day delivery. How would taking a day away eliminate that? It won't it will just cause it to get worse. Or when the mail can't get delivered during the regularly scheduled 5 days someone will be mandated to come in on the 6th day to get it delivered along with the parcels (which will stay at 7 day delivery). Leave it at 6 days for mail and 7 for parcels and work more on eliminating waste, such as OT abuse, cut down on absences, eliminate stationary time by actually doing valid observations, and most importantly work on improving the retention rate of new employees. I believe that the new technology and vehicles will go a long way to cut costs as long as they are taken care of, and improvements to our transportation overall will go a long way to helping with service.

When I walked into the office yesterday, there was a new supervisor/204b trying to do computer work 1 handed. In her other hand she had her cell phone facetiming with her phone split into 6 screens. All the giggling she was doing was a dead giveaway.

Lost of waste.
Those who are, know those who are not.

If you think they are after you, what did you do wrong?
craigrh13  
#32 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 5:25:13 PM(UTC)
craigrh13

Originally Posted by: IACCA Go to Quoted Post

Probably doesn’t help that we have a very lax call in policy and rampant abuse of FMLA.
JustSomeClerk  
#33 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 5:42:28 PM(UTC)
JustSomeClerk

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Probably doesn’t help that we have a very lax call in policy and rampant abuse of FMLA.

The inmates only get by with what the Warden sanctions. The policies are sound. It's the enforcement, or lack thereof, that's the problem.

craigrh13  
#34 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 6:02:12 PM(UTC)
craigrh13

Originally Posted by: JustSomeClerk Go to Quoted Post

The inmates only get by with what the Warden sanctions. The policies are sound. It's the enforcement, or lack thereof, that's the problem.

The union makes it very very hard to actually discipline people here. There’s far too many steps to remove people here. I would love to see it simplified.
roger.d  
#35 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 8:02:07 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 1012 time(s) in 817 post(s)

The union makes it very very hard to actually discipline people here. There’s far too many steps to remove people here. I would love to see it simplified.

As you have been corrected several times in the past, management fails to follow the proper procedures to remove employees.

The Union ensures management follows the rules.
Those who are, know those who are not.

If you think they are after you, what did you do wrong?
craigrh13  
#36 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 2:05:15 AM(UTC)
craigrh13

Originally Posted by: roger.d Go to Quoted Post

As you have been corrected several times in the past, management fails to follow the proper procedures to remove employees.

And as I’ve said many times the “procedures” are entirely too complicated and complex. It shouldn’t be that hard to remove bad employees that we all know exist. Not sure why this is hard Dj comprehend. This is typical of a union gooberment job.
Atticus  
#37 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 5:04:18 AM(UTC)
Atticus

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: roger.d Go to Quoted Post

... and encourages rebellion ... oh, and un-cooperation ... oh, and mooching ... oh, and ______?

GordonG  
#38 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 5:37:17 AM(UTC)
GordonG

United States

Was thanked: 1203 time(s) in 854 post(s)
I knew a carrier who fell into trouble of his own doing.

He wasn't a bad employee. In fact, he was just your run-of-the-mill letter carrier. Not outstanding. Not a lazy azz. He just did his job for many years. No LOW. No discipline of any sort. No letters of commendation. Average.

Then one day he gets a letter of removal. That's right. Go directly to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

During street observation he was seen driving through an intersection with his door opened.

Letter of removal? Is that standard for a first time offense? IDK.

Maybe it was the flavor of the month when it comes to those sort of things. Somebody gets killed somewhere out there in America and now management nationwide/area wide/ district wide has to show just how serious they take that sort of thing.

Termination was the solution.

Your boy was tight with his money over the many years. Union dues? Nah...he doesn't need the Union. Not until he got that removal.

I'll bet you he never felt so alone.

As with some people when you get that termination letter it produced quite a few tears from this man. He was scared. He cried and cried. I knew EXACTLY how he felt because once upon a time I was in that same boat he found himself in. It's a very humbling experience.

Anyways...he quickly joined the Union. They saved his sorry azz from getting fired.

He just got on the wrong side of events of his own doing and was going to pay for it big time.

The Union just doesn't save "bad" employees.

Sometimes they save YOU from yourself.

+
+
+

Edited by user Friday, March 26, 2021 5:39:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Life is Sweet unless you're not a nice person
thanks 1 user thanked GordonG for this useful post.
Zoso... on 3/26/2021(UTC)
TXBound  
#39 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 5:58:10 AM(UTC)
TXBound

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I understand the point of not caring about receiving junk mail, but the actual customer is the sender not the recipient.
thanks 1 user thanked TXBound for this useful post.
MPE2009 on 3/26/2021(UTC)
EagleDog  
#40 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 6:54:54 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 342 time(s) in 271 post(s)
And as I’ve said many times the “procedures” are entirely too complicated and complex.

Progressive discipline is not a difficult concept.
And management has scores of Labor Relations employees available to assist them.
Yet they still screw it up the majority of the time.

:
Karma: the force created by a person's actions that causes good or bad things to happen to that person
:
Rss Feed  Atom Feed