Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
craigrh13  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:59:03 AM(UTC)
craigrh13

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/15/2017(UTC)
Posts: 1,471

Thanks: 73 times
Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MPE2009 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ihatemanagement Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post


This whole delaying Mail complaint baffles me. We have never reached our 96% goal and our mail times vary wildly by factors that are out of our control as stated in the report.

His plan does make sense. Yes, times will be delayed BUT they should be more reliable. Hopefully that makes sense.


It baffles you yet you admit there will be future delays? And how can you say that they should be more reliable if our mail times will continue to vary wildly based on issues outside of our control?

I’m not against his plan in its totality, only certain parts. I was commenting on another person saying he’s doing this job out of the goodness of his heart. That’s actually the baffling part.


Because he’s changing the “out of our control part”. Have you even read any of the report? Which should make the delivery time more reliable. So in all reality there probably won’t even be a delay beside the status quo is so broken.


Actually the plan had next to no details. It was rather vague and not much more than broad brush strokes. Improve employee turnover? HOW? What's the plan to get the mail processed and out the door on time? What's the plan to improve our package processing? What's the plan to both improve carrier productivity while making the job less physically abusive? What's the plan to improve attendance and deal with FMLA abuse? What's the plan regarding the abusive management style by over 50% of the managers level 24 and above?

So really this wasn't a plan they presented at all. It was more of a mission statement.


The whole switching to trucking and less reliance on air, opening 46 new annexes, and investing in infrastructure seemed pretty cut abc clear to me. I guess others didn’t see it that way.
Ihatemanagement  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 6:48:54 AM(UTC)
Ihatemanagement

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2018(UTC)
Posts: 200
United States

Thanks: 45 times
Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post
The whole switching to trucking and less reliance on air, opening 46 new annexes, and investing in infrastructure seemed pretty cut abc clear to me. I guess others didn’t see it that way.

Are trucks not susceptible to weather or other situations that are “out of our control”? Where are the locations of these annexes and what specifics can you or Dejoy give us on infrastructure investing?
thanks 1 user thanked Ihatemanagement for this useful post.
Dazedandconfused on 3/31/2021(UTC)
craigrh13  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:08:10 PM(UTC)
craigrh13

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/15/2017(UTC)
Posts: 1,471

Thanks: 73 times
Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ihatemanagement Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post
The whole switching to trucking and less reliance on air, opening 46 new annexes, and investing in infrastructure seemed pretty cut abc clear to me. I guess others didn’t see it that way.

Are trucks not susceptible to weather or other situations that are “out of our control”? Where are the locations of these annexes and what specifics can you or Dejoy give us on infrastructure investing?


Alright. In typical fashion you just want to ***** and whine. Have fun with that.
roger.d  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 6:44:58 PM(UTC)
roger.d

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/25/2016(UTC)
Posts: 5,281
United States
Location: Midwest

Thanks: 142 times
Was thanked: 1012 time(s) in 817 post(s)
The limits on hours of service for truck drivers will slow the mail down tremendously.

Socialist governments traditionally do make a financial mess. They always run out of other people’s money. --Margaret Thatcher
thanks 1 user thanked roger.d for this useful post.
Ihatemanagement on 4/1/2021(UTC)
Ihatemanagement  
#25 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 3:49:18 AM(UTC)
Ihatemanagement

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2018(UTC)
Posts: 200
United States

Thanks: 45 times
Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ihatemanagement Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post
The whole switching to trucking and less reliance on air, opening 46 new annexes, and investing in infrastructure seemed pretty cut abc clear to me. I guess others didn’t see it that way.

Are trucks not susceptible to weather or other situations that are “out of our control”? Where are the locations of these annexes and what specifics can you or Dejoy give us on infrastructure investing?


Alright. In typical fashion you just want to ***** and whine. Have fun with that.


If you can’t answer my questions then just say so. It’s obvious that there will need to be revisions to these plans because they’re not perfect. Will Dejoy be able to adjust to changes as we are expected to? As others have pointed out, limited hours on truck drivers and issues with weather could possibly slow mail delivery even more than it is now. I want and am open to change. I don’t want irreparable harm done to the Postal Service. You’re treating this guy like he’s the next postal messiah before he’s really done anything.
thanks 1 user thanked Ihatemanagement for this useful post.
Amused on 4/1/2021(UTC)
Amused  
#26 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 9:11:29 AM(UTC)

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/19/2011(UTC)
Posts: 66

Thanks: 19 times
Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MPE2009 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Amused Go to Quoted Post
*The Postal Service will be just fine was the retirement pre-funding mandate is eliminated.

That used to be and is a major source of the overall debt we have. But those payments ended several years ago and we never were able to make all of the payments. So removing the prefunding mandate would provide some relief, but it will not fix our problems.

Quote:
*The real question is whether Louis DeJoy actually wants to "fix" the USPS. From what I see, all he has done is made a mess since he became the PMG.

Coming in from the outside with new ideas, change is always messy. But our problems require change and the jury is still out on whether or not he wants to or can fix our problems.

Quote:
*Removing needed automated equipment right before an election,

I call BS on this one. We were in the process of removing unneeded and underutilized equipment long before the election. It was equipment that should have been removed and PMG DeJoy was not the PMG when it started. Bigger problem is getting the idiots in operations to run more efficiently. To be fair however they have challenges of their own that lead to some of the inefficiency.

Quote:
*some of the worst cases of cronyism I have ever seen, dismantling administrative systems that worked just fine until he started his reorganization.... which is one of the worst games of the Postal Shuffle that I have ever witnessed.

Details please. What has he dismantled that worked fine before? What cronyism are you referring to or are you simply repeating uninformed gossip and ignorance?


Quote:
*Louis DeJoy needs to be removed so the USPS can move forward. He is the worst thing that happened to the USPS in years.





Obviously I think the jury is still out and I'm willing to give the guy a fair shot. Yes, he is a republican and well connected. But he applied for the job, a job he doesn't need. He does have some outside logistics experience and knowledge which may lend itself to improving our situation. Yet he's nowhere near the worst thing to happen to the USPS. IMO the worst thing that has happened to the USPS in years was Donald Trump. He had/has a personal grudge against Jeff Bezos. He wanted with every ounce of his being to win reelection. Starting with his election and continuing all the way through the 2020 election, he did nothing but attack and demean the USPS, our integrity and our workforce. PMG DeJoy on the other hand did not join in on those attacks and seems to support our continued existence, survival and valuable role in this country. Sure he should have been smarter with his transportation changes, talk about bad timing esp after the changes were so terribly mismanaged across the country by incompetent PDC managers and Area managers.



'm reserving judgement on the man for now. He's been handed a tough job and foolish rants without facts don't make it any better.


The fool making rants without facts would be YOU! I remember the machines that were put into our office at the beginning of last year, an expansion of automation in our facility being removed just months after DeJoy took office. I asked the maintenance personnel, why are you removing equipment that was just installed a few months ago. They just shrugged and laughed. I'm referring to the DBCS machines. Makes no sense no matter how you try to make it make sense.

The cronyism is at an all time high. I have been paying close attention to the people that are involved in the management shuffle. I have actually worked with some of these people, got to know their philosophy, watched which ones walked and which ones were given new titles and put in "control" of the disjointed mess that is now our organizational hierarchy. Some of them couldn't fix the problems they already had in their own offices and areas. Some were given made up awards to make it appear that they were doing a great job, which left most of us bewildered. Most just know how to play the game. That really helped get that mail out this past Christmas season. We have customers who STILL have not received packages that were shipped in December. I've been in the USPS for a long time. I have never experienced such a mess in my entire career. How again was the system broken? Because in my area, people were actually getting their mail on time before DeJoy made this reorganization mess.

With the reorganization, different administrative systems had to be changed to align with the newly created areas. What a *****ing mess! It takes longer to use what use to be simple reporting tools because of these changes.

Louis DeJoy is a detriment to the US Postal Service and he needs to be removed. He has had almost a year to make positive changes.......where are they?

About the prefunding- The USPS has NOT made all of the payments. We have been defaulting because we can't make the payments. We were required to pay over $110 billion dollars. If the money was already payed, there wouldn't be another bill in Congress to end the pre-funding?

Edited by user Thursday, April 1, 2021 9:24:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GordonG  
#27 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:47:09 PM(UTC)
GordonG

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/26/2013(UTC)
Posts: 4,366
United States
Location: Paradise

Thanks: 927 times
Was thanked: 1203 time(s) in 854 post(s)
What exactly are these positive changes that DeJoy should have made?

**
Life is Sweet unless you're not a nice person
**
roger.d  
#28 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 3:16:06 PM(UTC)
roger.d

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/25/2016(UTC)
Posts: 5,281
United States
Location: Midwest

Thanks: 142 times
Was thanked: 1012 time(s) in 817 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GordonG Go to Quoted Post
What exactly are these positive changes that DeJoy should have made?


Many have said that the USPS is bloated with people that do not touch the mail. I guess reducing the number of Districts (if the number of pencil pushers also goes down) doesn't count as a positive change.
Socialist governments traditionally do make a financial mess. They always run out of other people’s money. --Margaret Thatcher
thanks 1 user thanked roger.d for this useful post.
GordonG on 4/1/2021(UTC)
craigrh13  
#29 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 7:52:00 AM(UTC)
craigrh13

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/15/2017(UTC)
Posts: 1,471

Thanks: 73 times
Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ihatemanagement Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ihatemanagement Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post
The whole switching to trucking and less reliance on air, opening 46 new annexes, and investing in infrastructure seemed pretty cut abc clear to me. I guess others didn’t see it that way.

Are trucks not susceptible to weather or other situations that are “out of our control”? Where are the locations of these annexes and what specifics can you or Dejoy give us on infrastructure investing?


Alright. In typical fashion you just want to ***** and whine. Have fun with that.


If you can’t answer my questions then just say so. It’s obvious that there will need to be revisions to these plans because they’re not perfect. Will Dejoy be able to adjust to changes as we are expected to? As others have pointed out, limited hours on truck drivers and issues with weather could possibly slow mail delivery even more than it is now. I want and am open to change. I don’t want irreparable harm done to the Postal Service. You’re treating this guy like he’s the next postal messiah before he’s really done anything.


I’m treating this guy like he deserves a chance. He’s actually someone who has shown that he knows how to build a business and fix a business. So yeah, I’m hopeful he can right this sinking ship. However, what he has going against him are a bunch of whiny craft workers who have been brainwashed to think ALL management is bad and are a pain in the ass the entire step of the way. Everyone is so negative and doubtful. So yeah, I’m hopeful he can get us back on track. But he’s going to face a lot of backlash along the way from whiny workers, unions and do nothing politicians. Which is very unfortunate. I’ll remain optimistic because he has absolutely nothing to lose.
thanks 2 users thanked craigrh13 for this useful post.
GordonG on 4/2/2021(UTC), John Henry on 4/2/2021(UTC)
Ihatemanagement  
#30 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 12:36:20 PM(UTC)
Ihatemanagement

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2018(UTC)
Posts: 200
United States

Thanks: 45 times
Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ihatemanagement Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ihatemanagement Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post
The whole switching to trucking and less reliance on air, opening 46 new annexes, and investing in infrastructure seemed pretty cut abc clear to me. I guess others didn’t see it that way.

Are trucks not susceptible to weather or other situations that are “out of our control”? Where are the locations of these annexes and what specifics can you or Dejoy give us on infrastructure investing?


Alright. In typical fashion you just want to ***** and whine. Have fun with that.


If you can’t answer my questions then just say so. It’s obvious that there will need to be revisions to these plans because they’re not perfect. Will Dejoy be able to adjust to changes as we are expected to? As others have pointed out, limited hours on truck drivers and issues with weather could possibly slow mail delivery even more than it is now. I want and am open to change. I don’t want irreparable harm done to the Postal Service. You’re treating this guy like he’s the next postal messiah before he’s really done anything.


I’m treating this guy like he deserves a chance. He’s actually someone who has shown that he knows how to build a business and fix a business. So yeah, I’m hopeful he can right this sinking ship. However, what he has going against him are a bunch of whiny craft workers who have been brainwashed to think ALL management is bad and are a pain in the ass the entire step of the way. Everyone is so negative and doubtful. So yeah, I’m hopeful he can get us back on track. But he’s going to face a lot of backlash along the way from whiny workers, unions and do nothing politicians. Which is very unfortunate. I’ll remain optimistic because he has absolutely nothing to lose.

Fair point.
MPE2009  
#31 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 1:49:37 PM(UTC)
MPE2009

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/25/2016(UTC)
Posts: 2,729
United States

Thanks: 395 times
Was thanked: 643 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Amused Go to Quoted Post

The fool making rants without facts would be YOU! I remember the machines that were put into our office at the beginning of last year, an expansion of automation in our facility being removed just months after DeJoy took office.


We have been removing DBCS machines from our facility, neighboring facilities and states incrementally over the last few years as the letter volume has plummeted. This has been happening nationwide. In some cases we've consolidated processing from one facility to another. Thirteen years ago, we had twice the number of DBCS in our facility compared to now. You are even admitting you don't have a clue as to why machines were removed from your facility. But we removed machines we did not need, then had to reinstall them to watch them sit there empty due to there being insufficient volume to justify powering them up.
thanks 2 users thanked MPE2009 for this useful post.
Dazedandconfused on 4/3/2021(UTC), John Henry on 4/4/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 0.472 seconds.