Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
valeriep  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 2:43:48 PM(UTC)
valeriep

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 47 post(s)
A shop steward let us know that under the new NALC contract any transfers via ereassign will no longer become unassigned regulars. These will be replaced by PTF.

Is this true? If so, that is absolutely ridiculous. Just another time when USPS screws employees and NALC lets them get away with it. Cannot comprehend the thought of a FTR regular with 15 years on the job becoming a PTF and not being guaranteed 8 hours. Disgraceful
HoosierDaddy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 3:27:04 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Before the CCA position was created that's how it worked. Unless you were part of a mutual swap you became the junior PTF at your new installation.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 6, 2021 4:33:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG29PVMtAWE
Blahblah  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 3:33:29 PM(UTC)
Blahblah

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: valeriep Go to Quoted Post
A shop steward let us know that under the new NALC contract any transfers via ereassign will no longer become unassigned regulars. These will be replaced by PTF.

Is this true? If so, that is absolutely ridiculous. Just another time when USPS screws employees and NALC lets them get away with it. Cannot comprehend the thought of a FTR regular with 15 years on the job becoming a PTF and not being guaranteed 8 hours. Disgraceful

My ereassignment takes place this Saturday and I will be an unassigned regular city carrier.
valeriep  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 3:36:54 PM(UTC)
valeriep

Originally Posted by: Blahblah Go to Quoted Post

My ereassignment takes place this Saturday and I will be an unassigned regular city carrier.

That is probably because the new contract is not yet in effect
Blahblah  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 3:38:43 PM(UTC)
Blahblah

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Ah. When is the effective date for the new contract?
roger.d  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 3:50:28 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 996 time(s) in 806 post(s)

Unless he/she can show you where this is in the contract, I doubt it.
Those who are, know those who are not.

If you think they are after you, what did you do wrong?
valeriep  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 4:03:27 PM(UTC)
valeriep

Originally Posted by: roger.d Go to Quoted Post

https://s3.amazonaws.com...ries.nalc.org/M01947.pdf
roger.d  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 4:17:14 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 996 time(s) in 806 post(s)

OK, so why did you ask if this was true?

ETA: If I read this correctly, this only applies IF there is a PTF in the unit already. If the FTR transfers to a unit that does not have a PTF, it appears to me that they would transfer as a FTR.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 6, 2021 4:19:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Those who are, know those who are not.

If you think they are after you, what did you do wrong?
Seadogg  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 4:28:07 PM(UTC)
Seadogg

Was thanked: 613 time(s) in 435 post(s)
You are making a mountain out of a molehill. First of all, this only applies when there even ARE PTFs in the destination location. PTFs are only going to happen where there is insufficient work for a newly-converted CCA after they hit two years. Mostly the carrier craft is understaffed, and the only PTFs are going to be in very small offices.

Secondly, how would you feel if you were that newly-converted PTF? You've put in your time as a CCA, maybe spent a few years as a PTF. You would want make FTR, not have to wait in limbo while transfer after transfer jump in before you.
valeriep  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 4:29:56 PM(UTC)
valeriep

ETA: If I read this correctly, this only applies IF there is a PTF in the unit already. If the FTR transfers to a unit that does not have a PTF, it appears to me that they would transfer as a FTR.

Under the new contract all the CCAs are converted into PTFs unless there is an open route for them. There will be no unassigned regulars. So every installation will have PTFs!
Seadogg  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 4:38:28 PM(UTC)
Seadogg

Was thanked: 613 time(s) in 435 post(s)

Under the new contract all the CCAs are converted into PTFs unless there is an open route for them. There will be no unassigned regulars. So every installation will have PTFs!

This is incorrect. The vast majority of CCAs will convert to FTR. Places where time-to-conversion is less than two years are not affected by this at all. As I said in my last post, the only PTFs will be in places where there are CCAs who have over two years in, and there are no positions open for them.
shackmaster  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 5:57:17 PM(UTC)
shackmaster

Was thanked: 180 time(s) in 148 post(s)
We have an open position from a recent retirement. We have 2 unassigned regulars. We will have 4 CCAs converted to PTFs in May. That will leave us with 3 CCAs. Town with ~50 routes. Obviously everywhere is different.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed