Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

99 Pages«<2223242526>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
S. Florida Chick  
#461 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 3:24:38 AM(UTC)
S. Florida Chick

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: S. Florida Chick Go to Quoted Post
Hey all, I have been lurking for sometime - just decided to join today.

Quick question, anyone get told to schedule their phase 2 interview but then realize the portal has NO available dates? What should I do next?

I didn’t schedule mine through the portal but through some POC at the field office. They emailed me with available dates and times and I just chose one. I’d recommend reaching out to your AC to help facilitate next steps. Best of luck!

Oddly enough, I don't know who my AC is because of an issue that happened during my one-on-one and then things switched around for me.
tamvid11  
#462 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 8:13:15 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 51 post(s)

Quick question, anyone get told to schedule their phase 2 interview but then realize the portal has NO available dates? What should I do next?

I didn’t schedule mine through the portal but through some POC at the field office. They emailed me with available dates and times and I just chose one. I’d recommend reaching out to your AC to help facilitate next steps. Best of luck!

Oddly enough, I don't know who my AC is because of an issue that happened during my one-on-one and then things switched around for me.

From my experience, they (whoever they are) will reach out to you when you are supposed to schedule and they actually have dates set up. I've not done any scheduling through the portal yet. But mine keeps telling me the "next step" is a PFT... which I just finished medical and my BI isn't done yet, so I've been told to hold off on scheduling as I only need to do a Pre-Q PFT. If I scheduled one now, it might not remain good for the class they want me in or the class I'm eligible for based on when my BI will be completed. I still don't know if that means I will schedule it through the portal once I get the green light, or they will just throw me into whatever PFT they have scheduled for that office already.
Heyguys222  
#463 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 9:47:18 AM(UTC)
Heyguys222

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post

From my experience, they (whoever they are) will reach out to you when you are supposed to schedule and they actually have dates set up. I've not done any scheduling through the portal yet. But mine keeps telling me the "next step" is a PFT... which I just finished medical and my BI isn't done yet, so I've been told to hold off on scheduling as I only need to do a Pre-Q PFT. If I scheduled one now, it might not remain good for the class they want me in or the class I'm eligible for based on when my BI will be completed. I still don't know if that means I will schedule it through the portal once I get the green light, or they will just throw me into whatever PFT they have scheduled for that office already.

I can’t speak for the new portal but I took the PFT shortly before a lot of these changes. They just told me who to e-mail and ask about PFT dates and had me select from 3-4 different days and times.
nitro17  
#464 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 10:32:56 AM(UTC)
nitro17

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hey Tamvid - have you taken your Pre-Q PFT or has it been scheduled yet?
tamvid11  
#465 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 11:23:07 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: nitro17 Go to Quoted Post

Hey Tamvid - have you taken your Pre-Q PFT or has it been scheduled yet?

Nitro - I have not. I was a lucky ones who did the b-pft at the time of my meet and greet. So I know where I stand, and am just waiting on them to green light me for the pre-q at this point. I think they want to get a little further into BI before that though. We will see.
StormyWeather1  
#466 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 11:50:16 AM(UTC)
StormyWeather1

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Does anyone know if we are allowed time off while we are at the academy? Thanks!
Application: 5/20
Phase 1: 6/20
M&G: 8/20
PFT: 9/20
Phase 2: 10/20
Poly: 12/20
Medical: 1/21
Favorably Adj.: 3/21
BFTC: 8/21
BrickAgent  
#467 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 11:51:17 AM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I'm in the same boat, Tamvid. Really hoping for a June seat but looking more like August at this point (assuming favorable adjudication, that is). The waiting doesn't get any easier- make it stop!
tamvid11  
#468 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 11:52:12 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: StormyWeather1 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if we are allowed time off while we are at the academy? Thanks!

Simple answer is going to be no. It's completely locked down once you're there. Not even home for holidays at the moment.
StormyWeather1  
#469 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 11:52:50 AM(UTC)
StormyWeather1

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: StormyWeather1 Go to Quoted Post

Simple answer is going to be no. It's completely locked down once you're there. Not even home for holidays at the moment.

Wow, thank you for letting me know!
Application: 5/20
Phase 1: 6/20
M&G: 8/20
PFT: 9/20
Phase 2: 10/20
Poly: 12/20
Medical: 1/21
Favorably Adj.: 3/21
BFTC: 8/21
tamvid11  
#470 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 12:00:31 PM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Word out to those who are getting vaccinated and have medical approaching. I updated a couple a few months ago, but there are some that will interfere with the skin TB test (you can't have had them in the past 2 weeks I think). So update them earlier than you think you need to. Also, if you are going to get the COVID-19 vaccine, it also interferes and isn't listed on the forms. They will tell you that you have to wait 30 days after the second dose to get the skin test (my issue, and I haven't even had the second dose yet making me 45 days out from being able to do the skin test and delaying medical clearance). I let my PCP know, and they ordered a blood test for me, which I have to pay out of pocket for, but it can be done immediately and submitted to HQ with the rest of your medical.
thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
BrickAgent on 4/15/2021(UTC)
FutureGmen  
#471 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 2:28:10 AM(UTC)
FutureGmen

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Word out to those who are getting vaccinated and have medical approaching. I updated a couple a few months ago, but there are some that will interfere with the skin TB test (you can't have had them in the past 2 weeks I think). So update them earlier than you think you need to. Also, if you are going to get the COVID-19 vaccine, it also interferes and isn't listed on the forms. They will tell you that you have to wait 30 days after the second dose to get the skin test (my issue, and I haven't even had the second dose yet making me 45 days out from being able to do the skin test and delaying medical clearance). I let my PCP know, and they ordered a blood test for me, which I have to pay out of pocket for, but it can be done immediately and submitted to HQ with the rest of your medical.

Yes the latest M&G stated -PPD screening can only take place four weeks after second dose of Covid vaccine.
Switching topics
I’d like to finally take a vacation in other the US but I just accepted an CAO and submitted my SF-86. I received the PSI will reach out to schedule a meeting email. My travel will be to Cancun or Canada so should I provide the following:
Travel dates:
Hotel name:
Recreational plans:
Note: obviously I can wait until my PSI has been conducted or should travel prior to my PSI? Is going to Mexico a terrible place to pick while starting BI?
Oh3Fifty2  
#472 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 3:52:17 AM(UTC)
Oh3Fifty2

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike81b Go to Quoted Post

Yes the latest M&G stated -PPD screening can only take place four weeks after second dose of Covid vaccine.
Switching topics
I’d like to finally take a vacation in other the US but I just accepted an CAO and submitted my SF-86. I received the PSI will reach out to schedule a meeting email. My travel will be to Cancun or Canada so should I provide the following:
Travel dates:
Hotel name:
Recreational plans:
Note: obviously I can wait until my PSI has been conducted or should travel prior to my PSI? Is going to Mexico a terrible place to pick while starting BI?

Maybe ask your AC? Otherwise I’d just hold off, but can understand the itch to go on vacay. Additional foreign travel is only destined to extend your BI — perhaps not by long — as they’ll need to verify your travel, stay, and activities while abroad. Canada = 5 eyes so prob safer bet haha

Warning: you read it on an open Internet forum where everyone’s an expert :)

During my PSI, they asked me if I was planning any future travel. I told them I'm going to a country in Central America and she said it was no issue at all as long as I told them.
thanks 2 users thanked Oh3Fifty2 for this useful post.
BrickAgent on 4/16/2021(UTC), FutureGmen on 4/16/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#473 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 4:44:02 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

I'm in the same boat, Tamvid. Really hoping for a June seat but looking more like August at this point (assuming favorable adjudication, that is). The waiting doesn't get any easier- make it stop!

Hey Brick - What's your timeline look like? Just curious. I don't think my references have been contacted yet, so I don't think June is in my future. Also, I have to still wait on medical clearance since I just completed my portion. My contact said "everyone gets a kickback" from medical. So even though I think I took EVERYTHING, who knows what they will want from me. I think August might be doable since I've had so many BIs... I've heard they can kind of pick up where another agency left off... so we will see. I'm hoping for quick one.
FutureGmen  
#474 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 5:54:31 AM(UTC)
FutureGmen

United States

Switching topics
Travel dates:
Hotel name:
Recreational plans:

Maybe ask your AC? Otherwise I’d just hold off, but can understand the itch to go on vacay. Additional foreign travel is only destined to extend your BI — perhaps not by long — as they’ll need to verify your travel, stay, and activities while abroad. Canada = 5 eyes so prob safer bet haha

Thanks. My AC did say if I were to visit my family then it could extend my BI but I’m at the point ok take as long as you want. 🤷🏽‍♂️ There’s no magic 🪄 to say I’m going to make it through so I might as well enjoy my life.
FutureGmen  
#475 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 6:13:43 AM(UTC)
FutureGmen

United States

Originally Posted by: Oh3Fifty2 Go to Quoted Post

Switching topics
Travel dates:
Hotel name:
Recreational plans:

During my PSI, they asked me if I was planning any future travel. I told them I'm going to a country in Central America and she said it was no issue at all as long as I told them.

Since I’m a military retiree would it be bad to accept employment during my BI?
Annino  
#476 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 6:20:27 AM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 93 post(s)

Switching topics
Travel dates:
Hotel name:
Recreational plans:

Take it from me. When I previously went through the process I put my life on hold, didn't take trips, etc. I regret it very much. Just disclose it and go on your trip.
thanks 2 users thanked Annino for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 4/16/2021(UTC), 1811_Z on 4/16/2021(UTC)
GovGuy25  
#477 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 10:23:49 AM(UTC)
GovGuy25

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)

Hey Brick - What's your timeline look like? Just curious. I don't think my references have been contacted yet, so I don't think June is in my future. Also, I have to still wait on medical clearance since I just completed my portion. My contact said "everyone gets a kickback" from medical. So even though I think I took EVERYTHING, who knows what they will want from me. I think August might be doable since I've had so many BIs... I've heard they can kind of pick up where another agency left off... so we will see. I'm hoping for quick one.

Hey Tamvid, I had my poly in December and finished up my medical in January. They definitely kicked back a few things in the medical area that I had to run around and chase down, but wasn't too bad. I heard they fill seats at Q up until around the month before, but at this point June is looking like a long shot and I haven't heard a thing on my adjudication. I hear some people getting emails like "While you're in adjudication" or "while you're waiting for your Q date," but its been crickets for me. Really hoping for that email or phone call soon so I have a date to plan for.

Same. I sent a couple of emails, but haven't received any response. Still hopeful since the month isn't over yet, but it feels like a kite with no string at this point. It could go either way, or just decide to stay there for a while.
Paxor07  
#478 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 10:33:34 AM(UTC)
Paxor07

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I'm in a similar position, hopeful for June. Took my preQ pft in March.
tenaciousnerd  
#479 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 10:59:29 AM(UTC)
tenaciousnerd

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Anyone have insight into when June invites will start going out?
App: Sep 2018
PI/II: Dec 2018
PII pass: Jan 2019
PIII/pass: Sep 2019
PSI/fingerprints/poly: Dec 2019
Date change: Feb 2021
GovGuy25  
#480 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 11:46:47 AM(UTC)
GovGuy25

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tenaciousnerd Go to Quoted Post
Anyone have insight into when June invites will start going out?

Some June invites have already been sent out.
thanks 1 user thanked GovGuy25 for this useful post.
tenaciousnerd on 4/17/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed