Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

General Conversations

Within this forum, you can:

• share experiences as a federal employee
  • ask for some general help from fellow federal employees
  • offer helpful advice
  • make this world a better place (doesn't hurt to try)

Please keep in mind that this is not an opportunity to "step up on a soap box." Let's keep things clean, polite and useful. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ConcernedForDad  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2021 8:01:00 PM(UTC)
ConcernedForDad

Groups: Registered
United States

My father in law, Viet Nam vet, has ALS and is being treated by the VA for the last 4 years. His wife has done somes shady things from the very beginning. They had the VA come out and give requirements for ADA compliant things in their condo such as a bathroom. My mother in law had a contractor give a bloated price and install very cheap materials until the inspection was complete and approved by the VA. She then had the same contractor gut it and used the VA money to put in her dream bathroom that was not ADA compliant. Since then it has just gotten worse. The more money the VA gives her, the more her deceitfulness grows. My father in law is now unable to move and therefore cannot care for himself. His wife hires people with no experience and pays them cash. She then tells the VA she pays them more and keeps the extra money for herself. She has even hired her daughter as a care taker who has no medical experience either. She uses his VA benefit money to buy herself and her daughter expensive electronics instead of proper care for my father in law. Is this actually fraud, or just a greedy woman torturing her invalid husband? I don't want to fill out a ton of paperwork with my name on it, I just feel so bad for a man who served his country and was in law enforcement for over 40 years.

Edited by user Sunday, April 11, 2021 8:04:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GSBS  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2021 10:11:51 PM(UTC)
GSBS

Was thanked: 375 time(s) in 326 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ConcernedForDad Go to Quoted Post
My father in law, Viet Nam vet, has ALS and is being treated by the VA for the last 4 years. His wife has done somes shady things from the very beginning. They had the VA come out and give requirements for ADA compliant things in their condo such as a bathroom. My mother in law had a contractor give a bloated price and install very cheap materials until the inspection was complete and approved by the VA. She then had the same contractor gut it and used the VA money to put in her dream bathroom that was not ADA compliant. Since then it has just gotten worse. The more money the VA gives her, the more her deceitfulness grows. My father in law is now unable to move and therefore cannot care for himself. His wife hires people with no experience and pays them cash. She then tells the VA she pays them more and keeps the extra money for herself. She has even hired her daughter as a care taker who has no medical experience either. She uses his VA benefit money to buy herself and her daughter expensive electronics instead of proper care for my father in law. Is this actually fraud, or just a greedy woman torturing her invalid husband? I don't want to fill out a ton of paperwork with my name on it, I just feel so bad for a man who served his country and was in law enforcement for over 40 years.

https://www.justice.gov/...tice/va-benefits-fraud-0

Metalhed  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 9:41:17 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Phone: 1 (800) 488-8244
Monday–Wednesday and Friday between 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) or Thursday between 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)

FAX: (202) 495-5861

Mail:
VA Inspector General Hotline (53H)
810 Vermont Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20420

and you can call 1-800-827-1000 (be prepared to wait) and report the fraud and potential abuse. they can, after a lengthy process, appoint a Fiduciary for your FIL
Rss Feed  Atom Feed