Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

99 Pages«<2425262728>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eastwest  
#501 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 11:44:55 AM(UTC)
eastwest

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: userzero Go to Quoted Post
It is my understanding that new agents will be exposed to a variety of violations and will work whatever crime they're assigned (and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!). I've heard, too, that the probationary period will have new agents essentially rotating through different violations depending on the size/need of the FO/RA, etc.

That said, and out of pure curiosity, what violation(s) are you most interested/passionate about investigating?

For me, counter intel and financial crimes. One, because I romanticize about espionage and two, because I work in banking.
thanks 1 user thanked eastwest for this useful post.
S. Florida Chick on 4/28/2021(UTC)
GovGuy25  
#502 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 11:54:33 AM(UTC)
GovGuy25

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
The variety is something I look forward to, to tell you the truth. It's something an agent told me that helped put me on this path.
thanks 1 user thanked GovGuy25 for this useful post.
S. Florida Chick on 4/28/2021(UTC)
userzero  
#503 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 11:58:38 AM(UTC)
userzero

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: eastwest Go to Quoted Post
It is my understanding that new agents will be exposed to a variety of violations and will work whatever crime they're assigned (and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!). I've heard, too, that the probationary period will have new agents essentially rotating through different violations depending on the size/need of the FO/RA, etc.

That said, and out of pure curiosity, what violation(s) are you most interested/passionate about investigating?

For me, counter intel and financial crimes. One, because I romanticize about espionage and two, because I work in banking.

That is awesome. I can imagine your banking acumen will be put to good use!
7/19 - app
8/19 - Ph 1
1/20 - M&G
2/20 - Ph 2 W
9/20 - Ph 2 I
10/20 - PFT/CAO
12/20 - PSI/Poly
1/21 - Med
6/21 - BFTC
userzero  
#504 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 11:59:47 AM(UTC)
userzero

Originally Posted by: GovGuy25 Go to Quoted Post
The variety is something I look forward to, to tell you the truth. It's something an agent told me that helped put me on this path.

I think the same for myself, too. I am pretty much open to anything but have a special interest in cyber. I hope you get the variety you're looking for!
7/19 - app
8/19 - Ph 1
1/20 - M&G
2/20 - Ph 2 W
9/20 - Ph 2 I
10/20 - PFT/CAO
12/20 - PSI/Poly
1/21 - Med
6/21 - BFTC
MavMan  
#505 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 12:14:42 PM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)

Im looking forward to the variety as well, but part of my background is cyber (Pen testing, Cyber Defense) and im interested in how to use it in this type of environment. I just want to do alllll the things!
userzero  
#506 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 12:29:31 PM(UTC)
userzero

Originally Posted by: MavMan Go to Quoted Post

Im looking forward to the variety as well, but part of my background is cyber (Pen testing, Cyber Defense) and im interested in how to use it in this type of environment. I just want to do alllll the things!

It sounds like it! I feel confident you'll get pulled for some cyber duty with that background. You don't run into too many pen testers on a regular basis...at least I don't.
7/19 - app
8/19 - Ph 1
1/20 - M&G
2/20 - Ph 2 W
9/20 - Ph 2 I
10/20 - PFT/CAO
12/20 - PSI/Poly
1/21 - Med
6/21 - BFTC
thanks 1 user thanked userzero for this useful post.
MavMan on 4/21/2021(UTC)
BrickAgent  
#507 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 5:04:06 PM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Some insights on the FBIโ€™s Redstone Arsenal plans:

https://federalnewsnetwo...ealignment-strategy/amp/
thanks 2 users thanked BrickAgent for this useful post.
cmar on 4/20/2021(UTC), **** on 4/20/2021(UTC)
FingersCrossedJB  
#508 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 3:48:38 AM(UTC)
FingersCrossedJB

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It has been a while since I posted on here (SA 2019,2020 thread);

I took a small break from the FBI hiring process (for the 2nd time), but I am back to continue where I left off, P2 interview.

I have about 10 stories/examples all tied into the core competencies, Is the Stars method(situation, task, action, result) still a good approach on the P2 interview? Any other pointers to consider?

With COVID going on, how long is it taking to get P2 results? Are we still getting the CJO after P2, or do we have pass a PFT first (not sure with the PFT scoring changes if it has also affected FOs in the pilot program)?

Edited by user Wednesday, April 21, 2021 3:49:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tamvid11  
#509 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 5:26:54 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FingersCrossedJB Go to Quoted Post
It has been a while since I posted on here (SA 2019,2020 thread);

I took a small break from the FBI hiring process (for the 2nd time), but I am back to continue where I left off, P2 interview.

I have about 10 stories/examples all tied into the core competencies, Is the Stars method(situation, task, action, result) still a good approach on the P2 interview? Any other pointers to consider?

With COVID going on, how long is it taking to get P2 results? Are we still getting the CJO after P2, or do we have pass a PFT first (not sure with the PFT scoring changes if it has also affected FOs in the pilot program)?

It defintely sounds like you are prepared. Stick to the STAR method. P2 results are taking a couple weeks last I heard - around the 10 days, but I know during the thick of COVID it was taking longer. There is no PFT required now to get the COA, so if you pass P2 they will do the COA. You will only have to do the pre-Q PFT 120 prior to reporting to Q. You have to score a 5 with at least 1 point in each category. You have a year to pass the Pre-Q PFT, so if you aren't ready you can delay it or fail and take it 3 more times within that year. There is no more pilot program to my knowledge. I was part of that, and this new PFT process took the place of it right after I did my B-PFT... that was cool.
tamvid11  
#510 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 7:14:08 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Anyone got a time-frame on how long it takes for medical clearance after the medical appointments? The doc at FOH gave me a full clearance, but I'm assuming FBI HQ can still come back to me if they need further clarification on anything. I have all my vaccines up to date, and supplied letters from doctors about past conditions being in full remission and not affecting my work ability. And supplied a letter from my doc about a current medical condition that is fully controlled by daily meds and has no affect on my abilities to work. I don't have a VA disability, so I didn't have to supply anything there. I even supplied my last vision exam from my eye doctor from just a couple months ago where they noted 20/20 vision and no need for RX at this time.

Just wondering if I supplied enough to make it through medical clearance without anything further being required, and if so, how long does a clearance take?

Edited by user Wednesday, April 21, 2021 8:16:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 4/21/2021(UTC)
MavMan  
#511 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 7:48:34 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Has anyone had their credit pulled twice within a couple months? Once in Jan at the beginning of my background and I just noticed it was pulled again last week....I'm so confused as to what is happening in the process right now.
nitro17  
#512 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 8:58:20 AM(UTC)
nitro17

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MavMan Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone had their credit pulled twice within a couple months? Once in Jan at the beginning of my background and I just noticed it was pulled again last week....I'm so confused as to what is happening in the process right now.

This has not happened to me. Only once back in Feb that I can see.
Wiz_10  
#513 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 10:15:54 AM(UTC)
Wiz_10

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
What's the appropriate dress attire for the medical? Also, I don't believe I've had a meningococcal conjugate vaccine within the last five years and they instructed not to get any vaccinations within the last several weeks as it could alter the TB test. Any idea how long that could potentially delay me in the process or would it simply require that after my medical I go receive that vaccination and provide them proof when done?
GovGuy25  
#514 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 12:35:27 PM(UTC)
GovGuy25

United States

Update on my personal pft testing scores.

Sit ups: 60+
300m: 44"
Push ups: 56
1.5mi Run: 11'15"

The run continues to be the hardest part, but I also feel the most confident about improved performance on test day for it, considering my routine.
thanks 2 users thanked GovGuy25 for this useful post.
Paxor07 on 4/21/2021(UTC), 1811_Z on 4/21/2021(UTC)
Paxor07  
#515 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 12:41:53 PM(UTC)
Paxor07

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
That's great govguy. Feel like I've plateaued and need to change things up.
FutureGmen  
#516 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 12:44:18 PM(UTC)
FutureGmen

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)

The run continues to be the hardest part, but I also feel the most confident about improved performance on test day for it, considering my routine.

Awesome ๐Ÿ˜Ž and forty year olds(like me) are reading this like ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ
TwoSevenThreeOne  
#517 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 12:48:30 PM(UTC)
TwoSevenThreeOne

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Does anyone have experience with providing a positive Hep A titer for the medical? I got the first dose a few years back for my current employer but was not required to get the 2nd shot. I just got a titer taken and I'm immune from the 1st shot. Wondering if they're going to tell me I still need the 2nd one or accept my positive titer knowing I only had 1st dose? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
BrickAgent  
#518 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 12:49:36 PM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 31 post(s)

I struggle on the 300M. How are you specifically training for this segment?
GovGuy25  
#519 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 1:01:47 PM(UTC)
GovGuy25

United States

Originally Posted by: Paxor07 Go to Quoted Post
That's great govguy. Feel like I've plateaued and need to change things up.

What is your routine? I approach this like a standardized test. Focusing on lifts or exercises that would increase my general level of fitness might be more impactful in general, but that doesn't necessarily translate into higher scores on these specific exercises.

Ex: You would probably be better off, from a general knowledge perspective, reading various literature on math, science, and liberal arts. Bit that wouldn't necessarily translate into a better SAT score than if you just studied for the SAT, focusing on problems likely to be presented.
FutureGmen  
#520 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 1:11:01 PM(UTC)
FutureGmen

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post

I struggle on the 300M. How are you specifically training for this segment?

Same here 49 300m I need to run my heart out
Rss Feed  Atom Feed