Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Medicare and Health Care

*This is a non-medical board. This site shall not be used to seek professional, medical or legal consultation.

Medicare is health insurance for people age 65 or older, under age 65 with certain disabilities, and any age person with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). There are many different parts to Medicare; with all of these options, it can be confusing.

This forum will allow members to share their experience with medicare and seek advice* on certain medicare-related situations.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
G0271  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 7:23:21 AM(UTC)
G0271

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
HI everyone,
Can someone please help me interpret this? my questions is: Does my health insurance start on day one of employment?

FEHB handbook. “Under the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program, you can enroll within 60 days from the date of becoming eligible. Your coverage will become effective the first day of the first pay period that begins after your enrollment request is received and that follows a pay period during any part of which you are in pay status.”

Thank you
GSBS  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 12:21:00 PM(UTC)
GSBS

Was thanked: 340 time(s) in 294 post(s)
Originally Posted by: G0271 Go to Quoted Post
HI everyone,
Can someone please help me interpret this? my questions is: Does my health insurance start on day one of employment?

FEHB handbook. “Under the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program, you can enroll within 60 days from the date of becoming eligible. Your coverage will become effective the first day of the first pay period that begins after your enrollment request is received and that follows a pay period during any part of which you are in pay status.”

Thank you
I filled out the paperwork in my first week and carried a copy of my application with me just in case!

teeeeej  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 8:49:40 PM(UTC)
teeeeej

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I enrolled before my start date, filled them out online in the agency's hiring portal. it still wasn't effective until a pay period after that I don't think.
spence  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 1:51:16 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 38 post(s)
No, it doesn't start on day 1 of employment. You can enroll starting on day 1 of employment, but the insurance doesn't take effect until the next pay period. If you start work at the beginning of a pay period and enroll in the same pay period, your insurance takes effect 2 weeks after you start.

Originally Posted by: G0271 Go to Quoted Post
HI everyone,

Thank you

Edited by user Thursday, April 22, 2021 1:56:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed