Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

59 Pages«<56789>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scottyd27  
#121 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 1:14:24 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 300 time(s) in 225 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Red Go to Quoted Post
Before RRA98 (which was an over-reaction to Congress beating up on IRS to score cheap political points), there were around 8000 Revenue Officers. They were the backbone of the service. They never have received the recognition they deserve- the public thinks all IRS "agents" are auditors. Same for politicians and the press. With the huge amount of uncollected tax out there,(already on the books), it would be wise to hire more ROs. But "wise" and "government" are seldom used in the same sentence. Good luck to you guys. I hope they hire more of you and turn you loose.

They need to give ROs some more teeth.

We do have some power. But I tell my friends. The IRS is scared, but you should be more afraid of your state and local taxing authorities
scottyd27  
#122 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 1:18:22 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Just in case there’s any question.

I love being an RO. I think it’s a great job. I turned down the RA position last year because I like being an RO.

And I don’t care what anyone say. The IRS is a great place to work.

I work from home and in the field. I’m not over managed.

Sure the agency has its issues. Like any federal agency. But all in all.

It’s a really good place to work and being an RO is a great job.
TheCollector1205  
#123 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 4:24:19 PM(UTC)
TheCollector1205

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Congrats Papoose on being selected. Good luck as a RO and welcome to the club. ScottyD is right...there’s some things to complain about (like any job) but overall its a good job especially if you have a good manager that doesn’t micromanage. I’ve been a RO for almost 12 years and could see myself being a RO for the rest of my career. Maybe in the future I would take another position for financial reasons or if I eventually want a change but I don’t know of another job within the service that I’d rather do. The one exception might have been CI but I am past the age limit now. Hopefully we return to the field soon because that’s the best aspect in my opinion. I worked other jobs before the IRS where a lot of the days dragged and some days I’d really dread going in. There’s rarely a day like that here and the majority of my days fly by. I think it says something that a lot of current and former RO’s are commenting positively on this board which is a testament to the job being a good one.
Spazilton  
#124 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 12:59:11 PM(UTC)
Spazilton

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Congrats on the selection. Hopefully we see some movement on the externals here soon. Has anyone seen the results from their assessments?
scottyd27  
#125 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 3:14:55 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Originally Posted by: TheCollector1205 Go to Quoted Post
Congrats Papoose on being selected. Good luck as a RO and welcome to the club. ScottyD is right...there’s some things to complain about (like any job) but overall its a good job especially if you have a good manager that doesn’t micromanage. I’ve been a RO for almost 12 years and could see myself being a RO for the rest of my career. Maybe in the future I would take another position for financial reasons or if I eventually want a change but I don’t know of another job within the service that I’d rather do. The one exception might have been CI but I am past the age limit now. Hopefully we return to the field soon because that’s the best aspect in my opinion. I worked other jobs before the IRS where a lot of the days dragged and some days I’d really dread going in. There’s rarely a day like that here and the majority of my days fly by. I think it says something that a lot of current and former RO’s are commenting positively on this board which is a testament to the job being a good one.

I think in a about 5 years I might go for an analyst position. I’m starting to get older and don’t like to drive as much as I once did.

TheCollector1205  
#126 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 5:40:44 PM(UTC)
TheCollector1205

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I don’t blame you Scotty. I don’t know any analysts personally but it could be interesting. I know a lot of RO’s who went to Advisory later in their career. I put in for a few Advisory openings just to try to get a 12 although if I had got one my intention was to try to return to the field. The people who have gone to Advisory don’t seem to regret it though. Apparently less pressure/deadlines than the field. I think the Fraud Technical Advisor position would be an interesting one for me. PALS as well but I’m not willing to do that amount of traveling.
RK  
#127 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 1:36:52 AM(UTC)
RK

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Has anyone received the result of the ROSA? Or
or any externals been contacted for interview yet?
I am an external in Socal and I took mine on march 12th, have not heard anything yet! crossing my fingers

Edited by user Saturday, April 24, 2021 1:58:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scottyd27  
#128 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 2:05:41 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Originally Posted by: RK Go to Quoted Post
I am an external in Socal and I took mine on march 12th, have not heard anything yet! crossing my fingers

Patience young Jedi
someoneincali  
#129 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 1:21:33 AM(UTC)
someoneincali

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RK Go to Quoted Post

im an internal and was interviewed for northern california the week of March 29th, it was a good interview. Iam still waiting for selected or not selected...word from some mgt ppl, they start selecting internals for RO last week... ........reading previous post, they started eastcoast first???? we shall see how this panes out for westcoast selections. GL everyone whose been interviewed.

Edited by user Monday, April 26, 2021 1:23:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked someoneincali for this useful post.
RK on 4/26/2021(UTC)
someoneincali  
#130 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 1:33:42 AM(UTC)
someoneincali

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
https://www.usajobs.gov/...446600?PostingChannelID=

wondering, what is going on here??? anyone knows...they adding more to hire?
scottyd27  
#131 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 2:33:20 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Originally Posted by: someoneincali Go to Quoted Post
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599446600?PostingChannelID=

Could be a few reasons.

They didn’t get enough qualified applicants in the first posting.

They got enough qualified applicants but then realized there was funding form more.

Or HCO make an error
XFed77  
#132 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 7:20:04 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Papoose79 Go to Quoted Post
Got the call yesterday with the verbal you're select but pick the location. I chose my current location. I was told more information would be coming soon. This was from the internal recruitment.

Lastly yes the class part of the training will be virtual and I am sure they'll come up with something for the OJI phase.

I am an internal that started as an AM CSR in Memphis, then went to ACS CSR in Denver. Took a 2 year break at another agency. Returned IRS as an ITAS last year that barely got trained 10 months later. I think OJI will be fine whenever they get to it considering the training for ITAS is not so put together! 😆

I am one of those that weren't lucky enough to be able to work from home, and was denied the opportunity to train from home.

Also, I received an email stating I failed the ROSA, so I appealled it stating the test has not changed since I took it and passed it in 2016, so either I failed it then or something is wrong.

They actually pulled my records and investigated it and confirmed something was wrong with the testing score and I did pass it again this time. So never be afraid to appeal/question these NOR if you don't agree.

Congratulations Papoose!

And once again, Thanks for sharing these details.

You were informed of your selection yesterday, April 21st, about 2 months from the date it was announced: February 22nd. That is kind of quick.

That is encouraging news! I figure that once they're done hiring internals, they'll move on to externals; The external announcement opened March 8th.

I'm hoping we hear something from HR within 30 days of the last action taken, (status changed from administering RO assessment to "Qualifications under review"), on March 29th.

Thanks for sharing the other information also!

Good luck in your career as an RO.

Reviewed my status on USAJOBS today and it changed from: "Qualifications under review" to "Application received"...

My first impression is that it seems like a regression on status; Back to the status after submitting the application initially.

I hope it means they're moving/making changes in the system thus preparing to interview applicants???

Let's see.

***Added comment on 04/27/2021***

No wonder my status changed from "Qualifications under review" to "Application received"... They were in the process of reopening the announcement... These status changes have a reason.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 27, 2021 12:17:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: New information

brian76  
#133 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 7:31:33 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I received the following email this morning:

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service

Human Capital Office
Talent Acquisition
Employment Operations
Brookhaven Employment Office

Dear xxxxxxxx

This is to formally notify you that we are rescinding the system-generated notice that indicated that you had failed one of the Revenue Officer assessments.

You have Passed the Revenue Officer Assessment and will receive further notifications based on any claimed Veterans Preference and your Quality Grouping.
scottyd27  
#134 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 8:14:27 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Originally Posted by: Papoose79 Go to Quoted Post
Got the call yesterday with the verbal you're select but pick the location. I chose my current location. I was told more information would be coming soon. This was from the internal recruitment.

Lastly yes the class part of the training will be virtual and I am sure they'll come up with something for the OJI phase.

I am an internal that started as an AM CSR in Memphis, then went to ACS CSR in Denver. Took a 2 year break at another agency. Returned IRS as an ITAS last year that barely got trained 10 months later. I think OJI will be fine whenever they get to it considering the training for ITAS is not so put together! 😆

I am one of those that weren't lucky enough to be able to work from home, and was denied the opportunity to train from home.

Also, I received an email stating I failed the ROSA, so I appealled it stating the test has not changed since I took it and passed it in 2016, so either I failed it then or something is wrong.

They actually pulled my records and investigated it and confirmed something was wrong with the testing score and I did pass it again this time. So never be afraid to appeal/question these NOR if you don't agree.

Congratulations Papoose!

And once again, Thanks for sharing these details.

You were informed of your selection yesterday, April 21st, about 2 months from the date it was announced: February 22nd. That is kind of quick.

That is encouraging news! I figure that once they're done hiring internals, they'll move on to externals; The external announcement opened March 8th.

I'm hoping we hear something from HR within 30 days of the last action taken, (status changed from administering RO assessment to "Qualifications under review"), on March 29th.

Thanks for sharing the other information also!

Good luck in your career as an RO.

Reviewed my status on USAJOBS today and it changed from: "Qualifications under review" to "Application received"...

My first impression is that it seems like a regression on status; Back to the status after submitting the application initially.

I hope it means they're moving/making changes in the system thus preparing to interview applicants???

Let's see.

Don’t put to much stock into status on USAJobs.

brian76  
#135 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 11:43:43 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: someoneincali Go to Quoted Post
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599446600?PostingChannelID=

I see this is an internal posting. I wonder if this will be posted for externals. There are two locations listed on here that are closer for me than the external posting last month.

Edited by user Monday, April 26, 2021 11:53:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Duvalgirl  
#136 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 12:13:31 PM(UTC)
Duvalgirl

United States

Originally Posted by: brian76 Go to Quoted Post

Internal Revenue Service

Human Capital Office
Talent Acquisition
Employment Operations

Dear xxxxxxxx

This is to formally notify you that we are rescinding the system-generated notice that indicated that you had failed one of the Revenue Officer assessments.

You have Passed the Revenue Officer Assessment and will receive further notifications based on any claimed Veterans Preference and your Quality Grouping.

I was declined on April 15th because the email I received said I didn’t pass the ROSA. Then I received the same email today. Then my status change to reviewing qualification. It previously went back to accepting application when I was denied.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:18:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

XFed77  
#137 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:33:30 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Duvalgirl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: brian76 Go to Quoted Post

Internal Revenue Service

Human Capital Office
Talent Acquisition
Employment Operations

Dear xxxxxxxx

I was declined on April 15th because the email I received said I didn’t pass the ROSA. Then I received the same email today. Then my status change to reviewing qualification. It previously went back to accepting application when I was denied.

Congratulations on passing the ROSA and still being considered for the position!

I guess we can infer that whoever has been declined/disqualified at this point has been notified and the rest of us are still being considered.

I'll take it as good news up to this point.

Spazilton  
#138 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 11:06:33 AM(UTC)
Spazilton

United States

I just got this:

Internal Revenue Service

Human Capital Office
Talent Acquisition
Employment Operations

Announcement: 21BRK-SBX0323-1169-07T09
Position: REVENUE OFFICER
Series: 1169 Grade: 07

Dear XXXXXXXX:

Thank you for your interest in employment with the Internal Revenue Service. We received your application for employment; however, at this time we wish to inform you that the recruitment for announcement 21BRK-SBX0323-1169-07T09 has been re-opened with additional locations. Applications will be processed for the following locations: Anchorage, AK, US, Phoenix, AZ, US, Bakersfield, CA, US, Camarillo, CA, US, El Monte, CA, US, Fresno, CA, US, Glendale, CA, US, Laguna Niguel, CA, US, Oakland, CA, US, Sacramento, CA, US, Salinas, CA, US, San Bernardino, CA, US, San Francisco, CA, US, San Jose, CA, US, San Marcos, CA, US, San Mateo, CA, US, Santa Ana, CA, US, Santa Barbara, CA, US, Santa Clarita, CA, US, Santa Maria, CA, US, Santa Rosa, CA, US, Stockton, CA, US, Denver, CO, US, Fort Collins, CO, US, New Haven, CT, US, Norwalk, CT, US, Newark, DE, US, Washington, DC, US, Jacksonville, FL, US, Lakeland, FL, US, Maitland, FL, US, Melbourne, FL, US, Miami, FL, US, Panama City, FL, US, Pensacola, FL, US, Plantation, FL, US, Tampa, FL, US, Atlanta, GA, US, Atlanta, GA, US, Macon, GA, US, Savannah, GA, US, Smyrna, GA, US, Honolulu, HI, US, Boise, ID, US, Chicago, IL, US, Downers Grove, IL, US, Fairview Heights, IL, US, Matteson, IL, US, Peoria, IL, US, Schiller Park, IL, US, Evansville, IN, US, Fort Wayne, IN, US, Indianapolis, IN, US, Terre Haute, IN, US, Davenport, IA, US, Des Moines, IA, US, Sioux City, IA, US, Waterloo, IA, US, Overland Park, KS, US, Wichita, KS, US, Florence, KY, US, Lexington, KY, US, Lafayette, LA, US, Shreveport, LA, US, Augusta, ME, US, Bangor, ME, US, Baltimore, MD, US, Frederick, MD, US, Rockville, MD, US, Brockton, MA, US, Southborough, MA, US, Springfield, MA, US, Stoneham, MA, US, East Lansing, MI, US, Flint, MI, US, Grand Rapids, MI, US, Portage, MI, US, Bloomington, MN, US, Mankato, MN, US, Saint Cloud, MN, US, Saint Paul, MN, US, Gulfport, MS, US, Chesterfield, MO, US, Lees Summit, MO, US, Billings, MT, US, Missoula, MT, US, Omaha, NE, US, Reno, NV, US, Manchester, NH, US, Nashua, NH, US, Portsmouth, NH, US, Cherry Hill, NJ, US, Mays Landing, NJ, US, Springfield, NJ, US, Albuquerque, NM, US, Las Cruces, NM, US, Santa Fe, NM, US, Binghamton, NY, US, Brooklyn, NY, US, Buffalo, NY, US, Elmira, NY, US, Hauppauge, NY, US, New Windsor, NY, US, Bronx, NY, US, New York, NY, US, Rochester, NY, US, Syracuse, NY, US, Utica, NY, US, White Plains, NY, US, Asheville, NC, US, Charlotte, NC, US, Greensboro, NC, US, Greenville, NC, US, Raleigh, NC, US, Bismarck, ND, US, Cincinnati, OH, US, Columbus, OH, US, Dayton, OH, US, Independence, OH, US, Oklahoma City, OK, US, Tulsa, OK, US, Bend, OR, US, Eugene, OR, US, Medford, OR, US, Salem, OR, US, Altoona, PA, US, Bethlehem, PA, US, Erie, PA, US, Harrisburg, PA, US, Horsham, PA, US, King of Prussia, PA, US, Lancaster, PA, US, Media, PA, US, Philadelphia, PA, US, Pittsburgh, PA, US, Scranton, PA, US, Washington, PA, US, Warwick, RI, US, Greenville, SC, US, North Charleston, SC, US, Aberdeen, SD, US, Sioux Falls, SD, US, Knoxville, TN, US, Nashville, TN, US, Austin, TX, US, Farmers Branch, TX, US, Fort Worth, TX, US, Harlingen, TX, US, Houston, TX, US, Longview, TX, US, Lubbock, TX, US, San Antonio, TX, US, Wichita Falls, TX, US, Ogden, UT, US, Salt Lake City, UT, US, Brattleboro, VT, US, Burlington, VT, US, Rutland, VT, US, Fredericksburg, VA, US, Hampton, VA, US, Norfolk, VA, US, Richmond, VA, US, Roanoke, VA, US, Richland, WA, US, Seattle, WA, US, Spokane, WA, US, Tacoma, WA, US, Vancouver, WA, US, Bridgeport, WV, US, Charleston, WV, US, Eau Claire, WI, US, La Crosse, WI, US, Madison, WI, US, Milwaukee, WI, US, Rothschild, WI, US, Waukesha, WI, US, Casper, WY, US, Cheyenne, WY, US.

You may return to your application and apply to the location(s), listed above if you desire.

1. Sign in to your USAJOBS Account at https://www.usajobs.gov.
2. Select "Applications Status"
3. In the "Application Status" column, click on "more information"
4. You will be automatically taken to CareerConnector.
5. The Application Detail page will give you two options at the bottom of the screen. (You will only see this option if the announcement is still open.)
6. Click review and update your answers
(Click review and update the documents if needed)

7. You must click "Finish" at the bottom of the last page for the application process to be completed.

Contact our office if you have any questions. When responding to this correspondence, please include your name and the vacancy announcement number 21BRK-SBX0323-1169-07T09, so we can promptly respond to your inquiry.

Sincerely,

Nothing on if I passed the ROSA or not, my status has gone back to application received and the vacancy now closes in 90 days. Does this mean I wasn't even strong enough to warrant an interview or to move forward in the process?

Edited by user Tuesday, April 27, 2021 11:10:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Spazilton  
#139 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 11:12:10 AM(UTC)
Spazilton

United States

The RO announcement has been reopened and extended to 07/27/2021...

https://www.usajobs.gov/...ob/ViewDetails/599701100

If they're not hiring while the announcement is open for 3 more months, it will take a while for people to get on board.

I hope they do hire in waves while it's open and we don't have to wait that extra time.

Let's see...

Does that mean that people that have already applied back in March and haven't gotten notice that they failed the ROSA are good to go? At this point I'm close to writing this position off I think my prospects with https://www.usajobs.gov/...ob/ViewDetails/597970700 are much more promising considering my pre-law degree focused on EEOC/employment law.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 27, 2021 11:19:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

brian76  
#140 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 11:31:16 AM(UTC)

I just edited my locations for the updated announcement. For those that are waiting for their ROSA results, check your spam folder. If the email is not there, I would think it’s fair to send a follow up email to check the status.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed