Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

97 Pages«<2930313233>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tamvid11  
#601 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:30:43 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MavMan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post
My wife asked A LOT of questions about moving and how that plays out. I don't know if/when they tell you this stuff if you don't have a spousal interview and don't ask... so here's an info drop. It won't answer all questions, but I know it made her feel a lot better about it.
For the 1st move, they will send a pod to your house and people to load it. You need to have all your stuff in labeled boxes. They will breakdown beds and carry out the large furniture and pack the boxes in the pod for you. They will then store the pod in the location you're moving to until you make it out there. Once you're settled in a place, they will deliver the pod with people to unpack the pod. They will reassemble beds and put the large furniture and boxes in the locations you've indicated. Future moves would include packing and unpacking services as long as they are needs of the FBI.
They will not ship a car.
My AC wasn't exactly sure how much they pay per mile when you drive, but you will get mileage and per diem during the move (he said you'll make money during the move) and only required to travel between 200-400 miles per day (he didn't remember the minimum but thought it was 200). If it takes you 5 days to get to where you're going, great, they pay for the whole thing and he said to make a mini vaca out of it when it's a long distance.

Have ya'll had military moves? I've never had a move that didn't result in stolen or damaged things. I love a good moving purge though haha

It was suggested to move "light". So it is a good time to purge! LOL they do cover the insurance on the move too, but yeah, I would just go ahead and anticipate something getting broken... I don't even want to think of the process of filing a claim. I have the mentality of, it gets broke, I should have gotten rid of it before and it just wasn't meant to be. Also, I've kept all the original packing materials for computers and TVs... Some think that is excessive - if you've done a military move with others handling your stuff - you'll know it's not.
thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
MavMan on 4/27/2021(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee  
#602 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:34:55 AM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I asked my AC and she said the FBI will pay to have my stuff packed up and moved. So I guess don't have to have things packed and labeled in boxes ahead of time? Sounds like some of this depends on if you're a current government employee or coming from the private sector as well. I guess the moving process will all be covered in detail during a pre-q call though.
thanks 1 user thanked 1995JeepCherokee for this useful post.
MavMan on 4/27/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#603 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 10:54:14 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: 1995JeepCherokee Go to Quoted Post
I asked my AC and she said the FBI will pay to have my stuff packed up and moved. So I guess don't have to have things packed and labeled in boxes ahead of time? Sounds like some of this depends on if you're a current government employee or coming from the private sector as well. I guess the moving process will all be covered in detail during a pre-q call though.

It is different if you are already a current fbi employee. Then they do pack the boxes for you, but I'm not sure about if they do the same for other federal employees and transferring over to FBI. Packing can mean a lot of things, when they say pack and move, did they mean pack the pod or pack the boxes? My wife made sure my AC clarified. I would seek full clarification when that call comes. I've also seen this stated elsewhere by the FBI, they will pay for it to be loaded/unloaded, but not for the actual packing unless you are currently an FBI employee.
1995JeepCherokee  
#604 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 10:58:52 AM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 1995JeepCherokee Go to Quoted Post

It is different if you are already a current fbi employee. Then they do pack the boxes for you, but I'm not sure about if they do the same for other federal employees and transferring over to FBI. Packing can mean a lot of things, when they say pack and move, did they mean pack the pod or pack the boxes? My wife made sure my AC clarified. I would seek full clarification when that call comes. I've also seen this stated elsewhere by the FBI, they will pay for it to be loaded/unloaded, but not for the actual packing unless you are currently an FBI employee.

Hmm okay thanks. I'm definitely going to clarify all these things and more when the call happens so will report back on my findings as well. I'm single so if I need to have all my stuff packed to be ready to move after Quantico I'll have to try and take care of most of that before I leave.
BrickAgent  
#605 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 11:16:01 AM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Taking my pre-Q PFT this Thursday. Wish me luck, ladies and gents! Hoping for June class but may end up being August depending on how Thursday goes. :)
thanks 1 user thanked BrickAgent for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 4/27/2021(UTC)
GovGuy25  
#606 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 11:44:27 AM(UTC)
GovGuy25

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post
Taking my pre-Q PFT this Thursday. Wish me luck, ladies and gents! Hoping for June class but may end up being August depending on how Thursday goes. :)

Good Luck! My one big piece of advice is to leave everything on the track. This is it. You can collapse at home later, just as long as you make it while on the track.
thanks 3 users thanked GovGuy25 for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 4/27/2021(UTC), BrickAgent on 4/27/2021(UTC), MavMan on 4/27/2021(UTC)
BrickAgent  
#607 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 11:51:59 AM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GovGuy25 Go to Quoted Post

Good Luck! My one big piece of advice is to leave everything on the track. This is it. You can collapse at home later, just as long as you make it while on the track.

Love that advice, thanks man. I'll make it count!
Mr. Liquid  
#608 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 12:28:36 PM(UTC)
Mr. Liquid

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)

Good luck! I've got mine on May 14th for the August class.
MavMan  
#609 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 12:39:10 PM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)

Good Luck Brick!!!
Annino  
#610 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 12:46:24 PM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Good luck! Pick the fastest guy/gal and chase them!
tamvid11  
#611 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 3:51:27 PM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

I took a PFT in December. It was a group thing for sure. They kept us socially distant. For the sit-ups we put our feet under a fence instead of them holding. The run/sprint you had to stay in your lane. They had a good set up where I was. It was 28 degrees but a good setup. Looking forward to my pre-Q in some nice weather!
TwoSevenThreeOne  
#612 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 5:25:11 PM(UTC)
TwoSevenThreeOne

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Had my Pre-Q today, it's a good feeling getting it out of the way. Looking forward to hearing good news from you Thursday. Best of luck.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 27, 2021 5:27:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked TwoSevenThreeOne for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 4/27/2021(UTC)
nitro17  
#613 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 5:50:06 PM(UTC)
nitro17

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm seeing several Pre-Q PFTs... all around the same background timeline. I have mine Friday! :)
Paxor07  
#614 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 5:55:12 PM(UTC)
Paxor07

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Good luck! Took my preQ in March. I was the only one there
thanks 1 user thanked Paxor07 for this useful post.
nitro17 on 4/27/2021(UTC)
unk458jg  
#615 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 6:06:51 PM(UTC)
unk458jg

United States

Hello everyone,

New to the board here. Threw my name back in the process after failing P2 about a year and a half ago. I wish I had more insight into the contributing factor of me failing but regardless, my work/life experience has only gone up since then. I hope the restart to my process is quick and that I have much better success on my final attempt whenever it may be.
S. Florida Chick  
#616 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 3:44:05 AM(UTC)
S. Florida Chick

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Just an update for anyone curious or going through the same point of the process.

I received this email, "Please be advised that the Phase II interview slots will be open on or about the first week of May for scheduling."

So I will the schedule for Phase II interview soon, I actually want to take at the end of May until the middle of June if possible. Going to have a minor surgery but do NOT want to drop out of the process.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 28, 2021 6:05:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked S. Florida Chick for this useful post.
1811_Z on 4/28/2021(UTC)
S. Florida Chick  
#617 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 5:11:20 AM(UTC)
S. Florida Chick

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Update on my personal pft testing scores.

Sit ups: 60+
300m: 44"
Push ups: 56
1.5mi Run: 11'15"

The run continues to be the hardest part, but I also feel the most confident about improved performance on test day for it, considering my routine.

Nice!
Care to share your routine?

tamvid11  
#618 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 7:28:53 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

For those of us who won't make it to the June class. The last 2 of the year are Aug 1-Dec 22 and Sept 26-Feb something (sorry don't remember the end date on that one).
thanks 4 users thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 4/28/2021(UTC), cmar on 4/28/2021(UTC), TwoSevenThreeOne on 4/28/2021(UTC), Maple_Latte on 4/28/2021(UTC)
FutureGmen  
#619 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 7:47:07 AM(UTC)
FutureGmen

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
For those of us who won't make it to the June class. The last 2 of the year are Aug 1-Dec 22 and Sept 26-Feb something (sorry don't remember the end date on that one).

Sooooooooo great information and gives us hope maybe we can make the September and those shooting for June (good 🍀 🤞🏾)

So I have my PSI scheduled as of last night.
Updated timeline:
Phase II - 10/15/19
CJO- 4/13/21
SF-86 Submitted - 4/15/21
PSI- 5/6/21
Poly- 6/8/21
Let’s keep rolling…. 🥁 🥁
PFT dates 7/8, 8/12, 9/9 (not scheduled) these are dates for my region

I have an active current secret clearance, military retiree(I know it has nothing to do with FBI process)

My question is based on the experience on this forum what are my chances (Jim Carey voice) for the September class?
thanks 1 user thanked FutureGmen for this useful post.
TwoSevenThreeOne on 4/28/2021(UTC)
GovGuy25  
#620 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 8:08:23 AM(UTC)
GovGuy25

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: S. Florida Chick Go to Quoted Post
Update on my personal pft testing scores.

Sit ups: 60+
300m: 44"
Push ups: 56
1.5mi Run: 11'15"

The run continues to be the hardest part, but I also feel the most confident about improved performance on test day for it, considering my routine.

Nice!
Care to share your routine?

Everything, except for the run, three times. I wrote a more detailed routine a couple pages back, but that's the gist of it. One thing I think people overlook is the 5 minute break. Acclimating yourself to recovery within a short time frame is important when bouncing from more anaerobic to more aerobic activity.
thanks 2 users thanked GovGuy25 for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 4/28/2021(UTC), Mr. Liquid on 4/28/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed