Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

99 Pages«<2829303132>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FutureGmen  
#581 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 7:46:58 AM(UTC)
FutureGmen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
So I have my PSI scheduled as of last night.
Updated timeline:
Phase II - 10/15/19
CJO- 4/13/21
SF-86 Submitted - 4/15/21
PSI- 5/6/21
Poly- 6/8/21
Let’s keep rolling…. 🥁 🥁
tamvid11  
#582 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 7:55:14 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mr. Liquid Go to Quoted Post
Hey tamvid11, I tried to send a PM but your inbox is full :)

Fixed it!
thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
Mr. Liquid on 4/27/2021(UTC)
Quiet_Professional  
#583 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 8:11:35 AM(UTC)
Quiet_Professional

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike81b Go to Quoted Post
Updated timeline:
Phase II - 10/15/19
CJO- 4/13/21
PSI- 5/6/21
Poly- 6/8/21
Let’s keep rolling…. 🥁 🥁

Did you get your PSI and Poly date at the same time? I had my PSI conducted just over 3 weeks ago and have not heard about my Poly yet.
FutureGmen  
#584 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 8:20:04 AM(UTC)
FutureGmen

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tx_forever Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mike81b Go to Quoted Post
Updated timeline:
Phase II - 10/15/19
CJO- 4/13/21
PSI- 5/6/21
Poly- 6/8/21
Let’s keep rolling…. 🥁 🥁

Did you get your PSI and Poly date at the same time? I had my PSI conducted just over 3 weeks ago and have not heard about my Poly yet.

So I had my polygraph scheduled before my PSI two weeks ago; although the request went out to the case agent for assignment they reached out last night.
tamvid11  
#585 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 8:53:20 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

My wife asked A LOT of questions about moving and how that plays out. I don't know if/when they tell you this stuff if you don't have a spousal interview and don't ask... so here's an info drop. It won't answer all questions, but I know it made her feel a lot better about it.
For the 1st move, they will send a pod to your house and people to load it. You need to have all your stuff in labeled boxes. They will breakdown beds and carry out the large furniture and pack the boxes in the pod for you. They will then store the pod in the location you're moving to until you make it out there. Once you're settled in a place, they will deliver the pod with people to unpack the pod. They will reassemble beds and put the large furniture and boxes in the locations you've indicated. Future moves would include packing and unpacking services as long as they are needs of the FBI.
They will not ship a car.
My AC wasn't exactly sure how much they pay per mile when you drive, but you will get mileage and per diem during the move (he said you'll make money during the move) and only required to travel between 200-400 miles per day (he didn't remember the minimum but thought it was 200). If it takes you 5 days to get to where you're going, great, they pay for the whole thing and he said to make a mini vaca out of it when it's a long distance.
thanks 4 users thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
Mr. Liquid on 4/27/2021(UTC), MavMan on 4/27/2021(UTC), S. Florida Chick on 4/28/2021(UTC), userzero on 4/28/2021(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee  
#586 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:00:37 AM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
UGH I have heard so many different things about moving now haha. Is there any word on how long they will store the POD for you? Like could you get out there and stay in a long term hotel for a month while you house hunt then get your stuff moved in then?
thanks 1 user thanked 1995JeepCherokee for this useful post.
LEO2FBI on 4/27/2021(UTC)
MavMan  
#587 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:08:41 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post
My wife asked A LOT of questions about moving and how that plays out. I don't know if/when they tell you this stuff if you don't have a spousal interview and don't ask... so here's an info drop. It won't answer all questions, but I know it made her feel a lot better about it.
For the 1st move, they will send a pod to your house and people to load it. You need to have all your stuff in labeled boxes. They will breakdown beds and carry out the large furniture and pack the boxes in the pod for you. They will then store the pod in the location you're moving to until you make it out there. Once you're settled in a place, they will deliver the pod with people to unpack the pod. They will reassemble beds and put the large furniture and boxes in the locations you've indicated. Future moves would include packing and unpacking services as long as they are needs of the FBI.
My AC wasn't exactly sure how much they pay per mile when you drive, but you will get mileage and per diem during the move (he said you'll make money during the move) and only required to travel between 200-400 miles per day (he didn't remember the minimum but thought it was 200). If it takes you 5 days to get to where you're going, great, they pay for the whole thing and he said to make a mini vaca out of it when it's a long distance.

Have ya'll had military moves? I've never had a move that didn't result in stolen or damaged things. I love a good moving purge though haha
thanks 1 user thanked MavMan for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 4/27/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#588 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:25:29 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: 1995JeepCherokee Go to Quoted Post
UGH I have heard so many different things about moving now haha. Is there any word on how long they will store the POD for you? Like could you get out there and stay in a long term hotel for a month while you house hunt then get your stuff moved in then?

Welp, she didn't ask about that. He did make it seem like they would store it until you asked for it though. There wasn't a "we will store it for 30 days", it was "we will store it until you're settled and find a place and request it".

MavMan on 4/27/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#589 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:30:43 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: MavMan Go to Quoted Post

Have ya'll had military moves? I've never had a move that didn't result in stolen or damaged things. I love a good moving purge though haha

It was suggested to move "light". So it is a good time to purge! LOL they do cover the insurance on the move too, but yeah, I would just go ahead and anticipate something getting broken... I don't even want to think of the process of filing a claim. I have the mentality of, it gets broke, I should have gotten rid of it before and it just wasn't meant to be. Also, I've kept all the original packing materials for computers and TVs... Some think that is excessive - if you've done a military move with others handling your stuff - you'll know it's not.
MavMan on 4/27/2021(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee  
#590 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:34:55 AM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

I asked my AC and she said the FBI will pay to have my stuff packed up and moved. So I guess don't have to have things packed and labeled in boxes ahead of time? Sounds like some of this depends on if you're a current government employee or coming from the private sector as well. I guess the moving process will all be covered in detail during a pre-q call though.
thanks 1 user thanked 1995JeepCherokee for this useful post.
MavMan on 4/27/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#591 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 10:54:14 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

I asked my AC and she said the FBI will pay to have my stuff packed up and moved. So I guess don't have to have things packed and labeled in boxes ahead of time? Sounds like some of this depends on if you're a current government employee or coming from the private sector as well. I guess the moving process will all be covered in detail during a pre-q call though.

It is different if you are already a current fbi employee. Then they do pack the boxes for you, but I'm not sure about if they do the same for other federal employees and transferring over to FBI. Packing can mean a lot of things, when they say pack and move, did they mean pack the pod or pack the boxes? My wife made sure my AC clarified. I would seek full clarification when that call comes. I've also seen this stated elsewhere by the FBI, they will pay for it to be loaded/unloaded, but not for the actual packing unless you are currently an FBI employee.
1995JeepCherokee  
#592 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 10:58:52 AM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

It is different if you are already a current fbi employee. Then they do pack the boxes for you, but I'm not sure about if they do the same for other federal employees and transferring over to FBI. Packing can mean a lot of things, when they say pack and move, did they mean pack the pod or pack the boxes? My wife made sure my AC clarified. I would seek full clarification when that call comes. I've also seen this stated elsewhere by the FBI, they will pay for it to be loaded/unloaded, but not for the actual packing unless you are currently an FBI employee.

Hmm okay thanks. I'm definitely going to clarify all these things and more when the call happens so will report back on my findings as well. I'm single so if I need to have all my stuff packed to be ready to move after Quantico I'll have to try and take care of most of that before I leave.
BrickAgent  
#593 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 11:16:01 AM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Taking my pre-Q PFT this Thursday. Wish me luck, ladies and gents! Hoping for June class but may end up being August depending on how Thursday goes. :)
thanks 1 user thanked BrickAgent for this useful post.
GovGuy25  
#594 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 11:44:27 AM(UTC)
GovGuy25

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post
Taking my pre-Q PFT this Thursday. Wish me luck, ladies and gents! Hoping for June class but may end up being August depending on how Thursday goes. :)

Good Luck! My one big piece of advice is to leave everything on the track. This is it. You can collapse at home later, just as long as you make it while on the track.
thanks 3 users thanked GovGuy25 for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 4/27/2021(UTC), BrickAgent on 4/27/2021(UTC), MavMan on 4/27/2021(UTC)
BrickAgent  
#595 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 11:51:59 AM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GovGuy25 Go to Quoted Post

Good Luck! My one big piece of advice is to leave everything on the track. This is it. You can collapse at home later, just as long as you make it while on the track.

Love that advice, thanks man. I'll make it count!
Mr. Liquid  
#596 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 12:28:36 PM(UTC)
Mr. Liquid

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)

Good luck! I've got mine on May 14th for the August class.
MavMan  
#597 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 12:39:10 PM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)

Good Luck Brick!!!
Annino  
#598 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 12:46:24 PM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 93 post(s)

Good luck! Pick the fastest guy/gal and chase them!
tamvid11  
#599 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 3:51:27 PM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

I took a PFT in December. It was a group thing for sure. They kept us socially distant. For the sit-ups we put our feet under a fence instead of them holding. The run/sprint you had to stay in your lane. They had a good set up where I was. It was 28 degrees but a good setup. Looking forward to my pre-Q in some nice weather!
TwoSevenThreeOne  
#600 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 5:25:11 PM(UTC)
TwoSevenThreeOne

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Had my Pre-Q today, it's a good feeling getting it out of the way. Looking forward to hearing good news from you Thursday. Best of luck.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 27, 2021 5:27:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked TwoSevenThreeOne for this useful post.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed