Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Relocating

Are you considering relocating your federal career - either by your choice or by Uncle Sam? There are practical issues and concerns to think about when deciding whether or not to relocate. Others have done it while still others have not. This forum will allow for all to offer their insight, post their questions, and help each other out.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BartNFocus  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2021 8:07:00 PM(UTC)
BartNFocus

Groups: Registered
Singapore

A little background. I am currently a NT-5 in Singapore, working for the DON. I am coming up on my 18 month mark on a 36 month tour here. I am on the fence about putting in for an extention (have a 3 year old that is not growning up around or seeing his grandparents and extended family, and a 14 year old that wasn't able to travel with us to Singapore, for custody reasons, that we miss dearly). I am trying to figure out, along with the PPP research as to when to put myself on the list, when would one start applying for other government/contractor positions, just in case PPP falls through? I was recruited out of Arizona (worked for Intel), but really really want to go back home to Florida. Any advice or true hollywood stories??
0018 Hopeful  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 6:20:12 AM(UTC)
0018 Hopeful

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Here is mine.

Wife decided she'd had enough of Europe, for that time and we decided not to apply for an extension.

I got an email that from CPAC (HR for non Army types) and was told that they were putting me on PPP as I had gotten promoted in Germany.

About a week later I got a call for an interview and then got a position.

At about month 32 (after letting your command know) I'd start applying for jobs. That way you are only curtailing a month or two early.

I got another promotion leaving so they didn't harass by leaving early.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed