Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

97 Pages«<3132333435>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GovGuy25  
#641 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 9:38:34 AM(UTC)
GovGuy25

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Fresh news. If the stars align, I might see you all in June.
thanks 2 users thanked GovGuy25 for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 4/29/2021(UTC), userzero on 4/29/2021(UTC)
MavMan  
#642 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 9:48:23 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GovGuy25 Go to Quoted Post
Fresh news. If the stars align, I might see you all in June.

Gov thats awesome!!!
MavMan  
#643 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 10:16:19 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MavMan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: StormyWeather1 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know what happens if you have a class date but don't pass the pre-Q PFT?

You get put on the next classes roster and pass one for that class, but I think you only need a 5? You do need a 12 at the academy though!

Yes, my understanding is that you need a 5 for the Pre-Q PFT but a 12 after you arrive. Do you just have to pass it once at the academy with a 12 though, or more than once?

I think you get 2 chances, but you only need to pass it once...I'm just keeping the mentality I have to take once a month so i dont get too lax haha
MavMan  
#644 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 10:25:35 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post
Taking my pre-Q PFT this Thursday. Wish me luck, ladies and gents! Hoping for June class but may end up being August depending on how Thursday goes. :)

Hey Brick! How'd you do?!?!?!
AGJ  
#645 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 10:35:57 AM(UTC)
AGJ

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Just out of curiosity, does anybody happen to know when the first day someone is officially on FBI payroll is? Is it the first day they arrive at Quantico? I only ask because it seems like it would be a lot of fun for newly arrived trainees to be talking to OPM about setting up their TSP and health insurance while simultaneously adapting to the new training environment and having much less free time. Perhaps someone more advanced in the process can answer this one?

They revealed during the spousal interview that NATs don't get their first paycheck until week four at Q. But I'm not sure how that impacts the other issues you raised.
JimmyNorthwood  
#646 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 11:11:59 AM(UTC)
JimmyNorthwood

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike81b Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know what happens if you have a class date but don't pass the pre-Q PFT?

You get put on the next classes roster and pass one for that class, but I think you only need a 5? You do need a 12 at the academy though!

Yes, my understanding is that you need a 5 for the Pre-Q PFT but a 12 after you arrive. Do you just have to pass it once at the academy with a 12 though, or more than once?

I think you get 2 chances, but you only need to pass it once...I'm just keeping the mentality I have to take once a month so i dont get too lax haha

We have 3 shots to pass once based on the latest M&G slideshow. Does anyone have a rough schedule of Q preferably physical fitness time, wake up call, and lights out.

No no, the 3 shots was the old PFT system prior to the CJO. You now have unlimited failures pre-Q. You only get 2 shots at Q.
JimmyNorthwood  
#647 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 11:13:35 AM(UTC)
JimmyNorthwood

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
What did you guys wear to your poly? They said business casual, but that's always so subjective. Are we talking slacks and short sleeve polo?
MavMan  
#648 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 11:21:40 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Originally Posted by: JimmyNorthwood Go to Quoted Post
What did you guys wear to your poly? They said business casual, but that's always so subjective. Are we talking slacks and short sleeve polo?

A suit and they asked me to take the jacket off.
Heyguys222  
#649 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 11:56:44 AM(UTC)
Heyguys222

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)

I was told when I asked here that you take 2 PFTs at Q. One week 2 and one week 9. You are expected to pass both and if you fail the week 2 one you can be sent home. However, they might decide to have you in a training program to try and get you to pass week 9. The consensus seemed to be you should go to Q ready to pass the PFT by week 2 or be ready to potentially be sent home.
thanks 2 users thanked Heyguys222 for this useful post.
MavMan on 4/29/2021(UTC), FutureGmen on 4/29/2021(UTC)
GovGuy25  
#650 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 12:30:13 PM(UTC)
GovGuy25

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Highly recommend business formal, especially if your poly takes place at the office. While you may have a more lax person, some people can be strict about it.
1995JeepCherokee  
#651 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 2:02:20 PM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
If you fail the week 2 one then you get put in "power PT" for a couple days a week at like 6am or something. So pass the first one unless that sounds like fun.
thanks 1 user thanked 1995JeepCherokee for this useful post.
BrickAgent on 4/30/2021(UTC)
Heyguys222  
#652 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 2:18:56 PM(UTC)
Heyguys222

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 1995JeepCherokee Go to Quoted Post
If you fail the week 2 one then you get put in "power PT" for a couple days a week at like 6am or something. So pass the first one unless that sounds like fun.

Shoot I’m so paranoid I’ll probably sign up for the power PT just to make sure I stay in shape for the second PFT. Would be crushed to work so hard and fail out for that.
tamvid11  
#653 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 4:00:49 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Just out of curiosity, does anybody happen to know when the first day someone is officially on FBI payroll is? Is it the first day they arrive at Quantico? I only ask because it seems like it would be a lot of fun for newly arrived trainees to be talking to OPM about setting up their TSP and health insurance while simultaneously adapting to the new training environment and having much less free time. Perhaps someone more advanced in the process can answer this one?

Great questions.. also at which point can we negotiate a step increase?

You will start at the beginning of a pay period. You will receive your first paycheck 4 weeks after starting on that friday. You do not need to negotiate step increases - they will be automatic. Year one is GL10 step 1, Year 2 is GS 10 step 2, Year 3 is GS 11 step 3, Year 4 is GS 12, Year 5 is GS 13... after that I think you get a step increase every 2-3 years and at some point I think it goes every 5. You will top out at GS 13 step 10 unless you apply for a supervisor position.

You get several admin days at the start to figure out your TSP and health insurance paperwork and have 30 days to submit. You can look on OPM now and figure out which insurances you would like and best fit your family. TSP is fairly easy too. They match the first 3% and match half to 5%. So put in at least 5% to start to maximize your matching benefit. All the paperwork can be found @ https://www.fbi.gov/about/new-employees if you want to get a head start and see exactly what you will be filling out.
thanks 5 users thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
Mr. Liquid on 4/30/2021(UTC), BrickAgent on 4/30/2021(UTC), FutureGmen on 4/30/2021(UTC), userzero on 4/30/2021(UTC), AGJ on 4/30/2021(UTC)
MavMan  
#654 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 4:59:13 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Took my pre-Q yesterday. Good news and bad news. Bad news is I completely bombed the 1.5 mile and missed the cut by 15 seconds. Good news is I improved significantly on everything else and scored a total of 15. Plan to retake in the next week or two and am looking at the August class. Hey, at least the weather will be cooler than :) Meanwhile, hitting the longer runs in the meantime!

Thats ok Brick! They won't keep your name on the roster if you pass in 2 weeks? August isn't too far away! though!
thanks 1 user thanked MavMan for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 4/30/2021(UTC)
MavMan  
#655 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 5:06:30 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Definitely a step in the right direction and a good mindset to have. I've taken the pre-Q, but I only got an unofficial notice. I wonder if anyone on here has gotten the official word yet?
Mr. Liquid  
#656 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 5:10:30 AM(UTC)
Mr. Liquid

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Took my pre-Q yesterday. Good news and bad news. Bad news is I completely bombed the 1.5 mile and missed the cut by 15 seconds. Good news is I improved significantly on everything else and scored a total of 15. Plan to retake in the next week or two and am looking at the August class. Hey, at least the weather will be cooler than :) Meanwhile, hitting the longer runs in the meantime!

Yeah, I feel sorry for the poor saps who have to spend June and July in Virginia :)

How many rest days did you take prior to the test? In my practice tests and my phase 2 PFT, I have found that really protecting my diet and sleep for the week leading up to the test makes a big difference.

I have my pre-Q PFT on May 14. Good luck on your next one and hopefully I'll see you in August!
FutureGmen  
#657 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 5:14:29 AM(UTC)
FutureGmen

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post

You will start at the beginning of a pay period. You will receive your first paycheck 4 weeks after starting on that friday. You do not need to negotiate step increases - they will be automatic. Year one is GL10 step 1, Year 2 is GS 10 step 2, Year 3 is GS 11 step 3, Year 4 is GS 12, Year 5 is GS 13... after that I think you get a step increase every 2-3 years and at some point I think it goes every 5. You will top out at GS 13 step 10 unless you apply for a supervisor position.

You get several admin days at the start to figure out your TSP and health insurance paperwork and have 30 days to submit. You can look on OPM now and figure out which insurances you would like and best fit your family. TSP is fairly easy too. They match the first 3% and match half to 5%. So put in at least 5% to start to maximize your matching benefit. All the paperwork can be found @ https://www.fbi.gov/about/new-employees if you want to get a head start and see exactly what you will be filling out.

Thanks. I was referring to someone like myself who is a GS-12 Step 2. Will I get a chance to negotiate after receiving the final offer?
Mr. Liquid  
#658 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 5:15:46 AM(UTC)
Mr. Liquid

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)

So, one question I have is, are you paid for the first 4 weeks of training, and just don't receive your paycheck until week 4? Or is the first 4 weeks of the job just... unpaid?
BrickAgent  
#659 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 5:19:46 AM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mr. Liquid Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, I feel sorry for the poor saps who have to spend June and July in Virginia :)

How many rest days did you take prior to the test? In my practice tests and my phase 2 PFT, I have found that really protecting my diet and sleep for the week leading up to the test makes a big difference.

I have my pre-Q PFT on May 14. Good luck on your next one and hopefully I'll see you in August!

Good luck on May 14, Liquid! Honestly, I think lack of rest is what did me in. I got notice that I could take the PFT the day after working out legs HARD. I was super sore and rested the day before, but I think I needed more recovery time.
thanks 2 users thanked BrickAgent for this useful post.
Mr. Liquid on 4/30/2021(UTC), FutureGmen on 5/1/2021(UTC)
MavMan  
#660 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 5:20:08 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Originally Posted by: Mr. Liquid Go to Quoted Post

So, one question I have is, are you paid for the first 4 weeks of training, and just don't receive your paycheck until week 4? Or is the first 4 weeks of the job just... unpaid?

No you are paid, you just are waiting until the next payroll...I've never been in a job where I didn't get paid after 3-4 weeks there.
thanks 1 user thanked MavMan for this useful post.
Mr. Liquid on 4/30/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed