Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

99 Pages«<3031323334>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AGJ  
#621 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 7:33:08 PM(UTC)
AGJ

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
What I’ve heard is:

June 6
August 1
September 26
thanks 2 users thanked AGJ for this useful post.
**** on 4/28/2021(UTC), FutureGmen on 4/28/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#622 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 3:51:13 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike81b Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FeistyFrog Go to Quoted Post
Do we know how many more Quantico classes they're doing this year? I've heard June and August for sure. Any others after those?

Tamy mentioned June and Sep-feb? Is there an august class?

Yes. Aug 1-Dec 22. The other is Sept 26-Feb (second week of feb I think). These are the current fiscal year classes, there will likely be more in 2021. I know they typically do a Dec start class too, but there could be Oct or Nov (I've not heard any rumors of these, but based on past knowledge they do 6-8 classes per fiscal year).
June class # is 21-04
Aug class # is 21-05
Sept class # is 21-06 - meaning they ran 6 classes this fiscal year

Edited by user Thursday, April 29, 2021 4:10:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
**** on 4/29/2021(UTC)
eastwest  
#623 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 4:17:30 AM(UTC)
eastwest

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Nice to hear there will be more classes available. Man, it stinks waiting. I've been in the process since October 2018 and COVID really extended things in the middle of it all. In BI now since Dec/January and things were moving real quick. It seemed like I'd make it through pretty quickly, but haven't heard anything in a while.

Just venting a little. This forum is quite supportive which I'm sure we all appreciate!
Heyguys222  
#624 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 4:21:14 AM(UTC)
Heyguys222

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: eastwest Go to Quoted Post
Nice to hear there will be more classes available. Man, it stinks waiting. I've been in the process since October 2018 and COVID really extended things in the middle of it all. In BI now since Dec/January and things were moving real quick. It seemed like I'd make it through pretty quickly, but haven't heard anything in a while.

Just venting a little. This forum is quite supportive which I'm sure we all appreciate!

Just keep reminding yourself no news is good news for a BI.
tamvid11  
#625 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 4:37:53 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: 1995JeepCherokee Go to Quoted Post
I had fun! Hopefully they'll be moving back to normal graduations soon

Was told by AC the director is re-evaluating everything in Jun/Jul to see if they can open things back up a bit. He said he vaccine is starting to become available to the students at the academy, so that is helping. It's not a mandatory vaccination though, so I'm not sure how that will impact the decision.
thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
Mr. Liquid on 4/29/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#626 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 4:40:24 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: eastwest Go to Quoted Post

How long did it take you to clear medical? Also, did you have a lot of travel, or live in multiple places over the past 10 years? I'm just trying to get an idea of how long these things take...
jmd4j  
#627 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 5:30:13 AM(UTC)
jmd4j

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post
I had fun! Hopefully they'll be moving back to normal graduations soon

Was told by AC the director is re-evaluating everything in Jun/Jul to see if they can open things back up a bit. He said he vaccine is starting to become available to the students at the academy, so that is helping. It's not a mandatory vaccination though, so I'm not sure how that will impact the decision.

Whew if that isn't good news! Looks like FLETC is back open with non-vaccinated showing up two weeks prior to quarantine, and not being allowed off base. Vaccinated are given a different badge to come and go off post.

Edited by user Thursday, April 29, 2021 5:34:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked jmd4j for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 4/29/2021(UTC), Mr. Liquid on 4/29/2021(UTC), tamvid11 on 4/29/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#628 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 8:46:32 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Would someone who has dealt with psych due to prior counseling PM me? I've been told this is inevitable even though I provided letters from my docs. Just like to know more about what they will require, and how long this might hold me up.
GovGuy25  
#629 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 9:38:34 AM(UTC)
GovGuy25

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Fresh news. If the stars align, I might see you all in June.
thanks 2 users thanked GovGuy25 for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 4/29/2021(UTC), userzero on 4/29/2021(UTC)
MavMan  
#630 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 9:48:23 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GovGuy25 Go to Quoted Post
Fresh news. If the stars align, I might see you all in June.

Gov thats awesome!!!
MavMan  
#631 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 10:16:19 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MavMan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: StormyWeather1 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know what happens if you have a class date but don't pass the pre-Q PFT?

You get put on the next classes roster and pass one for that class, but I think you only need a 5? You do need a 12 at the academy though!

Yes, my understanding is that you need a 5 for the Pre-Q PFT but a 12 after you arrive. Do you just have to pass it once at the academy with a 12 though, or more than once?

I think you get 2 chances, but you only need to pass it once...I'm just keeping the mentality I have to take once a month so i dont get too lax haha
MavMan  
#632 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 10:25:35 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post
Taking my pre-Q PFT this Thursday. Wish me luck, ladies and gents! Hoping for June class but may end up being August depending on how Thursday goes. :)

Hey Brick! How'd you do?!?!?!
AGJ  
#633 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 10:35:57 AM(UTC)
AGJ

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Just out of curiosity, does anybody happen to know when the first day someone is officially on FBI payroll is? Is it the first day they arrive at Quantico? I only ask because it seems like it would be a lot of fun for newly arrived trainees to be talking to OPM about setting up their TSP and health insurance while simultaneously adapting to the new training environment and having much less free time. Perhaps someone more advanced in the process can answer this one?

They revealed during the spousal interview that NATs don't get their first paycheck until week four at Q. But I'm not sure how that impacts the other issues you raised.
JimmyNorthwood  
#634 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 11:11:59 AM(UTC)
JimmyNorthwood

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike81b Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know what happens if you have a class date but don't pass the pre-Q PFT?

You get put on the next classes roster and pass one for that class, but I think you only need a 5? You do need a 12 at the academy though!

Yes, my understanding is that you need a 5 for the Pre-Q PFT but a 12 after you arrive. Do you just have to pass it once at the academy with a 12 though, or more than once?

I think you get 2 chances, but you only need to pass it once...I'm just keeping the mentality I have to take once a month so i dont get too lax haha

We have 3 shots to pass once based on the latest M&G slideshow. Does anyone have a rough schedule of Q preferably physical fitness time, wake up call, and lights out.

No no, the 3 shots was the old PFT system prior to the CJO. You now have unlimited failures pre-Q. You only get 2 shots at Q.
JimmyNorthwood  
#635 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 11:13:35 AM(UTC)
JimmyNorthwood

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
What did you guys wear to your poly? They said business casual, but that's always so subjective. Are we talking slacks and short sleeve polo?
MavMan  
#636 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 11:21:40 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Originally Posted by: JimmyNorthwood Go to Quoted Post
What did you guys wear to your poly? They said business casual, but that's always so subjective. Are we talking slacks and short sleeve polo?

A suit and they asked me to take the jacket off.
Heyguys222  
#637 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 11:56:44 AM(UTC)
Heyguys222

I was told when I asked here that you take 2 PFTs at Q. One week 2 and one week 9. You are expected to pass both and if you fail the week 2 one you can be sent home. However, they might decide to have you in a training program to try and get you to pass week 9. The consensus seemed to be you should go to Q ready to pass the PFT by week 2 or be ready to potentially be sent home.
thanks 2 users thanked Heyguys222 for this useful post.
MavMan on 4/29/2021(UTC), FutureGmen on 4/29/2021(UTC)
GovGuy25  
#638 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 12:30:13 PM(UTC)
GovGuy25

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Highly recommend business formal, especially if your poly takes place at the office. While you may have a more lax person, some people can be strict about it.
1995JeepCherokee  
#639 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 2:02:20 PM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
If you fail the week 2 one then you get put in "power PT" for a couple days a week at like 6am or something. So pass the first one unless that sounds like fun.
thanks 1 user thanked 1995JeepCherokee for this useful post.
BrickAgent on 4/30/2021(UTC)
Heyguys222  
#640 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 2:18:56 PM(UTC)
Heyguys222

If you fail the week 2 one then you get put in "power PT" for a couple days a week at like 6am or something. So pass the first one unless that sounds like fun.

Shoot I’m so paranoid I’ll probably sign up for the power PT just to make sure I stay in shape for the second PFT. Would be crushed to work so hard and fail out for that.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed