Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

59 Pages«<678910>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
XFed77  
#141 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 11:39:44 AM(UTC)
XFed77

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Originally Posted by: brian76 Go to Quoted Post
I just edited my locations for the updated announcement. For those that are waiting for their ROSA results, check your spam folder. If the email is not there, I would think it’s fair to send a follow up email to check the status.

It appears that they're only notifying those who initially didn't pass and then passed after a review/adjustment...
scottyd27  
#142 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 12:13:58 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 224 post(s)
Damn it. Now my POD is listed. They’re going to make me OJI I know it.

Well hopefully it’s virtual. I’m not going to the office everyday.
teeeeej  
#143 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 1:52:37 PM(UTC)
teeeeej

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post

I will not be happy when they take away telework.
scottyd27  
#144 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 2:06:51 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Originally Posted by: teeeeej Go to Quoted Post

I will not be happy when they take away telework.

Telework isn’t going anywhere for ROs.
XFed77  
#145 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 7:50:28 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

***Update*** I just read the amended announcement thoroughly and found this under: "How to apply"

This announcement will establish a register of applicants. The register will be used to fill approximately 668 vacancies throughout the next 6 months. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled at the locations listed in this announcement as they become available. Eligible applicants who apply by 5/14/2021, 11:59 pm ET will be considered first. All other applicants will be considered base on remaining vacancies and funding. It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement, as a result, the announcement may be closed early should we determine the volume of applicants is sufficient to meet our hiring needs.

So: 1) There will be a register established and the vacancies will be filled throughout the next 6 months. (So they will be filling them
continuously and not wait until the closing date. That's Good News!)
2) There is a cut-off date of 05/14/2021 to be considered first. (So it's like the real closing date and after that supplemental hiring)
3) The announcement may be closed early should they have enough applicants.

It is not as bad as I thought; It seems they will continue hiring people as they go and that's what I needed to know. All of us who applied by 03/08/2021 will continue being considered first.
Spazilton  
#146 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 8:31:12 AM(UTC)
Spazilton

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post
***Update*** I just read the amended announcement thoroughly and found this under: "How to apply"

This announcement will establish a register of applicants. The register will be used to fill approximately 668 vacancies throughout the next 6 months. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled at the locations listed in this announcement as they become available. Eligible applicants who apply by 5/14/2021, 11:59 pm ET will be considered first. All other applicants will be considered base on remaining vacancies and funding. It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement, as a result, the announcement may be closed early should we determine the volume of applicants is sufficient to meet our hiring needs.

So: 1) There will be a register established and the vacancies will be filled throughout the next 6 months. (So they will be filling them
2) There is a cut-off date of 05/14/2021 to be considered first. (So it's like the real closing date and after that supplemental hiring)

It is not as bad as I thought; It seems they will continue hiring people as they go and that's what I needed to know. All of us who applied by 03/08/2021 will continue being considered first.

Thanks for the info Xfed!

So if we already have our application in from March and are good with our location selection we need to do nothing?
XFed77  
#147 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 9:29:52 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Originally Posted by: Spazilton Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for the info Xfed!

So if we already have our application in from March and are good with our location selection we need to do nothing?

That is exactly right. Only if you want to make a change on your previous application like for example: selecting or adding a different POD than you selected before because you saw they added a new one that is more convenient for you for some reason.

Included in the email they sent yesterday is this line: "You may return to your application and apply to the location(s), listed above if you desire."

So, it appears that the new PODs are the only change on the announcement. There are no additional steps/requirements indicated.

If you are good with your previous application and have no changes to make, there is nothing to do.

Candidate84  
#148 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 10:59:02 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I was told that ratings of each applicant might go out as early as next week. I'm a vet and they had a question about a document issue. I am an external candidate. Don't hold me to it.
thanks 2 users thanked Candidate84 for this useful post.
XFed77 on 4/28/2021(UTC), RK on 4/29/2021(UTC)
RodoHinote  
#149 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 6:44:38 AM(UTC)
RodoHinote

Man
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Spazilton Go to Quoted Post
I just got this:

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service

Human Capital Office
Talent Acquisition
Employment Operations

Announcement: 21BRK-SBX0323-1169-07T09
Position: REVENUE OFFICER
Series: 1169 Grade: 07

Dear XXXXXXXX:

Thank you for your interest in employment with the Internal Revenue Service. We received your application for employment; however, at this time we wish to inform you that the recruitment for announcement 21BRK-SBX0323-1169-07T09 has been re-opened with additional locations. Applications will be processed for the following locations: Anchorage, AK, US, Phoenix, AZ, US, Bakersfield, CA, US, Camarillo, CA, US, El Monte, CA, US, Fresno, CA, US, Glendale, CA, US, Laguna Niguel, CA, US, Oakland, CA, US, Sacramento, CA, US, Salinas, CA, US, San Bernardino, CA, US, San Francisco, CA, US, San Jose, CA, US, San Marcos, CA, US, San Mateo, CA, US, Santa Ana, CA, US, Santa Barbara, CA, US, Santa Clarita, CA, US, Santa Maria, CA, US, Santa Rosa, CA, US, Stockton, CA, US, Denver, CO, US, Fort Collins, CO, US, New Haven, CT, US, Norwalk, CT, US, Newark, DE, US, Washington, DC, US, Jacksonville, FL, US, Lakeland, FL, US, Maitland, FL, US, Melbourne, FL, US, Miami, FL, US, Panama City, FL, US, Pensacola, FL, US, Plantation, FL, US, Tampa, FL, US, Atlanta, GA, US, Atlanta, GA, US, Macon, GA, US, Savannah, GA, US, Smyrna, GA, US, Honolulu, HI, US, Boise, ID, US, Chicago, IL, US, Downers Grove, IL, US, Fairview Heights, IL, US, Matteson, IL, US, Peoria, IL, US, Schiller Park, IL, US, Evansville, IN, US, Fort Wayne, IN, US, Indianapolis, IN, US, Terre Haute, IN, US, Davenport, IA, US, Des Moines, IA, US, Sioux City, IA, US, Waterloo, IA, US, Overland Park, KS, US, Wichita, KS, US, Florence, KY, US, Lexington, KY, US, Lafayette, LA, US, Shreveport, LA, US, Augusta, ME, US, Bangor, ME, US, Baltimore, MD, US, Frederick, MD, US, Rockville, MD, US, Brockton, MA, US, Southborough, MA, US, Springfield, MA, US, Stoneham, MA, US, East Lansing, MI, US, Flint, MI, US, Grand Rapids, MI, US, Portage, MI, US, Bloomington, MN, US, Mankato, MN, US, Saint Cloud, MN, US, Saint Paul, MN, US, Gulfport, MS, US, Chesterfield, MO, US, Lees Summit, MO, US, Billings, MT, US, Missoula, MT, US, Omaha, NE, US, Reno, NV, US, Manchester, NH, US, Nashua, NH, US, Portsmouth, NH, US, Cherry Hill, NJ, US, Mays Landing, NJ, US, Springfield, NJ, US, Albuquerque, NM, US, Las Cruces, NM, US, Santa Fe, NM, US, Binghamton, NY, US, Brooklyn, NY, US, Buffalo, NY, US, Elmira, NY, US, Hauppauge, NY, US, New Windsor, NY, US, Bronx, NY, US, New York, NY, US, Rochester, NY, US, Syracuse, NY, US, Utica, NY, US, White Plains, NY, US, Asheville, NC, US, Charlotte, NC, US, Greensboro, NC, US, Greenville, NC, US, Raleigh, NC, US, Bismarck, ND, US, Cincinnati, OH, US, Columbus, OH, US, Dayton, OH, US, Independence, OH, US, Oklahoma City, OK, US, Tulsa, OK, US, Bend, OR, US, Eugene, OR, US, Medford, OR, US, Salem, OR, US, Altoona, PA, US, Bethlehem, PA, US, Erie, PA, US, Harrisburg, PA, US, Horsham, PA, US, King of Prussia, PA, US, Lancaster, PA, US, Media, PA, US, Philadelphia, PA, US, Pittsburgh, PA, US, Scranton, PA, US, Washington, PA, US, Warwick, RI, US, Greenville, SC, US, North Charleston, SC, US, Aberdeen, SD, US, Sioux Falls, SD, US, Knoxville, TN, US, Nashville, TN, US, Austin, TX, US, Farmers Branch, TX, US, Fort Worth, TX, US, Harlingen, TX, US, Houston, TX, US, Longview, TX, US, Lubbock, TX, US, San Antonio, TX, US, Wichita Falls, TX, US, Ogden, UT, US, Salt Lake City, UT, US, Brattleboro, VT, US, Burlington, VT, US, Rutland, VT, US, Fredericksburg, VA, US, Hampton, VA, US, Norfolk, VA, US, Richmond, VA, US, Roanoke, VA, US, Richland, WA, US, Seattle, WA, US, Spokane, WA, US, Tacoma, WA, US, Vancouver, WA, US, Bridgeport, WV, US, Charleston, WV, US, Eau Claire, WI, US, La Crosse, WI, US, Madison, WI, US, Milwaukee, WI, US, Rothschild, WI, US, Waukesha, WI, US, Casper, WY, US, Cheyenne, WY, US.

You may return to your application and apply to the location(s), listed above if you desire.

1. Sign in to your USAJOBS Account at https://www.usajobs.gov.
2. Select "Applications Status"
3. In the "Application Status" column, click on "more information"
4. You will be automatically taken to CareerConnector.
5. The Application Detail page will give you two options at the bottom of the screen. (You will only see this option if the announcement is still open.)
6. Click review and update your answers
(Click review and update the documents if needed)

7. You must click "Finish" at the bottom of the last page for the application process to be completed.

Contact our office if you have any questions. When responding to this correspondence, please include your name and the vacancy announcement number 21BRK-SBX0323-1169-07T09, so we can promptly respond to your inquiry.

Sincerely,

Nothing on if I passed the ROSA or not, my status has gone back to application received and the vacancy now closes in 90 days. Does this mean I wasn't even strong enough to warrant an interview or to move forward in the process?

I got the same message.
"Never judge someone's character based on the words of another. Focus on the one casting judgment." - Suzy Kassel
RodoHinote  
#150 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 6:50:52 AM(UTC)
RodoHinote

Man
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)

🙏 Thanks for the information. I was wondering about all of us that applied to the announcement back in March. For a second, I was wondering if we were being left out without notice.
"Never judge someone's character based on the words of another. Focus on the one casting judgment." - Suzy Kassel
brian76  
#151 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 11:36:11 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Has anybody else heard anything about the assessment results? Good luck to everybody!
Lexipooh  
#152 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 12:06:55 PM(UTC)
Lexipooh

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: brian76 Go to Quoted Post
Has anybody else heard anything about the assessment results? Good luck to everybody!

I haven't heard anything as of today. I took the RA Assessment back in late March. I want to apply for the RO jobs but they do not have any locations near Arkansas that I am aware of.....or within 150 of where I live. Hope to hear something soon. Good luck to you as well!
Duvalgirl  
#153 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 4:18:40 PM(UTC)
Duvalgirl

United States

My status changed today to “Application Reviewed”. Have anyone else status change to that? What does that mean?
XFed77  
#154 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 5:01:51 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Originally Posted by: Duvalgirl Go to Quoted Post
My status changed today to “Application Reviewed”. Have anyone else status change to that? What does that mean?

I just looked at mine right now and it also shows "Application Reviewed" after having changed to "Application Received" on Monday.

It seems they're on to the next step in the process after extending the Announcement.

I see it as something positive.
AllHailTheDead0  
#155 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 9:18:29 PM(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Just checked my status as well and looks like I have been found ineligible for lacking specialized experience. Been working as a GS5 Tax examiner since February of 2020. When I applied I selected that I have superior academic achievement since I graduated with a 3.8 GPA, also have 19 accounting units completed. Pretty upset since I have been really hoping to move into this position.

Edited by user Thursday, April 29, 2021 9:21:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

XFed77  
#156 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 9:55:35 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Originally Posted by: AllHailTheDead0 Go to Quoted Post
Just checked my status as well and looks like I have been found ineligible for lacking specialized experience. Been working as a GS5 Tax examiner since February of 2020. When I applied I selected that I have superior academic achievement since I graduated with a 3.8 GPA, also have 19 accounting units completed. Pretty upset since I have been really hoping to move into this position.

If you selected SAA, and submitted documentation, contact HCO, (Human Resources), immediately with an attached copy of your degree with the GPA and highlight the accounting classes. Ask them for a 2nd review. That GPA and a BA/BS degree should qualify you.

Don't leave it like that.

Wish you the best.

It appears they started reviewing qualifications for all who applied previously today. I bet thousands applied.

Best of luck to everyone!

thanks 1 user thanked XFed77 for this useful post.
RK on 4/29/2021(UTC)
scottyd27  
#157 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 2:04:27 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

If you’re a GS-5 with 52 weeks time in grade and applied as an internal it shouldn’t matter about specialized experience.
AllHailTheDead0  
#158 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 3:36:51 PM(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)

If you’re a GS-5 with 52 weeks time in grade and applied as an internal it shouldn’t matter about specialized experience.

I'm actually in a temp position, so unable to apply to any internal spots. I emailed the HR person listed last night and so far no response. Hopefully Monday, but honestly I'm not gonna hold my breath. Not really surprised by this.
XFed77  
#159 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 6:30:34 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

I'm actually in a temp position, so unable to apply to any internal spots. I emailed the HR person listed last night and so far no response. Hopefully Monday, but honestly I'm not gonna hold my breath. Not really surprised by this.

It can take a few days or more for a response.

I would say, give it a few days and follow up.

Like the OJI on the thread said, the IRS and the federal gov take their time. There are thousands applying for the RO alone plus the other mass hiring positions that opened around the same time...

scottyd27  
#160 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 12:48:57 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Don’t assume anything until you’re told you didn’t get it or until you’re told you did.

You don’t know who will be offered the job and not show up. You might be the next man/woman up.

Nothing happens fast at the Govt. My fellow vets will understand but you have to get use to ‘hurry up and wait’
Rss Feed  Atom Feed