Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User153298  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 3:28:18 PM(UTC)
User153298

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I understand this varies between directorate. I am curious how long after applying did you hear something? Was it by phone, mail, email etc.

Thanks and good luck to all in the process. I am considering applying in the next few weeks.
thanks 1 user thanked User153298 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/28/2021(UTC)
User153298  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 3:37:37 PM(UTC)
User153298

United States

In addition, did any of you guys hear back after the 45 days?
someoldguy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 4:07:47 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1026 time(s) in 868 post(s)
I applied several years ago to a few positions... I dont think I ever heard anything. That's one possible outcome :(
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
User153298  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 8:37:49 PM(UTC)
User153298

United States

Rough outcome. Sorry to hear that.
rebels8  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 11:31:50 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 193 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Originally Posted by: User153298 Go to Quoted Post
I understand this varies between directorate. I am curious how long after applying did you hear something? Was it by phone, mail, email etc.

Thanks and good luck to all in the process. I am considering applying in the next few weeks.

I applied on February 3 and I still haven't heard anything from the agency. And my 100 day mark is coming up on May 14. If I haven't heard anything by then, then I'll reapply sometime later.

#MMlivesmatter
Gong1133  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 12:46:17 PM(UTC)
Gong1133

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I heard back 2 weeks later via email to test. Took the test then never heard back
thanks 1 user thanked Gong1133 for this useful post.
User153298 on 4/30/2021(UTC)
someoldguy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 2:15:39 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1026 time(s) in 868 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gong1133 Go to Quoted Post
I heard back 2 weeks later via email to test. Took the test then never heard back
Sounds like you got one step further than I did. But take heart from the stories of others who found very slow progress at every step along the way.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
User153298 on 4/30/2021(UTC)
ArCyber  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 5:12:05 PM(UTC)
ArCyber

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I applied twice. The first time I heard back within 4 days. Made it to Poly and received suitability denial. Told to re-apply after a year.
Applied again at the 1-year mark. Heard back within 7 days. Going through process again. Took the same initial tests and currently waiting to hear back if they are interested in inviting me back out for an interview. Fingers crossed, but I haven't heard of anyone getting a suitability denial and getting picked up again to go through the whole process.

Anecdotally, based on my own experience and other applicants I met and spoke with there if you apply and they are interested you are notified quite quickly. Unless your resume changes significantly, you probably don't have what they are looking for.
thanks 3 users thanked ArCyber for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/30/2021(UTC), velcroTech on 4/30/2021(UTC), User153298 on 4/30/2021(UTC)
AirEagle  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 5:15:42 PM(UTC)
AirEagle

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)

I was interviewed and shortly after the interview I was asked to submit references. Submitted my references the same day and 9 weeks later, exactly, I received my non-selection email. No contact between submitting references and the non-selection email.

I interviewed for another position and it has been 9 days so far.

Edited by user Thursday, April 29, 2021 5:17:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rebels8  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 7:23:19 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 193 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ArCyber Go to Quoted Post
I applied twice. The first time I heard back within 4 days. Made it to Poly and received suitability denial. Told to re-apply after a year.
Applied again at the 1-year mark. Heard back within 7 days. Going through process again. Took the same initial tests and currently waiting to hear back if they are interested in inviting me back out for an interview. Fingers crossed, but I haven't heard of anyone getting a suitability denial and getting picked up again to go through the whole process.

Anecdotally, based on my own experience and other applicants I met and spoke with there if you apply and they are interested you are notified quite quickly. Unless your resume changes significantly, you probably don't have what they are looking for.

Does "quite quickly" mean within a few weeks of applying and long before 45 days, much less 100 days?
#MMlivesmatter
velcroTech  
#11 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 8:20:53 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 42 post(s)

This seems to be very true. You should hear back within 4 weeks max if you are going to move forward.
Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post

Does "quite quickly" mean within a few weeks of applying and long before 45 days, much less 100 days?

Its going to be within a reasonable amount of time, like less than 30 days. You should get to the point where you have a POC and can call and get your status. After you get the offer, as long as you make it through the clearance/suitability process you should have a job. Some positions require extra tests once you have completed the initial tests so that can be a delay too. After you make it alllll the way through, then offices get to 'bid' on you and you should finally get to meet some people that you will be working around.

thanks 1 user thanked velcroTech for this useful post.
ArCyber on 4/30/2021(UTC)
User153298  
#12 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 10:48:30 AM(UTC)
User153298

United States

I applied on February 3 and I still haven't heard anything from the agency. And my 100 day mark is coming up on May 14. If I haven't heard anything by then, then I'll reapply sometime later.

Good luck. I hope you hear something back.
rebels8 on 4/30/2021(UTC)
User153298  
#13 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 10:50:36 AM(UTC)
User153298

United States

Originally Posted by: velcroTech Go to Quoted Post

This seems to be very true. You should hear back within 4 weeks max if you are going to move forward.

Its going to be within a reasonable amount of time, like less than 30 days. You should get to the point where you have a POC and can call and get your status. After you get the offer, as long as you make it through the clearance/suitability process you should have a job. Some positions require extra tests once you have completed the initial tests so that can be a delay too. After you make it alllll the way through, then offices get to 'bid' on you and you should finally get to meet some people that you will be working around.

While right about 30-45 days seems to be the standard. I imagine there is some variety depending on Directoriate. I imagine it is a little longer if you apply to the DO vs any other.
rebels8 on 4/30/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed