Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

81 Pages«<3334353637>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RaiderFan  
#681 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 10:23:40 AM(UTC)
RaiderFan

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So I had my poly recently, and the date changed in the my applicant portal yesterday. Any indication as to if this is good news or bad news?
73GoColts  
#682 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 10:28:04 AM(UTC)
73GoColts

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 73GoColts Go to Quoted Post
Not terribly long. I had my PSI at the beginning of January. Medical and Poly in February, They started calling people about 6 weeks ago. For what it's worth, I am young, have lived in basically one place most of my life, no international travel in the past 10 years, one job since I graduated college 4 years ago, so it should be fairly straightforward I would think. Additionally, All three investigators that contacted me noted that they were given a "tight-turnaround". Not sure if that means anything or if it's just something they say to make sure I quickly reach out to everyone they plan to call. Last I heard from anyone on the background front was about 3 weeks ago

Thanks! I'm still waiting on medical to clear, but I too haven't had any foreign travel in over 10 years and have lived where I do for 10 years now and have had 2 jobs and some unemployment in that 10 years. I know last week they did neighbor interviews, checked one reference, and verified the unemployment. I guess I'm waiting for them to check my schooling, more references and the employment. No idea when that will happen, but the one investigator did already send his stuff up... and boy did he get antsy when a reference didn't call him right back. I'm hoping that means they were working quickly on me!

Sounds like you're right behind me in the process, so I gotta imagine it won't be long for you. The feel I get from seeing how things are moving on this forum, and from discussions I've had with my SA and the investigators, is that they must be trying to process these things quickly, probably to try to get some of us in the classes this summer. At least that's what I hope is the case. For all I know the green checkmark on the portal could just be a glitch with the new system haha. I'll let you know if I hear anything soon/I'll probably reach out to my AC next week at some point too.
tamvid11  
#683 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 10:40:16 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RaiderFan Go to Quoted Post
So I had my poly recently, and the date changed in the my applicant portal yesterday. Any indication as to if this is good news or bad news?

That likely means your AC knows you passed. Has the agent portal changed from Pending-Poly to Pending-PFT? That means you are cleared the poly review and heading into medical/BI.
RaiderFan  
#684 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 10:44:56 AM(UTC)
RaiderFan

United States

That likely means your AC knows you passed. Has the agent portal changed from Pending-Poly to Pending-PFT? That means you are cleared the poly review and heading into medical/BI.

The agent portal still shows that I’m in phase II lol; it hasn’t been updated in a while.
I’m keeping an eye out for a credit pull. I’ve heard several mention that it’s confirmation the BI has started.

tamvid11  
#685 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 10:54:48 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Not terribly long. I had my PSI at the beginning of January. Medical and Poly in February, They started calling people about 6 weeks ago. For what it's worth, I am young, have lived in basically one place most of my life, no international travel in the past 10 years, one job since I graduated college 4 years ago, so it should be fairly straightforward I would think. Additionally, All three investigators that contacted me noted that they were given a "tight-turnaround". Not sure if that means anything or if it's just something they say to make sure I quickly reach out to everyone they plan to call. Last I heard from anyone on the background front was about 3 weeks ago

Thanks! I'm still waiting on medical to clear, but I too haven't had any foreign travel in over 10 years and have lived where I do for 10 years now and have had 2 jobs and some unemployment in that 10 years. I know last week they did neighbor interviews, checked one reference, and verified the unemployment. I guess I'm waiting for them to check my schooling, more references and the employment. No idea when that will happen, but the one investigator did already send his stuff up... and boy did he get antsy when a reference didn't call him right back. I'm hoping that means they were working quickly on me!

Sounds like you're right behind me in the process, so I gotta imagine it won't be long for you. The feel I get from seeing how things are moving on this forum, and from discussions I've had with my SA and the investigators, is that they must be trying to process these things quickly, probably to try to get some of us in the classes this summer. At least that's what I hope is the case. For all I know the green checkmark on the portal could just be a glitch with the new system haha. I'll let you know if I hear anything soon/I'll probably reach out to my AC next week at some point too.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy process. It has been so far, but medical/psych always has the possibility of slowing it down. I provided absolutely everything I could up front, so hopefully they will just clear me and move on... Did my PSI end of Feb, Poly beginning of March, medical appointments were mid-April with BI interviews starting the same week as my second medical appointment. Just hope the rest of the BI gets rolling soon and they can wrap this all up. I'm just anxious that they'll start slowing down... I wanna take my Pre-Q PFT and be DONE!
tamvid11  
#686 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 10:57:13 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

The agent portal still shows that I’m in phase II lol; it hasn’t been updated in a while.
I’m keeping an eye out for a credit pull. I’ve heard several mention that it’s confirmation the BI has started.

Mine has yet to be pulled... I check it weekly.
MavMan  
#687 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 10:58:31 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)
@Jeep your inbox is full!!
Annino  
#688 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 11:08:52 AM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Those of you who had to provide documentation for soft contact lenses: Did you get this evaluation done by your doctor prior to attending your medical appointment? Or did you wait for follow up from FBI HQ?
tamvid11  
#689 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 11:35:17 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: AGJ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
Those of you who had to provide documentation for soft contact lenses: Did you get this evaluation done by your doctor prior to attending your medical appointment? Or did you wait for follow up from FBI HQ?

My medical was in Feb and my last eye appointment was in October 2020. When medical sent paperwork for soft contact use and verification of my vision, I went to my eye Dr. and had them fill out the forms based on the information from my October exam. Didn't cost me a dime and took about 15 minutes for them to fill out.

If they know these things are going to be required for some, why don't the just send stuff with the medical forms for people to try and take care of before hand? That seems like it would save some time... USSS has you get an eye exam before they will even start your process...
Annino  
#690 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 11:36:51 AM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: AGJ Go to Quoted Post

My medical was in Feb and my last eye appointment was in October 2020. When medical sent paperwork for soft contact use and verification of my vision, I went to my eye Dr. and had them fill out the forms based on the information from my October exam. Didn't cost me a dime and took about 15 minutes for them to fill out.

If they know these things are going to be required for some, why don't the just send stuff with the medical forms for people to try and take care of before hand? That seems like it would save some time... USSS has you get an eye exam before they will even start your process...

Agreed
anexlawyer  
#691 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 11:47:23 AM(UTC)
anexlawyer

Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post

Annino- I went to my medical and did the whole medical thing. Afterward they sent some follow-up paperwork for my lenses that I had an optometrist complete at the local VisionWorks/LensCrafters/etc. She basically had to do a follow-up exam on me and it took about an hour to complete.

Well now I'm worried that this is going to turn into a problem for me because I didn't have to do any of this. They never even asked me about contacts after the vision test (which I did with and without them).
Annino  
#692 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 11:51:26 AM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: anexlawyer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post

Annino- I went to my medical and did the whole medical thing. Afterward they sent some follow-up paperwork for my lenses that I had an optometrist complete at the local VisionWorks/LensCrafters/etc. She basically had to do a follow-up exam on me and it took about an hour to complete.

Well now I'm worried that this is going to turn into a problem for me because I didn't have to do any of this. They never even asked me about contacts after the vision test (which I did with and without them).

As long as you hit 20/100 without the contacts during your exam, you're good. You'll get a follow up from HQ if you scored worse than 20/100.
thanks 1 user thanked Annino for this useful post.
anexlawyer on 4/30/2021(UTC)
HopefullyChozen2Lead  
#693 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 11:58:03 AM(UTC)
HopefullyChozen2Lead

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

This has happened to me. I took it this week and then saw a date change, As they say no news is good news so I am hoping that means the process has continued. Did you reach out to your AC to confim?
Application: 09/2020 & 02/2021
Interviews: 12/2020
CJO: 12/2020
PSI: 03/2021
FP/DT: 03/2021
Poly: 04/2021
BI Start: 05/2021
RaiderFan  
#694 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 12:07:05 PM(UTC)
RaiderFan

United States

Originally Posted by: HopefullyChozen2Lead Go to Quoted Post

This has happened to me. I took it this week and then saw a date change, As they say no news is good news so I am hoping that means the process has continued. Did you reach out to your AC to confim?

Check your inbox
userzero  
#695 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 12:40:42 PM(UTC)
userzero

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
June Q battle buddies,

I received a very long document about reporting procedures including a very detailed list of things to bring/purchase at Q, directions, lodging, etc. Also, a few moments ago I received COVID-specific information as well as a notification that the final job offer should go out this coming Monday through the portal. I won't get in to specifics here but, if you are anxiously awaiting to hear *something*, it's on the horizon!

For those still waiting for a Q date, try not to go crazy and know that it will happen eventually!
7/19 - app
8/19 - Ph 1
1/20 - M&G
2/20 - Ph 2 W
9/20 - Ph 2 I
10/20 - PFT/CAO
12/20 - PSI/Poly
1/21 - Med
6/21 - BFTC
thanks 2 users thanked userzero for this useful post.
Amalgamation on 5/1/2021(UTC), dbroeck on 5/3/2021(UTC)
ItsMeJay  
#696 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 10:12:15 AM(UTC)
ItsMeJay

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
First off, great info on here, appreciate everyone that has been chipping in.

Background started this week for me (a lot of international family and some international travel) so I know it might take a while. I have medical in 2 weeks. Hoping for August or September class.
Ornament  
#697 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 12:13:01 PM(UTC)
Ornament

United States

Originally Posted by: ItsMeJay Go to Quoted Post
First off, great info on here, appreciate everyone that has been chipping in.

Background started this week for me (a lot of international family and some international travel) so I know it might take a while. I have medical in 2 weeks. Hoping for August or September class.

started this week?
lots of international travel?
sorry, but aug/sept is out of the question. set your sights on early 2022.
they start booking the classes two months out.
COmtbr  
#698 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 7:00:28 PM(UTC)
COmtbr

Hey guys. This might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway... Id rather look stupid than screw up the application of my life.

Im a disabled vet about to apply. I see that I need an SF15. Im honestly not sure what this is. From what I can find, its a form that I fill out that is basically an application for 10pt veteran preference? Is that true, or is there an SF15 I need to get from the VA? Do I just submit the SF15 with my VA letter confirming my disability rating?

Thanks guys.
App: 6/21
P1: 6/21
M&G: 7/21
PII W: 8/21
PII I: 9/21
CAO: 9/21
Poly: Pending

COmtbr  
#699 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 7:16:28 PM(UTC)
COmtbr

Originally Posted by: Mike81b Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: COmtbr Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys. This might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway... Id rather look stupid than screw up the application of my life.

Im a disabled vet about to apply. I see that I need an SF15. Im honestly not sure what this is. From what I can find, its a form that I fill out that is basically an application for 10pt veteran preference? Is that true, or is there an SF15 I need to get from the VA? Do I just submit the SF15 with my VA letter confirming my disability rating?

Thanks guys.

You and all Vets need to submit VA Civil Service Preference Letter dated within 1 year.

https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf

Also, from my AC:
You will need to provide your VA Ratings Decision letter. Sometimes applicants may not have that in time and I have seen the Medical Unit accept the documents that the applicant have sent to the VA for the decision to take place. Basically the FBI Medical Unit needs to know what the applicant is requesting in the form of the disability.

Thank you. I have a decision letter, it says on the application portal that the letter needs to be dated within one year. Mine is dated when I got out in 2016. So I need to get an updated letter? Or does the SF15 just need to be filled out within the year?

Also, when do I find out my applicant coordinator? Is that something that gets assigned to me once my app is submitted and I'm in process? And same question regarding the special agent portal you all keep talking about?

Thanks again for the help.

App: 6/21
P1: 6/21
M&G: 7/21
PII W: 8/21
PII I: 9/21
CAO: 9/21
Poly: Pending

BrickAgent  
#700 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 10:45:06 AM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Retaking my Pre-Q PFT again next Wednesday - wish me luck boys and girls. Going to run the full PFT once it cools down later today and see where things stand. Not going to let that 1.5 miler get me this time!
thanks 1 user thanked BrickAgent for this useful post.
MavMan on 5/3/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed