Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

22 Pages«<7891011>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scottyd27  
#161 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 12:48:57 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AllHailTheDead0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post
Just checked my status as well and looks like I have been found ineligible for lacking specialized experience. Been working as a GS5 Tax examiner since February of 2020. When I applied I selected that I have superior academic achievement since I graduated with a 3.8 GPA, also have 19 accounting units completed. Pretty upset since I have been really hoping to move into this position.

If you’re a GS-5 with 52 weeks time in grade and applied as an internal it shouldn’t matter about specialized experience.

I'm actually in a temp position, so unable to apply to any internal spots. I emailed the HR person listed last night and so far no response. Hopefully Monday, but honestly I'm not gonna hold my breath. Not really surprised by this.

Don’t assume anything until you’re told you didn’t get it or until you’re told you did.

You don’t know who will be offered the job and not show up. You might be the next man/woman up.

Nothing happens fast at the Govt. My fellow vets will understand but you have to get use to ‘hurry up and wait’
Red  
#162 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 11:15:16 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 32 post(s)
interesting article about the job...https://www.irsmedic.com/blog/2012/09/irs-revenue-officer.html
scottyd27  
#163 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 11:33:59 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Originally Posted by: Red Go to Quoted Post
interesting article about the job...https://www.irsmedic.com/blog/2012/09/irs-revenue-officer.html

That firm is full of morons. I’ve dealt with them.
brian76  
#164 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 1:35:29 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
While we’re waiting, which locations did everybody apply to? I applied to San Jose and Salinas, CA.
Candidate84  
#165 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 8:06:37 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: brian76 Go to Quoted Post
While we’re waiting, which locations did everybody apply to? I applied to San Jose and Salinas, CA.

Buffalo, North Charleston, Nashville
brian76  
#166 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 9:15:05 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Candidate84 Go to Quoted Post

Buffalo, North Charleston, Nashville

Good luck to you!

thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Candidate84 on 5/3/2021(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0  
#167 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 5:55:26 PM(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just checked my status as well and looks like I have been found ineligible for lacking specialized experience. Been working as a GS5 Tax examiner since February of 2020. When I applied I selected that I have superior academic achievement since I graduated with a 3.8 GPA, also have 19 accounting units completed. Pretty upset since I have been really hoping to move into this position.

If you’re a GS-5 with 52 weeks time in grade and applied as an internal it shouldn’t matter about specialized experience.

I'm actually in a temp position, so unable to apply to any internal spots. I emailed the HR person listed last night and so far no response. Hopefully Monday, but honestly I'm not gonna hold my breath. Not really surprised by this.

Don’t assume anything until you’re told you didn’t get it or until you’re told you did.

You don’t know who will be offered the job and not show up. You might be the next man/woman up.

Nothing happens fast at the Govt. My fellow vets will understand but you have to get use to ‘hurry up and wait’

Would it be too soon to send a follow-up email or maybe call tomorrow? I know these things take time but I also know that HR likes to just ignore people. Don't want my issue to be overlooked and forgotten about. Usually when I have emailed HR in the past they have either gotten back to me right away or the next day.

teeeeej  
#168 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 6:36:08 PM(UTC)
teeeeej

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 47 post(s)

Would it be too soon to send a follow-up email or maybe call tomorrow? I know these things take time but I also know that HR likes to just ignore people. Don't want my issue to be overlooked and forgotten about. Usually when I have emailed HR in the past they have either gotten back to me right away or the next day.

I would suggest not bugging them. They'll contact you if they need to.
AllHailTheDead0  
#169 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 7:20:51 PM(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: teeeeej Go to Quoted Post

I would suggest not bugging them. They'll contact you if they need to.

Thats what I'm worried about. I was found ineligible due to lack of specialized experience when I applied using superior academic achievement. Graduated with a 3.8 GPA and also been a tax examiner since Feb of 2020. No idea why I was found ineligible and I believe it is in error.

scottyd27  
#170 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 10:43:55 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Don’t know if anyone saw but there is a pathways announcement for ROs on usajobs
thanks 1 user thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
Lexipooh on 5/4/2021(UTC)
brian76  
#171 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 11:46:49 AM(UTC)

Does anybody know when the anticipated start date is for the amended RO announcement?
scottyd27  
#172 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 12:04:40 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Does anybody know when the anticipated start date is for the amended RO announcement?

Not really. Probably before 09/30/2021
brian76 on 5/4/2021(UTC)
Candidate84  
#173 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 4:17:22 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

Why do you say 9/30?
federalgovtjobseeker  
#174 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 4:48:38 AM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 93 post(s)

In a meeting last week after the internal interviews for the original announcement took place, I was told it would be sometime in August so that would be either August 2nd, August 16th, or August 30th. Those are the first Monday’s of the pay periods. Don’t hold me to those dates, but from what I have been told, those are the current plans. Things can change obviously!
thanks 3 users thanked federalgovtjobseeker for this useful post.
Candidate84 on 5/5/2021(UTC), brian76 on 5/5/2021(UTC), XFed77 on 5/5/2021(UTC)
XFed77  
#175 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 6:42:49 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Candidate84 Go to Quoted Post

Why do you say 9/30?

9/30 is the end of the federal fiscal year and I remember that when I was an RO before, I started in October, and then, on 2 other years afterwards, new hires started in September. So, based on those experiences, it seemed to me that they start new hire ROs around the end or beginning of fiscal years.

thanks 1 user thanked XFed77 for this useful post.
Candidate84 on 5/5/2021(UTC)
Candidate84  
#176 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 7:22:42 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

This article might shed some light on the future growth of this position and ones like it.

https://www.govexec.com/...rs-staffing-cuts/173680/
thanks 1 user thanked Candidate84 for this useful post.
brian76 on 5/5/2021(UTC)
scottyd27  
#177 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 1:23:08 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

I started on an aug 23rd date as an external.

It was a tuesday.

And under normal
Circumstances internals usually start a week before externals.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 5, 2021 1:24:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Candidate84 on 5/6/2021(UTC)
TheCollector1205  
#178 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 7:09:42 AM(UTC)
TheCollector1205

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I received an email last week that they are looking for instructors for Unit 1 (the first phase of RO training). They plan to have a class that runs in July-August and another in September-October. If I remember correctly it was only a couple weeks between my start date and when I had to go to Unit 1 training so I’d predict they’ll do one wave of hiring with a start date in late June or early July and another in late August or early September. Hopefully this gives people some indication on when they might start. Nothing with the IRS is ever set in stone though so this timeframe could change especially since the trainings are all virtual.
thanks 2 users thanked TheCollector1205 for this useful post.
brian76 on 5/7/2021(UTC), XFed77 on 5/7/2021(UTC)
brian76  
#179 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 7:25:59 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: TheCollector1205 Go to Quoted Post
I received an email last week that they are looking for instructors for Unit 1 (the first phase of RO training). They plan to have a class that runs in July-August and another in September-October. If I remember correctly it was only a couple weeks between my start date and when I had to go to Unit 1 training so I’d predict they’ll do one wave of hiring with a start date in late June or early July and another in late August or early September. Hopefully this gives people some indication on when they might start. Nothing with the IRS is ever set in stone though so this timeframe could change especially since the trainings are all virtual.

Thanks for the information! Hopefully the assessment scores are coming soon. Lol
XFed77  
#180 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 8:11:55 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TheCollector1205 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for that information.

Is it for virtual training?

Thanks

Rss Feed  Atom Feed