Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

88 Pages«<3536373839>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lunchmoney  
#721 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 12:15:58 PM(UTC)
Lunchmoney

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hey Ladies and Gents,

Just starting this journey by passing my Phase I Test today. I am no stranger to the Good 'Ol Fashioned Government motto of "Hurry Up and Wait", so I know i am in for the long haul.

I did have a question, as I have heard conflicting information. Currently, I have a TS Clearance, as I am employed with a different DOJ agency. Will FBI transfer this over, or do they complete a whole new background on their own?

any info is appreciated!
GovGuy25  
#722 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 12:20:55 PM(UTC)
GovGuy25

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
It's a whole new background, much to some peoples chagrin.
Lunchmoney  
#723 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 12:56:05 PM(UTC)
Lunchmoney

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GovGuy25 Go to Quoted Post

That's what I figured... Oh well, thought I might cut off a few months of the process.

Thanks!
jmd4j  
#724 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 1:40:35 PM(UTC)
jmd4j

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Lunchmoney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GovGuy25 Go to Quoted Post

That's what I figured... Oh well, thought I might cut off a few months of the process.

Thanks!

If you’re lucky though, which I was...your SF-86 pretty much auto-populates if you’ve had a reinvestigation/re-up fairly recently.
S. Florida Chick  
#725 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 3:23:22 AM(UTC)
S. Florida Chick

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MKUser2021 Go to Quoted Post
Same here. When I log into the SA Portal it is saying my current stage is Meet & Greet and wants me to schedule it. In reality, I completed my M&G over a month ago and scheduled and completed my written test a week ago. So far, the SA Portal has not updated to reflect that progress. So far I haven't been able to schedule anything through the Portal at all, but have done them through email prompts personally sent to me.

It's interesting to hear virtually everyone describe their experience with the My Special Agent Portal in a similar way. I am still getting reminders to schedule my M&G even though I am currently waiting to schedule the P2 written. In fact, the only thing that has really functioned so far in the portal was scheduling my P1 exam. Has anyone had a similar experience? I think the fact that for my M&G everything was scheduled personally rather than through the portal probably didn't help, but I wasn't sure if that was how all processing centers did things or if that was unique to my own experience.

All good to know. So does that mean that now that you've taken the P2 written, you are just waiting for someone to reach out to schedule the P2 interview (however long that may take...)? If so, I wonder what kind of lead time they'll give you for the interview...

Well I took the written part on April 12 and my AC JUST emailed me yesterday stating that the dates were in the portal. It has a variety of dates to chose from so you can pick which one is best for you. Mine isn't until July, there were earlier dates but I pushed it out for personal reasons.

thanks 2 users thanked S. Florida Chick for this useful post.
1811_Z on 5/4/2021(UTC), MK7QF on 5/4/2021(UTC)
S. Florida Chick  
#726 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 3:28:29 AM(UTC)
S. Florida Chick

United States

That is what I am wondering at this point as well. I've seen the different timelines across this thread and am not sure how long to even expect before getting the email for interviews, let alone to know how long post email the interview would be.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Apply: 01/05/21
Ph I: 02/10/21
M&G (group): 03/19/21
M&G (individual): 03/24/2021
Ranking: 03/29/2021
Ph II (W): 04/24/21
Ph II (I): TBD

Same here. When I log into the SA Portal it is saying my current stage is Meet & Greet and wants me to schedule it. In reality, I completed my M&G over a month ago and scheduled and completed my written test a week ago. So far, the SA Portal has not updated to reflect that progress. So far I haven't been able to schedule anything through the Portal at all, but have done them through email prompts personally sent to me.

It's interesting to hear virtually everyone describe their experience with the My Special Agent Portal in a similar way. I am still getting reminders to schedule my M&G even though I am currently waiting to schedule the P2 written. In fact, the only thing that has really functioned so far in the portal was scheduling my P1 exam. Has anyone had a similar experience? I think the fact that for my M&G everything was scheduled personally rather than through the portal probably didn't help, but I wasn't sure if that was how all processing centers did things or if that was unique to my own experience.

All good to know. So does that mean that now that you've taken the P2 written, you are just waiting for someone to reach out to schedule the P2 interview (however long that may take...)? If so, I wonder what kind of lead time they'll give you for the interview...

Where do you find your "ranking" status? What should it say?
tamvid11  
#727 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 4:40:07 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I don't know that everyone gets a ranking email anymore. You've been rated competitive if you are invited to Phase 2. I didn't get one this time around... It seemed the determination was made by my local field office rather than HQ. In the past HQ sends an email stating you are either competitive or non-competitive after the meet & greet and then you would be referred to phase 2 or locked out from applying for a year.
thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
S. Florida Chick on 5/5/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#728 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 5:28:44 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike81b Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post
Gotta love that medical requested a personal statement from me but they had the date wrong... pretty sure nothing would have been required if they would have seen the procedure took place in 2012 not 2017. But whatever, submitted my personal statement and hopefully that's it... let's see if psych will require anything.. BLAH

Looking back on your experience with medical, do you wish you'd done anything differently to expedite it a bit? E.g. gotten certain shots ahead of time, brought certain documentation you didn't expect to need, etc.?

I don't think there was anything else I could have possibly taken or done ahead of time. Maybe a note from my doctor stating I have no issues with my shoulder... That is what they kicked back on, but it was outside the 5 year mark they ask for? They wrote me saying that it was done in 2017 when my submissions clearly state it was 2012. Other than that I took everything possible - recent eye exam (I don't wear contacts or glasses), letters from my docs regarding counseling, letter regarding BP (white coat syndrome w/o hypertension), letter regarding medical condition that requires daily meds. My current PCP updated all my vaccinations several months ago and combined all my records into hers, but I still took all the original vaccination records so that they could clearly see who actually did them and when. She did a titer for chickenpox too. I did a blood test for TB and submitted that along with everything else due to having taken the COVID vaccine to recently.

You aren't going to expedite anything really. It will take 2 weeks for them to review and do a kickback for personal statements or a doc follow-up. You have 30 days to submit, but usually can complete in a couple hours or days. After that you'll be cleared medical, and either referred or not referred to psych. I'm still waiting to see if they kick me over there given what I've already given them...

WRT titer test which I took on your
Advice and now have the results.. now I need to submit the results along with Covid shots and vaccines shots to FBI medical via email? Or did you physically give to your AC to give to medical to be scanned and email.
Also, it sounds like you never needed to go back to the medical clinic and that all requests for more information were sent via email? Am I correct?

Have you had your FBI medical appointment yet?
StormyWeather1  
#729 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 12:13:02 PM(UTC)
StormyWeather1

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Passed my pre-Q PFT today and received confirmation that I'll be attending June's class!

Thank you to everybody for constantly providing updates and inspiration on this forum.
Application: 5/20
Phase 1: 6/20
M&G: 8/20
PFT: 9/20
Phase 2: 10/20
Poly: 12/20
Medical: 1/21
Favorably Adj.: 3/21
BFTC: 8/21
thanks 14 users thanked StormyWeather1 for this useful post.
MK7QF on 5/4/2021(UTC), FutureGmen on 5/4/2021(UTC), BrickAgent on 5/4/2021(UTC), ItsMeJay on 5/4/2021(UTC), 1811_Z on 5/4/2021(UTC), AGJ on 5/4/2021(UTC), Maple_Latte on 5/4/2021(UTC), Heyguys222 on 5/4/2021(UTC), 1995JeepCherokee on 5/4/2021(UTC), S. Florida Chick on 5/5/2021(UTC), Mr. Liquid on 5/5/2021(UTC), tamvid11 on 5/5/2021(UTC), userzero on 5/5/2021(UTC), Reddhawk11 on 5/11/2021(UTC)
BrickAgent  
#730 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 12:17:49 PM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: StormyWeather1 Go to Quoted Post
Passed my pre-Q PFT today and received confirmation that I'll be attending June's class!

Thank you to everybody for constantly providing updates and inspiration on this forum.

Hurrah! Congrats, Stormy! All that hard work, sweat, and perseverance paid off. Good luck and the fun is just getting started.
thanks 1 user thanked BrickAgent for this useful post.
StormyWeather1 on 5/4/2021(UTC)
StormyWeather1  
#731 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 12:22:32 PM(UTC)
StormyWeather1

United States

Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post

Hurrah! Congrats, Stormy! All that hard work, sweat, and perseverance paid off. Good luck and the fun is just getting started.

Thanks Brick! I appreciate it. I believe yours is tomorrow? If so, good luck! We're all rooting for you 🙌
Annino  
#732 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 12:25:27 PM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 80 post(s)

Congratulations!
thanks 1 user thanked Annino for this useful post.
MavMan  
#733 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 12:48:07 PM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)

Congrats Stormy!!!!!

thanks 1 user thanked MavMan for this useful post.
S. Florida Chick  
#734 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 3:43:21 AM(UTC)
S. Florida Chick

United States

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! How was the test? Thinking about it gives me butterflies.
Mr. Liquid  
#735 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 3:43:53 AM(UTC)
Mr. Liquid

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Retaking my Pre-Q PFT again next Wednesday - wish me luck boys and girls. Going to run the full PFT once it cools down later today and see where things stand. Not going to let that 1.5 miler get me this time!

Good luck today Brick! Leave it all on the track!
S. Florida Chick  
#736 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 3:47:48 AM(UTC)
S. Florida Chick

United States

I don't know that everyone gets a ranking email anymore. You've been rated competitive if you are invited to Phase 2. I didn't get one this time around... It seemed the determination was made by my local field office rather than HQ. In the past HQ sends an email stating you are either competitive or non-competitive after the meet & greet and then you would be referred to phase 2 or locked out from applying for a year.

So basically if you have reached Phase 2 you are competitive.
ItsMeJay  
#737 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 6:51:47 AM(UTC)
ItsMeJay

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: S. Florida Chick Go to Quoted Post

So basically if you have reached Phase 2 you are competitive.

Correct
Annino  
#738 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 7:30:02 AM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 80 post(s)
Cleared for duty and passed my Pre-Q PFT this morning! I was told to keep a look out for a final offer and August class date — so relieved and thanks to all of you folks for the encouragement. Hope to see you there!

P.S. Stormy Weather, your mailbox is full!

Nice! Congratulations!
thanks 1 user thanked Annino for this useful post.
BrickAgent on 5/5/2021(UTC)
MavMan  
#739 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 7:32:58 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Cleared for duty and passed my Pre-Q PFT this morning! I was told to keep a look out for a final offer and August class date — so relieved and thanks to all of you folks for the encouragement. Hope to see you there!

Thats awesome!! congrats!!

thanks 1 user thanked MavMan for this useful post.
BrickAgent on 5/5/2021(UTC)
StormyWeather1  
#740 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 7:50:10 AM(UTC)
StormyWeather1

United States

Congratulations! I wonder if we will be getting our final offer letters around the same time even if we're in different classes. It won't feel real to me until I receive it haha

Just cleared my inbox, thanks for letting me know.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed