Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

82 Pages«<3637383940>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sunshinegirl  
#741 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 8:00:20 AM(UTC)
sunshinegirl

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post
Cleared for duty and passed my Pre-Q PFT this morning! I was told to keep a look out for a final offer and August class date — so relieved and thanks to all of you folks for the encouragement. Hope to see you there!

P.S. Stormy Weather, your mailbox is full!

Brick, that is what I was told, too! Though I am IA, not SA. I was told I could expect to get official notice of a class date around the end of June.
thanks 1 user thanked sunshinegirl for this useful post.
BrickAgent on 5/5/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#742 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 8:02:24 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 49 post(s)
How long after you submit a personal statement for medical do you find out that you cleared medical?
Mr. Liquid  
#743 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 8:04:32 AM(UTC)
Mr. Liquid

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Cleared for duty and passed my Pre-Q PFT this morning! I was told to keep a look out for a final offer and August class date — so relieved and thanks to all of you folks for the encouragement. Hope to see you there!

P.S. Stormy Weather, your mailbox is full!

Congrats!!
thanks 1 user thanked Mr. Liquid for this useful post.
MavMan  
#744 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 8:06:31 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post
How long after you submit a personal statement for medical do you find out that you cleared medical?

I was cleared 2 weeks after my last medical follow-up

tamvid11  
#745 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 8:09:48 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: MavMan Go to Quoted Post

It took an additional 2 weeks after the submission asking for personal statements and/or additional medical records? I had my last fbi medical appointment a couple weeks ago, Monday they asked for a personal statement. I'm just wondering does that take another 2 weeks to review?
MavMan  
#746 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 8:14:06 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)

It took an additional 2 weeks after the submission asking for personal statements and/or additional medical records? I had my last fbi medical appointment a couple weeks ago, Monday they asked for a personal statement. I'm just wondering does that take another 2 weeks to review?

It took mine an additional 2 weeks to be told I was passed medical and then they scheduled my Pre-Q pft.

thanks 1 user thanked MavMan for this useful post.
tamvid11 on 5/5/2021(UTC)
FutureGmen  
#747 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 8:18:05 AM(UTC)
FutureGmen

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
What a great feeling for those who awaiting their final offer. Hand Salute for your shared wisdom as the rest of us await our fates. Thanks 🙏🏾
thanks 4 users thanked FutureGmen for this useful post.
BrickAgent on 5/5/2021(UTC), StormyWeather1 on 5/5/2021(UTC), ItsMeJay on 5/5/2021(UTC), userzero on 5/5/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#748 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 8:19:51 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

It took mine an additional 2 weeks to be told I was passed medical and then they scheduled my Pre-Q pft.

Great. Thank you! I was told "it would be a quick turnaround" due to only needing a personal statement, but I guess that means days/weeks in FBI speak! LOL

Edited by user Wednesday, May 5, 2021 8:20:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BrickAgent  
#749 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 9:59:53 AM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Interested to hear for those headed in June or August (or any other time) what additional things they packed with them to Q. Here's the suggested packing list on the FBI site: https://www.fbi.gov/file...-new-agent-trainees/view

I recently bought a pair of brown 5.11 A/T non-zip boots that I've been breaking in and like a lot...
Annino  
#750 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 10:04:56 AM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Those of you going to Q - any indication on COVID restrictions and ability to leave base?
FTLight  
#751 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 10:05:34 AM(UTC)
FTLight

United States

Hi All,

Recently started my application and had some questions for the group:

1. I passed my phase 1 exam and need to schedule a M&G. However, the portal says there are no appointments available at this time. It has stated that for the last 2 weeks. Has anyone else been having similar scheduling issues? For those who have gone through this process, is this just normal, and I need to check everyday?

2. I see many people talking about their AC, what phase do these get assigned for people? I just wanted to make sure I’m not supposed to be calling my local office to get that assignment AND schedule the meet and greet. :-)

3. Broader question, does anyone have some idea on how the foreign language is valued for the application and job assignment? More specifically, do you happen to know if the FBI only cares if you are fluent in a language? For example, I am a rusty, intermediate Spanish speaker and was considering ‘buffing’ up my fluency for this application but wasn’t sure if it would matter if I couldn’t achieve a certain level of mastery.

Thanks for any and all input!
tamvid11  
#752 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 10:12:40 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Interested to hear for those headed in June or August (or any other time) what additional things they packed with them to Q. Here's the suggested packing list on the FBI site: https://www.fbi.gov/file...-new-agent-trainees/view

I recently bought a pair of brown 5.11 A/T non-zip boots that I've been breaking in and like a lot...

Your own blanket and pillow, a fan, NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES (you'll have a roommate...), an airtight container to store snacks. Computer/iPad.. you'll have a lot of free time those first 2 weeks, so streaming what you actually like to watch is a must!

Edited by user Wednesday, May 5, 2021 10:15:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
tamvid11  
#753 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 10:14:08 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
Those of you going to Q - any indication on COVID restrictions and ability to leave base?

Annino, no changes and I heard today from the folks running my PFT that they don't anticipate letting up on restrictions until maybe 2022... eek, right? haha

I was told by my AC last week that the director is watching FLETC closely and they plan to reevaluate in Jun/July to see if SOME restrictions might be lifted.
thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
tamvid11  
#754 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 10:35:58 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: FTLight Go to Quoted Post
Hi All,

Recently started my application and had some questions for the group:

1. I passed my phase 1 exam and need to schedule a M&G. However, the portal says there are no appointments available at this time. It has stated that for the last 2 weeks. Has anyone else been having similar scheduling issues? For those who have gone through this process, is this just normal, and I need to check everyday?

2. I see many people talking about their AC, what phase do these get assigned for people? I just wanted to make sure I’m not supposed to be calling my local office to get that assignment AND schedule the meet and greet. :-)

3. Broader question, does anyone have some idea on how the foreign language is valued for the application and job assignment? More specifically, do you happen to know if the FBI only cares if you are fluent in a language? For example, I am a rusty, intermediate Spanish speaker and was considering ‘buffing’ up my fluency for this application but wasn’t sure if it would matter if I couldn’t achieve a certain level of mastery.

Thanks for any and all input!

Glad to hear you're making progress on the application, Light! I can't speak to #1 because the portal didn't exist when I started the process.

#2 I believe you'll be assigned your AC when your background investigation starts-- so after you pass Phase II. That was the case for me, at least.

#3 Never hurts to brush up on your foreign language. I imagine the FBI will appreciate your rusty, intermediate Spanish skills to the extent that it shows you've studied other cultures and perhaps traveled/explored the world, but it won't play much into your hiring success/future postings unless you are fluent and can demonstrate that fluency. That said, keep up the language skills!

#1. You will get an email from HR stating there are dates available in the portal and then you can go schedule.
#2. The AC/recruiter is usually at the meet and greet. You'll at least know their name and the general email at that time. I met mine for the first time for my PSI.
#3. You do have to be fluent and be able to pass a proficiency test for it to matter. Feel free to put your skill level on your resume and see if that at least gets you the option to test. Make sure you distinguish between verbal and written skill level too. I believe they offer a sign on bonus if you pass their test... You can ask that at the M&G.
userzero  
#755 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 12:34:15 PM(UTC)
userzero

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: StormyWeather1 Go to Quoted Post
Passed my pre-Q PFT today and received confirmation that I'll be attending June's class!

Thank you to everybody for constantly providing updates and inspiration on this forum.

Too easy, Stormy! See you in a few weeks.
7/19 - app
8/19 - Ph 1
1/20 - M&G
2/20 - Ph 2 W
9/20 - Ph 2 I
10/20 - PFT/CAO
12/20 - PSI/Poly
1/21 - Med
6/21 - BFTC
userzero  
#756 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 12:43:28 PM(UTC)
userzero

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Your own blanket and pillow, a fan, NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES (you'll have a roommate...), an airtight container to store snacks. Computer/iPad.. you'll have a lot of free time those first 2 weeks, so streaming what you actually like to watch is a must!

FYI - you must register every device you bring (phone, PC, pager...) and WiFi will cost $150 total *per* device for the 5 month stay. So, if you want to connect your phone and PC to WiFi, that's $300. Maybe leave the pagers at home.
7/19 - app
8/19 - Ph 1
1/20 - M&G
2/20 - Ph 2 W
9/20 - Ph 2 I
10/20 - PFT/CAO
12/20 - PSI/Poly
1/21 - Med
6/21 - BFTC
JimmyNorthwood  
#757 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 1:40:58 PM(UTC)
JimmyNorthwood

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Had my poly the other day and definitely left feeling pretty crappy. For those that took theirs already-

Did any of you leave being told it went well?

How many of you left feeling like you failed or even being told you failed? Feel free to PM too if you want. Thanks!
Annino  
#758 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 3:09:10 PM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 77 post(s)
@userzero - inbox is full
tamvid11  
#759 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 4:04:06 PM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: userzero Go to Quoted Post

FYI - you must register every device you bring (phone, PC, pager...) and WiFi will cost $150 total *per* device for the 5 month stay. So, if you want to connect your phone and PC to WiFi, that's $300. Maybe leave the pagers at home.

Were you given this information specifically when you received your packet of information? I was told boingo is around $35-50 per month depending on speed and number of devices you want to connect.
qazwsx  
#760 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 6:42:52 PM(UTC)
qazwsx

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: userzero Go to Quoted Post

Were you given this information specifically when you received your packet of information? I was told boingo is around $35-50 per month depending on speed and number of devices you want to connect.

Boingo was $40 a month for three devices. There was a cheaper tier at $30 but it was pretty slow. Definitely not $150 per device haha

Edited by user Wednesday, May 5, 2021 6:44:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed