Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Disability Retirement

The federal government allows employees who are unable to work to retire under a disability retirement. It is in the best interest of both employees and the federal government for employees to remain gainfully employed in their current grade or pay level, as long as they can provide useful and efficient service without endangering themselves, others or government property.
Disability retirement should be the very last option and should be used only when attempts have been made to preserve an individual's employment, and those attempts have failed.

Order our Disability Retirement guide to educate yourself on the rules and regulations concerning disability retirement for federal employees.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JoeCarrier  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 6:52:38 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OPM is not answering their phones so I have to ask a question here. I'm trying to fill out the survey online, is it the Gross Distribtion box 1 on the 1099 for 2020 reported in step 1 on the online survey?

cheers

Edited by user Monday, March 15, 2021 6:53:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JoeCarrier  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 9:01:33 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
also, if not, do I type in "0" if I didn't have any earned income other than the disability annuity? I'm under 62 and I thought the disability annuity was only reported to the IRS for tax purposes. Is it considered "earned income" on the Disability Earnings Survey?
gembarok  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 1:42:14 PM(UTC)
gembarok

Man
United States

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Greetings,

If you look in the right hand corner of the online form, you will see a blue "HELP" button that will answer most of your questions.

Not Considered Earned Income

Income reported on form 1099, such as Civil Service Retirement benefits, annuities, pensions, Social Security benefits, Veteran's benefits, and military retired pay, withdrawals from 401K plans, unemployment compensation, workers' compensation, interest and dividends from savings accounts, stocks, personal loans, or home mortgages held, insurance proceeds, gifts, inheritances, estates, trusts, endowments, prizes, awards, gambling or lottery winnings, alimony/child support, scholarships or fellowships, pay for jury duty, capital gains from the sale of personal property, amounts received in court actions, and rents or royalties UNLESS received in the course of your trade or business.

S/
K
Sofedup  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 11:43:50 AM(UTC)
Sofedup

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Earnings survey is supposedly online. Not anywhere when I login to services online. I called OPM, they transferred me to an extension for a “survey team” person. Got voice mail. I am using an iPad. They claim the home page is where the survey is located at the bottom of the page, but there is nothing anywhere. Anyone else using an iPad that is having this same problem?
Sofedup  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 9:41:00 AM(UTC)
Sofedup

United States

Went to documents on menu. A square shows the survey exists, but its “not available”, and is not viewable, or printable. Ridiculous. Anyone have luck opening it from the documents tab?
gembarok  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 4:50:52 AM(UTC)
gembarok

Man
United States

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sofedup Go to Quoted Post
Went to documents on menu. A square shows the survey exists, but its “not available”, and is not viewable, or printable. Ridiculous. Anyone have luck opening it from the documents tab?

Greetings,

It could be that your internet browser is not compatible. Sometimes I bounce back and forth between MS Edge and Firefox on different web pages. If that is not the issue, only thing you can do is contact customer service to either fix the issue or send you a paper copy.

S/
K
Sofedup  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 5:53:57 AM(UTC)
Sofedup

United States

Called OPM. Earnings services “dept” said surveys were mailed out in April, and if I didn’t get one by May 5th to call. Nothing. Anyone get a mailed copy?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed