Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

97 Pages«<3738394041>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
M1keBones  
#761 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 7:04:28 PM(UTC)
M1keBones

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Originally Posted by: userzero Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post
Interested to hear for those headed in June or August (or any other time) what additional things they packed with them to Q. Here's the suggested packing list on the FBI site: https://www.fbi.gov/file...-new-agent-trainees/view

I recently bought a pair of brown 5.11 A/T non-zip boots that I've been breaking in and like a lot...

Your own blanket and pillow, a fan, NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES (you'll have a roommate...), an airtight container to store snacks. Computer/iPad.. you'll have a lot of free time those first 2 weeks, so streaming what you actually like to watch is a must!

FYI - you must register every device you bring (phone, PC, pager...) and WiFi will cost $150 total *per* device for the 5 month stay. So, if you want to connect your phone and PC to WiFi, that's $300. Maybe leave the pagers at home.

I don't know about this man. I spent 6 months at Q, next door to the FBI Academy, and I definitely didn't pay 150 per device for WiFi. Granted, it's been a while since I was in Quantico, but if this is the case now, that is some SERIOUS price gouging!
BrickAgent  
#762 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 2:47:00 AM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 31 post(s)
For those with children, I would love to hear how you plan to prepare them for your time away at Quantico. This will be largely dependent on your kid’s age, but either way interested in your suggestions/experience.

I found some of this advice here helpful, specific to military deployment. For example, staying up-beat and telling your toddler that you’ll be gone for a little while and have to “sleep over” at work; showing them where Quantico is on a map and putting a pin or sticker there; emphasizing that you’re going to help protect people, like other children his/her age; and keeping a steady and predictable routine, like "every morning at breakfast you and I will have special time to talk on the phone before you go to school."

https://childmind.org/ar...dy-for-a-deployment/amp/

Edited by user Thursday, May 6, 2021 3:35:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked BrickAgent for this useful post.
MavMan on 5/6/2021(UTC), userzero on 5/6/2021(UTC), dbroeck on 5/6/2021(UTC)
eastwest  
#763 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 4:15:43 AM(UTC)
eastwest

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 25 post(s)
For those with children, I would love to hear how you plan to prepare them for your time away at Quantico. This will be largely dependent on your kid’s age, but either way interested in your suggestions/experience.

I found some of this advice here helpful, specific to military deployment. For example, staying up-beat and telling your toddler that you’ll be gone for a little while and have to “sleep over” at work; showing them where Quantico is on a map and putting a pin or sticker there; emphasizing that you’re going to help protect people, like other children his/her age; and keeping a steady and predictable routine, like "every morning at breakfast you and I will have special time to talk on the phone before you go to school."

Those are some nice tips to keep in mind. I have an almost 2 year old. I would miss a lot of milestones... First, my plan is to send her to my in laws. She'll be able to hangout with her baby cousin and meet family she hasn't. It'll be exciting for her and distract a bit from missing daddy as much. I think having video chats 1x or 2x a day as a routine def would help.
thanks 2 users thanked eastwest for this useful post.
BrickAgent on 5/6/2021(UTC), userzero on 5/6/2021(UTC)
MavMan  
#764 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 5:12:31 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)

I have toddlers and I plan on making a fun little countdown for the end of every week with a little "surprise" they get to unwrap....(silly string, bubbles, little trucks, playdo, kinetic sand) little things like that. ALong with face timing and calling too of course. I love the map idea!

Edited by user Thursday, May 6, 2021 5:14:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked MavMan for this useful post.
BrickAgent on 5/6/2021(UTC), userzero on 5/6/2021(UTC)
userzero  
#765 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 5:13:57 AM(UTC)
userzero

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
@userzero - inbox is full

Fixed!
7/19 - app
8/19 - Ph 1
1/20 - M&G
2/20 - Ph 2 W
9/20 - Ph 2 I
10/20 - PFT/CAO
12/20 - PSI/Poly
1/21 - Med
6/21 - BFTC
BrickAgent  
#766 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 5:15:36 AM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MavMan Go to Quoted Post

I have toddlers and I plan on making a fun little countdown for the end of every week with a little "surprise" they get to unwrap....(silly string, bubbles, little trucks, playdo, kinetic sand) little things like that. ALong with face timing and calling too of course. I love the map idea!

Mav- dude, this is a great idea. Thanks for sharing!
thanks 1 user thanked BrickAgent for this useful post.
MavMan on 5/6/2021(UTC)
userzero  
#767 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 5:16:05 AM(UTC)
userzero

Originally Posted by: M1keBones Go to Quoted Post
Interested to hear for those headed in June or August (or any other time) what additional things they packed with them to Q. Here's the suggested packing list on the FBI site: https://www.fbi.gov/file...-new-agent-trainees/view

I recently bought a pair of brown 5.11 A/T non-zip boots that I've been breaking in and like a lot...

Your own blanket and pillow, a fan, NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES (you'll have a roommate...), an airtight container to store snacks. Computer/iPad.. you'll have a lot of free time those first 2 weeks, so streaming what you actually like to watch is a must!

FYI - you must register every device you bring (phone, PC, pager...) and WiFi will cost $150 total *per* device for the 5 month stay. So, if you want to connect your phone and PC to WiFi, that's $300. Maybe leave the pagers at home.

I don't know about this man. I spent 6 months at Q, next door to the FBI Academy, and I definitely didn't pay 150 per device for WiFi. Granted, it's been a while since I was in Quantico, but if this is the case now, that is some SERIOUS price gouging!

Haha sounds like I received some bad intel from my AC! I like the rates you guys are posting much more. Yea, this was specifically written in one of the packing list docs I received. (To be fair, my AC *did* say info was probably outdated...).

7/19 - app
8/19 - Ph 1
1/20 - M&G
2/20 - Ph 2 W
9/20 - Ph 2 I
10/20 - PFT/CAO
12/20 - PSI/Poly
1/21 - Med
6/21 - BFTC
tamvid11  
#768 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 5:21:25 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 51 post(s)

Haha sounds like I received some bad intel from my AC! I like the rates you guys are posting much more. Yea, this was specifically written in one of the packing list docs I received. (To be fair, my AC *did* say info was probably outdated...).

Yeah the $50-55/ month plan is for 3 connected devices (might be a little cheaper than this, but I aim high to prepare). So the $250 total for 5 months for the faster speed is decent. LOL the fact that it said pager might be a clue to how outdated the info is... anyone had one of those since the 90s?
userzero  
#769 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 5:25:48 AM(UTC)
userzero

These are such great ideas. Thanks for posting them! The routine is probably the strongest thing to do - dealt with it quite a bit with mil TDYs, etc. I try to arrange for flowers or a gift to be sent every month as a semi-surprise (they know they'll get something but never when). Websites like https://bouqs.com/ for flowers (and a decent subscription price) and another site called https://lovebookonline.com/ where you can make little cartoon-y books featuring yourself and a loved one (BIG hit). For little kids, too, a touch lamp is a cool idea: https://www.uncommongood...istance-friendship-lamp. Hope this helps!

7/19 - app
8/19 - Ph 1
1/20 - M&G
2/20 - Ph 2 W
9/20 - Ph 2 I
10/20 - PFT/CAO
12/20 - PSI/Poly
1/21 - Med
6/21 - BFTC
thanks 2 users thanked userzero for this useful post.
MavMan on 5/6/2021(UTC), BrickAgent on 5/6/2021(UTC)
MavMan  
#770 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 5:29:27 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

These are such great ideas. Thanks for posting them! The routine is probably the strongest thing to do - dealt with it quite a bit with mil TDYs, etc. I try to arrange for flowers or a gift to be sent every month as a semi-surprise (they know they'll get something but never when). Websites like https://bouqs.com/ for flowers (and a decent subscription price) and another site called https://lovebookonline.com/ where you can make little cartoon-y books featuring yourself and a loved one (BIG hit). For little kids, too, a touch lamp is a cool idea: https://www.uncommongood...istance-friendship-lamp. Hope this helps!

LOVE that lamp idea! My kiddos would really love that! Thanks!!

thanks 1 user thanked MavMan for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 5/6/2021(UTC)
userzero  
#771 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 5:30:06 AM(UTC)
userzero

Yeah the $50-55/ month plan is for 3 connected devices (might be a little cheaper than this, but I aim high to prepare). So the $250 total for 5 months for the faster speed is decent. LOL the fact that it said pager might be a clue to how outdated the info is... anyone had one of those since the 90s?

I won't lie because, you know, integrity - I added the part about the pager. Haha! I am very glad you all have provided fresh info. They must be behind the times over here on the east coast.
7/19 - app
8/19 - Ph 1
1/20 - M&G
2/20 - Ph 2 W
9/20 - Ph 2 I
10/20 - PFT/CAO
12/20 - PSI/Poly
1/21 - Med
6/21 - BFTC
thanks 3 users thanked userzero for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 5/6/2021(UTC), BrickAgent on 5/6/2021(UTC), tamvid11 on 5/6/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#772 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 6:39:28 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Anyone know the number of SAs they are putting through in a class these days?
dbroeck  
#773 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 8:12:53 AM(UTC)
dbroeck

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

LOVE that lamp idea! My kiddos would really love that! Thanks!!

Lot of great ideas! my daughter turns one a couple days before the June academy so I was looking for a good way to stay connected! I was hoping to send back Quantico souvenirs and whatnot to my wife and daughter but saw in the packet yesterday that there is no outgoing package service at the moment. I guess gifts will just have to come off of Amazon and say "from Daddy" on them lol
thanks 1 user thanked dbroeck for this useful post.
BrickAgent on 5/6/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#774 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 11:13:58 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

I know this answer will heavily way on personal background, but on average how long from PSI to adjudication? Do they adjudicate before the Pre-Q pft?
MavMan  
#775 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 12:15:13 PM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Tamvid no idea on the first question, but you can take the pre-Q many times. I took my preQ pft in February for the April class (didn’t make it in) and it is good for the June class BUT since it’s not looking like I’ll be going in June I’ll have to take another one for the August class.

I’ve read on here ppl taking 3 or 4 Pre-Q pfts , but I think 1-2 is more average.

Edited by user Thursday, May 6, 2021 12:16:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

StormyWeather1  
#776 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 7:38:46 AM(UTC)
StormyWeather1

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Thank you @tamvid11 for providing a recommended packing list. I have not received this information officially yet.

What are your favorite hiking boots and wrestling shoes? There are so many to choose from! haha

Application: 5/20
Phase 1: 6/20
M&G: 8/20
PFT: 9/20
Phase 2: 10/20
Poly: 12/20
Medical: 1/21
Favorably Adj.: 3/21
BFTC: 8/21
tamvid11  
#777 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 7:43:20 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Tamvid no idea on the first question, but you can take the pre-Q many times. I took my preQ pft in February for the April class (didn’t make it in) and it is good for the June class BUT since it’s not looking like I’ll be going in June I’ll have to take another one for the August class.

I’ve read on here ppl taking 3 or 4 Pre-Q pfts , but I think 1-2 is more average.

When did you get adjudicated?
tamvid11  
#778 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 7:47:18 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: StormyWeather1 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you @tamvid11 for providing a recommended packing list. I have not received this information officially yet.

What are your favorite hiking boots and wrestling shoes? There are so many to choose from! haha

You can find the very limited packing list on the FBI on-boarding paperwork site.
As for boots - 5/11 have some great options, but I think my favorite are Under Armour tactical boots. I've got a couple pairs and they are great. The actual packing list says brown hiking boots, so they really don't care the brand or style. Just something comfortable for you to do daily stuff in.
https://www.fbi.gov/file...-new-agent-trainees/view
Mr. Liquid  
#779 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 7:51:37 AM(UTC)
Mr. Liquid

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: StormyWeather1 Go to Quoted Post

You can find the very limited packing list on the FBI on-boarding paperwork site.
As for boots - 5/11 have some great options, but I think my favorite are Under Armour tactical boots. I've got a couple pairs and they are great. The actual packing list says brown hiking boots, so they really don't care the brand or style. Just something comfortable for you to do daily stuff in.
https://www.fbi.gov/file...-new-agent-trainees/view

I have a pair of these:
https://www.rei.com/rei-...rproof-hiking-boots-mens

Think those would work?

Edited by user Friday, May 7, 2021 7:55:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mr. Liquid  
#780 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 7:54:41 AM(UTC)
Mr. Liquid

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I know this answer will heavily way on personal background, but on average how long from PSI to adjudication? Do they adjudicate before the Pre-Q pft?

I had my PSI in mid-November 2020 and was adjudicated mid-February 2021. My pre-Q PFT is next Friday and assuming all goes well, I should be at Q in August.
thanks 1 user thanked Mr. Liquid for this useful post.
tamvid11 on 5/7/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed