Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
delphis  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 8:54:35 AM(UTC)
delphis

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi all,
I read in some earlier posts in this forum that CE's have recently been able to email copies of case files instead of having a dvd/cd mailed out. That seems much more efficient, and maybe quicker too.
I have the request letter from the OWCP Classroom (THANK YOU, Jesse Slade! You are incomparable <3 ) Just wondering whether I could request the case file to be emailed to me or uploaded to ECOMP so I don't have to deal with a DVD or CD.
Many thanks!
delphis
VW1  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 9:32:33 AM(UTC)
VW1

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
In your letter add the language, "I am requesting that a copy of my claim file be sent to my email due to the pandemic. My email address is ###$$%^. When they send it to you it will require you to create an account with Kiteworks because they use that service to send it to you as an encrypted file. Once you register your account you will be able to download your claim file as it is sent as a pdf.
thanks 1 user thanked VW1 for this useful post.
delphis on 5/11/2021(UTC)
delphis  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 9:33:52 AM(UTC)
delphis

United States

Thank you very much, VW1 :-) That's great!
VW1  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 9:40:09 AM(UTC)
VW1

United States

My pleasure, you are welcome.
delphis  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 10:44:30 AM(UTC)
delphis

United States

hi again,
more questions, please? I am requesting the case file because a secop has been scheduled. Will the CE automatically send the SOAF and questions sent to the physician, because it is part of the case file, or do I need to upload this to ecomp in a separate privacy act request? Should I request that the CE note which parts of the case file have been bookmarked for the doctor, or will that just delay my request? finally, will the CE automatically see my request in ecomp, or should i call her to let her know i am sending this request?
thank you!
delphis

Edited by user Tuesday, May 11, 2021 10:46:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

VW1  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 10:56:44 AM(UTC)
VW1

United States

Just to be on the safe side I would submit a different request for those documents. They should be in the file but that doesn't mean they will be. I am assuming you mean what medical has been bookmarked to send to the SECOP doctor. If you are going to request those documents, it might slightly delay your request because they have to gather all of that information together. If you are going to request the medical, make sure you state "I am requesting all medical evidence that is flagged to be sent to the SECOP examiner". What medical evidence they send depends upon the reason for the SECOP exam. Read Chapter 3-0500.3 in the Procedure Manual for that information.

When you upload these requests into ECOMP make sure to upload it under the tab Case Copy/Document Request and you shouldn't have to send a separate letter letting the CE know of the request.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed