Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Holly  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 2:31:05 PM(UTC)
Holly

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So, I was adjudicated 08/2020 for a FSP as a DOD contractor. The company that sponsored my clearance did not have a job for me once adjudicated and could not place me anywhere else. So, November 2020, I received a job offer from a contracting company at a different agency. I worked with this company from 11/2020 until 04/23/2021. I left the company to join another company on the same contract. I was told today my clearance was "cancelled". They are reassuring me I am in SC, not JPAS, and showing FSP. Any idea what could be going on?
Abndud3  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2021 9:06:12 AM(UTC)
Abndud3

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If clearance was adjudicated, then not sure "cancelled" is the right term.

There is a lot going on and of course reciprocity is not as simple as it should be.

Your former contractor is supposed to notify when someone no longer is utilizing clearance, however, as long as you are picked up by another, there should be no lag. FSP is definitely more time intensive. Now, SCI you must be read off, but no reason your clearance should be "cancelled".

This could be more administrative where your new contractor/employer just has to "turn on" investigation and show a need at that same level.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed