Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<111213
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Inves7  
#241 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 6:52:46 PM(UTC)
Inves7

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Been lurking on this forum for a while and wanted to post about my specific experience because I think there’s only a few of us going through it.

08/2020- applied (non stem)
10/2020- interview
- no contact -
03/2021- email stating HR was notified to deliver CJO but could not at this time due to hiring freeze
-no contact-
05/2021- email stating hiring pause (change of language) has been lifted and CJO is inbound but it will take time to hear from HR.
Nothing since.

I haven’t seen anyone mention a freeze recently other than maybe one or two others on here so it may just be this specific department. Is there anyone else in my position ? Or anyone who has gotten their CJO after this?

Also, everyone in the chat can chime in on this. I have a firm offer coming in the next few weeks with DoD but really want the job mentioned above. Should I just forget about it for now? This is my first time in an IC process.

Thanks guys
thanks 1 user thanked Inves7 for this useful post.
Granzer on 6/10/2021(UTC)
Granzer  
#242 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 7:26:22 PM(UTC)
Granzer

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Inves7 Go to Quoted Post
Been lurking on this forum for a while and wanted to post about my specific experience because I think there’s only a few of us going through it.

10/2020- interview
- no contact -
03/2021- email stating HR was notified to deliver CJO but could not at this time due to hiring freeze
-no contact-
05/2021- email stating hiring pause (change of language) has been lifted and CJO is inbound but it will take time to hear from HR.
Nothing since.

I haven’t seen anyone mention a freeze recently other than maybe one or two others on here so it may just be this specific department. Is there anyone else in my position ? Or anyone who has gotten their CJO after this?

Also, everyone in the chat can chime in on this. I have a firm offer coming in the next few weeks with DoD but really want the job mentioned above. Should I just forget about it for now? This is my first time in an IC process.

Thanks guys

First thing they tell us to do, is not to put everything on hold. Take that offer, and tell your recruiter to add it. Might have you redo that part on the SF-86 or might not idk exactly.

But you are still fairly early in this process so don’t just drop an opportunity.
SoZettaSlow  
#243 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 11:00:08 PM(UTC)
SoZettaSlow

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: federalemployment Go to Quoted Post
how long does it take people usually to fill out their SF86 the first time? holy cow I didn't expect it to ask for so much info from people! I'm not entirely sure I'm able to get some info from people I last spoke to ages ago.

I took a week but mostly getting replies from people and me being a bit lazy, could have finished a few days earlier. Had to do 2 revisions to upload some doc they requested and add more foreign contact coz I didn't fully comprehend what considered foreign contact. Wasn't too bad but definitely lot more than I though. Coz I took part time jobs while at school so had these like unemployed, employed periods making it a bit weird lol. But its also like someone to verify you're unemployed its like man iw as so anti social back then literally had no one so put down my professor at the time.

10/2020- interview
- no contact -
-no contact-
Nothing since.

Thanks guys

Nothing about a hiring freeze on my end but I'm also STEM so maybe different, still got stalled out like 4 month to get my CJO so maybe HR was just *****ed during the start of the year.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 9, 2021 11:02:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

hiremepleasensa  
#244 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 8:46:51 AM(UTC)
hiremepleasensa

United States

My next update will be in around 2 months :( don't even have a CJO yet and applied in January
NSAwaiting2  
#245 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 1:03:34 PM(UTC)
NSAwaiting2

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Granzer Go to Quoted Post

10/2020- interview
- no contact -
-no contact-
Nothing since.

Thanks guys

First thing they tell us to do, is not to put everything on hold. Take that offer, and tell your recruiter to add it. Might have you redo that part on the SF-86 or might not idk exactly.

But you are still fairly early in this process so don’t just drop an opportunity.

I agree Inves, you should definitely take the other position for now as you could be going through the process for NSA for quite a while, especially if you’re still waiting on your CJO.

Edited by user Thursday, June 10, 2021 1:05:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked NSAwaiting2 for this useful post.
Granzer on 6/10/2021(UTC)
applicanter  
#246 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 8:45:35 AM(UTC)
applicanter

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: applicanter Go to Quoted Post
I've been scared to post my timeline just to be safe, but I've noticed that even since the 2018 thread, people with detailed timeline posts still get FJO's so here's mine. I have 2 countries I have visited that are relatively safe (i.e. US is wary because of local conditions but we're nonetheless allied with them), as well as about a dozen foreign contacts.

10/18 - Applied
12/18 - Phone interview (job 1)
12/18 - Flew for in-person interview (job 2)
12/18 - CJO (job 1); e-qip
1/19 - Credit pulled
1/19 - Asked for clarification about e-qip via email
2/19 - Phone interview (job 3)
4/19 - CJO (job 3)
5/19 - Start different fed job; e-qip for secret
7/19 - Phone BI for secret
2/20 - secret granted

2/20 - Asked senator for help at this point because what the heck
5/20 - received NSA reply through senator inquiry (stated long process due to foreign contacts)
5/20 - Plethora of BI's started contacted me; BI interview

And that's where I am folks

4/21 - MD in-process (MD/psych/poly). Failed Polys 2x.
6/21 - Received email that my process has been discontinued. I had 2 engineering CJOs.

Was a good two years. Good luck to everyone still on it!
NSAwaiting2  
#247 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 12:28:38 PM(UTC)
NSAwaiting2

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Sorry to hear that, best of luck in your other endeavors!
SoZettaSlow  
#248 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 3:49:13 PM(UTC)
SoZettaSlow

6/21 - Received email that my process has been discontinued. I had 2 engineering CJOs.

That is unfortunate, I wish you luck on your future endeavors!

May I ask what the poly process was like when you had to do it a second time? Did you just stay longer or flew back or did you live nearby? Thanks!
hiremepleasensa  
#249 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 4:09:36 PM(UTC)
hiremepleasensa

United States

I've been scared to post my timeline just to be safe, but I've noticed that even since the 2018 thread, people with detailed timeline posts still get FJO's so here's mine. I have 2 countries I have visited that are relatively safe (i.e. US is wary because of local conditions but we're nonetheless allied with them), as well as about a dozen foreign contacts.

10/18 - Applied
12/18 - Phone interview (job 1)
12/18 - Flew for in-person interview (job 2)
12/18 - CJO (job 1); e-qip
1/19 - Credit pulled
1/19 - Asked for clarification about e-qip via email
2/19 - Phone interview (job 3)
4/19 - CJO (job 3)
5/19 - Start different fed job; e-qip for secret
7/19 - Phone BI for secret
2/20 - secret granted

2/20 - Asked senator for help at this point because what the heck
5/20 - received NSA reply through senator inquiry (stated long process due to foreign contacts)
5/20 - Plethora of BI's started contacted me; BI interview

And that's where I am folks

What kind of engineering was it?

applicanter  
#250 Posted : Saturday, June 12, 2021 2:22:54 PM(UTC)
applicanter

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SoZettaSlow Go to Quoted Post

May I ask what the poly process was like when you had to do it a second time? Did you just stay longer or flew back or did you live nearby? Thanks!

If given the chance to take it a second time, they offer it to you. I took it the next day. I live far away so they just extended my hotel stay and booked me a different flight.

Originally Posted by: hiremepleasensa Go to Quoted Post

What kind of engineering was it?

Software Eng and HW design Eng.

Edited by user Saturday, June 12, 2021 6:00:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

federalemployment  
#251 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2021 5:07:06 PM(UTC)
federalemployment

United States

is it normal for them to keep sending me follow ups about completing the eqip? It's literally just taking me forever because of how many people I need to chase down but I'm worried that this is a bad sign or something?
SoZettaSlow  
#252 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2021 5:38:01 PM(UTC)
SoZettaSlow

is it normal for them to keep sending me follow ups about completing the eqip? It's literally just taking me forever because of how many people I need to chase down but I'm worried that this is a bad sign or something?

Like they keep asking for new information? For me they just ask me to clarify a few things so I ended up with two revision, my fault really for the second one because I misunderstood the requirement of foreign contact. Otherwise haven't heard from them since the second revision and all done within like a week. Turn around was pretty fast at least on this part.
someoldguy  
#253 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 2:36:40 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 985 time(s) in 830 post(s)
I don't think it is a bad sign, just an indication that they need more info.

Maybe they can't find some of the people you listed so they need more references?

I remember some folks who had to provide additional references for periods when they lived overseas... but they were told, don't tell these contacts why you need their address and phone number. This made the whole process rather awkward, especially since in some cases these were relatives they had not been in contact with for some time.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed