Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pixie  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 2:13:01 PM(UTC)
Pixie

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ok.. so I've submitted (more than once) for CCA positions and for Mail Handler positions locally. I've taken the tests for both and scored a 99 for the CCA position and a 100 for the mail handler position. But... I never seem to progress past the application point.

What am I doing wrong? Am I wrong to assume that scoring a 99 or 100 should put me pretty close to the top of the list? Any suggestions? (Aside from RUN-- I've read the forum a bit, lol)
The Postmaster  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 4:42:04 PM(UTC)
The Postmaster

Was thanked: 138 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Your assumptions are correct about the score...unless there are veterans that receive extra test points, 5 or 10 I believe. And with a 10 pt. they get the job no matter what if they want it period. Which is good. But that is just one possibility.
MPE2009  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 9:33:32 AM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 666 time(s) in 535 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Pixie Go to Quoted Post
Ok.. so I've submitted (more than once) for CCA positions and for Mail Handler positions locally. I've taken the tests for both and scored a 99 for the CCA position and a 100 for the mail handler position. But... I never seem to progress past the application point.

What am I doing wrong? Am I wrong to assume that scoring a 99 or 100 should put me pretty close to the top of the list? Any suggestions? (Aside from RUN-- I've read the forum a bit, lol)

How many other applicants have the same scores or higher in the case of veterans? Are you in an area with a high number of veterans, in particular disabled veterans and one with a lack of any real jobs, that pay a living wage? Also it's worth verifying that the correct contact information is in your profile and that you double check the spam folder frequently.
Pixie  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 11:36:13 AM(UTC)
Pixie

I'm in the Cincinnati area-- so its safe to say there are a fair number of veterans in the area. However, the Post Office doesn't particularly pay any better than any number of warehouses and processing plants in the area that are all in the 16-22/hr range, not to mention we enjoy a pretty low cost of living.

I should also add, that I myself am a 5 pointer.
Dazedandconfused  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 6:22:41 PM(UTC)
Dazedandconfused

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Pixie Go to Quoted Post
I'm in the Cincinnati area-- so its safe to say there are a fair number of veterans in the area. However, the Post Office doesn't particularly pay any better than any number of warehouses and processing plants in the area that are all in the 16-22/hr range, not to mention we enjoy a pretty low cost of living.

I should also add, that I myself am a 5 pointer.

Did you get the 5 points added to you score you mentioned above?

or is that score with the 5 points added?
:
Karma: the force created by a person's actions that causes good or bad things to happen to that person.
:
BLM
Pixie  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 6:52:55 PM(UTC)
Pixie

The score above is without the points. I submitted the DD214 in order to gain the points.
Pixie  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2021 12:00:41 PM(UTC)
Pixie

And just got my contingent offer today along with all the links for the background check. So... looks like I'll be in soon-ish
thanks 1 user thanked Pixie for this useful post.
GordonG on 6/15/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed