Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

General Conversations

Within this forum, you can:

• share experiences as a federal employee
  • ask for some general help from fellow federal employees
  • offer helpful advice
  • make this world a better place (doesn't hurt to try)

Please keep in mind that this is not an opportunity to "step up on a soap box." Let's keep things clean, polite and useful. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ExcFed  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2021 4:03:39 PM(UTC)
ExcFed

Groups: Registered
United States

Current excepted service T32 federal technician employed by a state national guard. Agency wants to reassign me to a lower grade to make way for someone else coming back to the state from T10. Involuntary reassignment must be to same grade and same pay, right? How do I fight the reassignment to lower grade? Do I have to find an employment lawyer? Looking for any advice!
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 3:34:37 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 1208 time(s) in 965 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ExcFed Go to Quoted Post
Current excepted service T32 federal technician employed by a state national guard. Agency wants to reassign me to a lower grade to make way for someone else coming back to the state from T10. Involuntary reassignment must be to same grade and same pay, right? How do I fight the reassignment to lower grade? Do I have to find an employment lawyer? Looking for any advice!
No real advice except if you do get a lawyer, make certain they are very familiar with T32 rules and laws, as those types of cases are a major headache. If the mil grade goes down, then you may also have an IG complaint (demotion without an Art 15 or court martial I don't think is legal). Add in your Civil Service protections, and they may be going down a wrong path.

That said, if the position you are sitting on was already encumbered by the person returning from T10, you need to see if your promotion was temp or permanent.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
ExcFed  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 4:31:09 AM(UTC)
ExcFed

United States

Thanks. No change in MIL grade and I am tenure permanent in the position for almost 3 years. CNGBI 1400.25, Vol. 715, paragraph 12 states reassignment at the same grade and pay. I just don’t know where to go outside of the organization to validate and to get assistance. OPM?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed