Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fedsoup6  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2021 6:16:54 AM(UTC)
fedsoup6

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello,

About two weeks ago, I got injured/abused at a physical exam directed by the agency (possibly nerve damage from blood draw/hematoma).
I opened a workers comp case CA-1 which is still undergoing approval; and I am concerned. I may end up with long-term nerve damage as I have lost sensation and other symptoms. I have not gone to the doctors yet as I am afraid I may end up with a bunch of bills and I am still working but in pain. Confused with this whole process and what benefits I am entitled. Someone please give me advice.

I was wondering if the OWCP process (workers comp via DLA) is reliable or should I try to find an attorney to help me with this?
REVISED: actually I called up some lawyers and they said lawyers for federal cases are very limited. No one is willing to take a case because its a whole diff process, with the injured having to pay out of pocket. The best thing is to get help from a federal workers compensation representative.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 15, 2021 2:55:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lady1934  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 12:02:20 PM(UTC)
Lady1934

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello, You may ask Jesse Slade ( theowcpclassroom.freeforums.net)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed