Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

82 Pages«<5051525354>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Annino  
#1021 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:08:35 AM(UTC)
Annino

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I've seen the Academy as being 19 weeks, 20 weeks, and 21 weeks in several different sources. Anyone know the actual length?
tamvid11  
#1022 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:59:13 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
I've seen the Academy as being 19 weeks, 20 weeks, and 21 weeks in several different sources. Anyone know the actual length?

I believe it is 19 weeks, but it was 21 weeks due to people needing to quarantine for 2 weeks on the campus, so they had to arrive sooner. Not sure if that is still the case though.

The August class will run from Aug 1-Dec 22. That is 20 1/2 weeks with the quarantine. They also have to factor in holidays. So 19-21 weeks is average. Sept class starts Sept 26 and goes through the second or third week of February.
Annino  
#1023 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 10:47:16 AM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post

I believe it is 19 weeks, but it was 21 weeks due to people needing to quarantine for 2 weeks on the campus, so they had to arrive sooner. Not sure if that is still the case though.

The August class will run from Aug 1-Dec 22. That is 20 1/2 weeks with the quarantine. They also have to factor in holidays. So 19-21 weeks is average. Sept class starts Sept 26 and goes through the second or third week of February.

Are they still doing the quarantine? I thought someone had posted here a few weeks back saying new protocol does not require quarantine for the fully vaccinated.
Lunaticox  
#1024 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 11:40:46 AM(UTC)
Lunaticox

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good afternoon everyone,

I am new here and I have a question hopefully someone can help me with. I am 35 year old Police Officer. I am finishing my undergraduate degree with an expected graduation date of June 2022. My 36th Birthday will be on April 2022, two months before I graduate. I do not have any military time.

Am I out of luck with being able to apply to the FBI due to my age?

Can I apply before I graduate (closer to graduation perhaps?) to get the process started?

I dream of working for the FBI, but fear my time has passed. Any help is appreciated l.
emaichbe03  
#1025 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 6:25:06 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 98 post(s)
“ Current FBI employees are eligible to apply prior to their 39th birthday and must be appointed and assigned to the FBI Academy no later than the month of their 40th birthday.”

Your only Avenue may be to get any position with the FBI now so you can flex to 40.
tamvid11  
#1026 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 3:23:17 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 49 post(s)

Are they still doing the quarantine? I thought someone had posted here a few weeks back saying new protocol does not require quarantine for the fully vaccinated.

This is fact, however, everyone vaccinated or not has the same arrival date and you’ll still be doing the online stuff. Vaccinated just have more liberties during that time.
Annino  
#1027 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 4:01:31 AM(UTC)
Annino

This is fact, however, everyone vaccinated or not has the same arrival date and you’ll still be doing the online stuff. Vaccinated just have more liberties during that time.

Oh now that's interesting context. Thanks!
ctapplicant21  
#1028 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 9:03:35 AM(UTC)
ctapplicant21

Hi there,

I'm hoping to get some insight/feedback from those who have successfully completed the application process. I received an email on May 20 indicating that I passed Phase II and to look out for a follow up email with instructions to complete the SF 86 and move forward with next steps. A month later, I am yet to receive said email and there hasn't been any update on my Application Portal besides "Conditional Offer Pending..." I have reached out to my SA point of contact twice over the past two weeks, and once to my field office's applicant email and I haven't gotten any reply. I haven't seen anyone else on this forum getting held up at this stage, but maybe y'all have some insights. I'm at a loss at this point.

Thanks,
C
Annino  
#1029 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 9:19:45 AM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: ctapplicant21 Go to Quoted Post
Hi there,

I'm hoping to get some insight/feedback from those who have successfully completed the application process. I received an email on May 20 indicating that I passed Phase II and to look out for a follow up email with instructions to complete the SF 86 and move forward with next steps. A month later, I am yet to receive said email and there hasn't been any update on my Application Portal besides "Conditional Offer Pending..." I have reached out to my SA point of contact twice over the past two weeks, and once to my field office's applicant email and I haven't gotten any reply. I haven't seen anyone else on this forum getting held up at this stage, but maybe y'all have some insights. I'm at a loss at this point.

Thanks,
C

I wouldn't sweat it. As hard as it is to hear, just be patient. Been there so I understand. Congratulations on passing Phase II!
ctapplicant21  
#1030 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 9:40:39 AM(UTC)
ctapplicant21

Hi there,

Thanks,
C

I wouldn't sweat it. As hard as it is to hear, just be patient. Been there so I understand. Congratulations on passing Phase II!

Will do. Appreciate it. It seemed like an unusual place to be hung up, so I just wanted to do some additional information gathering.

Annino  
#1031 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 10:03:28 AM(UTC)
Annino

Hi there,

Thanks,
C

Will do. Appreciate it. It seemed like an unusual place to be hung up, so I just wanted to do some additional information gathering.

As long as you have the Phase II pass email, you’re good!
thanks 1 user thanked Annino for this useful post.
ctapplicant21 on 6/18/2021(UTC)
MK7QF  
#1032 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 10:27:41 AM(UTC)
MK7QF

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi there,

Thanks,
C

I received my Phase II Passing email today (woo hoo!) but when I met with my FO's AC on Tuesday for my P2 Interview, I was told that it's normal to have to wait anywhere from several weeks to several months to receive the Conditional Offer email. From what she told me, it's all driven by skillsets and what needs they have at the moment, but as long as you have the P2 Pass email, you will receive a Conditional Offer email at some point. Her advice to applicants at that point is to try and forget you're in the process at all, as the waiting can drive you crazy. So if that's any indication on how long wait times can be, I'd say your situation is perfectly normal (as frustrating as that is). And I expect to be in the same boat as you for the foreseeable future.
RaiderFan  
#1033 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 2:51:37 PM(UTC)
RaiderFan

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi there,

Thanks,
C

FWIW. I waited 6 weeks for my phase 2 results while others got theirs in a week or less.
I did PSI/Poly/medical over a span of 2 months. But I’ve heard of others waiting 2 months just between the PSI and poly.
I think It’s all dependent upon the field office you’re applying to. Size, number of applicants, and just luck lol.
thanks 1 user thanked RaiderFan for this useful post.
ctapplicant21 on 6/19/2021(UTC)
RustinCohle  
#1034 Posted : Sunday, June 20, 2021 8:45:19 PM(UTC)
RustinCohle

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Anyone ever pause app during background? With the courts opening back up after Covid I am being subpoenaed for numerous trials for old cases of mine over the next few months. I am wondering the best way to approach this. I am nearing the end of background and had been told August or September Q dates were on the table. Does anyone know how it works with pushing for a later Q date? I would hate to do anything to jeopardize a final offer, but I also don't mind waiting a little bit so I can sort things out at my current job. If I do pause the App, will I have to re do poly/ background?

Thanks
Annino  
#1035 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 4:54:41 AM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: RustinCohle Go to Quoted Post
Anyone ever pause app during background? With the courts opening back up after Covid I am being subpoenaed for numerous trials for old cases of mine over the next few months. I am wondering the best way to approach this. I am nearing the end of background and had been told August or September Q dates were on the table. Does anyone know how it works with pushing for a later Q date? I would hate to do anything to jeopardize a final offer, but I also don't mind waiting a little bit so I can sort things out at my current job. If I do pause the App, will I have to re do poly/ background?

Thanks

My best advice is to work with your AC on this. I would not pause during background, because I do believe a pause is the same as a withdraw. And then when you're ready again, you will re-apply, a new CAO will be issued, etc, etc. I could be wrong, but just stay in it and communicate with your AC.
MavMan  
#1036 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 5:04:58 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)

Thanks

Definitely work with your AC, If you finish background and get a FO and class date you can only defer 1 class (your reasons are good though)....as far as trials...Talk to your superiors, you may be able to do personal statements or zoom calls depending on the case. If it's traffic tickets i wouldn't worry too much.
RustinCohle  
#1037 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 5:10:00 AM(UTC)
RustinCohle

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks Annino and Mav. If you defer your first class offer does it only buy you until the next class/ a month typically? Unfortunately it’s some first degree cases at superior court I won’t be able to appear via zoom. Sounds like I should probably loop my AC in, I imagine I’m not the first with this issue.
MavMan  
#1038 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 5:12:24 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Thanks Annino and Mav. If you defer your first class offer does it only buy you until the next class/ a month typically? Unfortunately it’s some first degree cases at superior court I won’t be able to appear via zoom. Sounds like I should probably loop my AC in, I imagine I’m not the first with this issue.

Dang yea, loop them in. That's the way I understand it, but your cases are a good reason to defer. I'm sure if you supply the subpoenas as proof they won't have an issue doing it.
StormyWeather1  
#1039 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 9:21:57 AM(UTC)
StormyWeather1

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Does anyone know if it's common to find a roommate during your class or in general once you start at your FO?
Application: 5/20
Phase 1: 6/20
M&G: 8/20
PFT: 9/20
Phase 2: 10/20
Poly: 12/20
Medical: 1/21
Favorably Adj.: 3/21
BFTC: 8/21
Annino  
#1040 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 9:48:30 AM(UTC)
Annino

Any idea how long after references are contacted one can expect to hear about adjudication? I know several of you are at varying stages in the process so just trying to take an inventory to get a good estimate. Appreciate it!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed