Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

81 Pages«<5152535455>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MavMan  
#1041 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 11:08:00 AM(UTC)
MavMan

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: StormyWeather1 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if it's common to find a roommate during your class or in general once you start at your FO?

Stormy your inbox is full
StormyWeather1  
#1042 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 11:15:22 AM(UTC)
StormyWeather1

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MavMan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: StormyWeather1 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if it's common to find a roommate during your class or in general once you start at your FO?

Stormy your inbox is full

It should be good now if you want to message me, thank you for letting me know!
Application: 5/20
Phase 1: 6/20
M&G: 8/20
PFT: 9/20
Phase 2: 10/20
Poly: 12/20
Medical: 1/21
Favorably Adj.: 3/21
BFTC: 8/21
MavMan  
#1043 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 8:51:49 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Just got the official call that i am on the August roster!!! The class is filled now and the final offers will be going out in the next week or so! Anyone that is waiting should be hearing something very soon!!
thanks 5 users thanked MavMan for this useful post.
AGJ on 6/22/2021(UTC), RustinCohle on 6/22/2021(UTC), 1811_Z on 6/22/2021(UTC), ItsMeJay on 6/22/2021(UTC), S. Florida Chick on 7/20/2021(UTC)
Annino  
#1044 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 9:18:42 AM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Just got the official call that i am on the August roster!!! The class is filled now and the final offers will be going out in the next week or so! Anyone that is waiting should be hearing something very soon!!

Congratulations and thanks in advance for your service!
Annino  
#1045 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 12:19:42 PM(UTC)
Annino

Anyone automatically set aside some money from their paycheck to simulate the FBI pay? (assuming you are taking a pay cut)

I recommend it!
BrickAgent  
#1046 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 1:55:58 PM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
Anyone automatically set aside some money from their paycheck to simulate the FBI pay? (assuming you are taking a pay cut)

I recommend it!

That's an interesting idea. What's the pay again starting at Quantico and after (not accounting for standard of living adjustments because there's too much to account for there)?
Annino  
#1047 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 3:56:33 PM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post

I recommend it!

That's an interesting idea. What's the pay again starting at Quantico and after (not accounting for standard of living adjustments because there's too much to account for there)?

GL-10 step 1 with LEAP pay at Quantico. Roughly $85K

After Q dependent on your FO assignment
thanks 2 users thanked Annino for this useful post.
BrickAgent on 6/23/2021(UTC), S. Florida Chick on 7/20/2021(UTC)
HopefulSA1017  
#1048 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 4:10:07 AM(UTC)
HopefulSA1017

United States

Hi everyone! This thread has been so incredibly helpful in the application process.
I’m scheduled for my phase II interview soon and was wondering if I can prepare for anything other than situations and examples where I show core competencies? I know you sign an NDA so any information allowed is helpful.
Also, I’ve seen everyone wait to hear after their Phase II written exam to schedule their interview based on their results. I however was invited to the phase II interview before I even took my written exam. Is this normal?

Thanks
tamvid11  
#1049 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 4:37:13 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HopefulSA1017 Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone! This thread has been so incredibly helpful in the application process.
I’m scheduled for my phase II interview soon and was wondering if I can prepare for anything other than situations and examples where I show core competencies? I know you sign an NDA so any information allowed is helpful.
Also, I’ve seen everyone wait to hear after their Phase II written exam to schedule their interview based on their results. I however was invited to the phase II interview before I even took my written exam. Is this normal?

Thanks

I think all anyone is allowed to say is use the STAR method. Try to keep your responses in the 2-4min range so that you can ensure you complete the interview in the allotted time. Be confident and focus on your accomplishments. If you're using an example where their was a team, make sure you say what you did and not what the team did. It is about you. This is your time to shine... be a little boastful, while being completely honest - expect your responses to be fact-checked.

Your experience is completely normal. In many cases the written is graded alongside the interview and the pass/fail results will come a couple weeks after the interview. In some cases they take longer, but I think they have gone back to their regular time-frame. The written was completed with pen and paper the same day as the interview before they went to the proctored computer method - so they are used to grading the written with the interview.

Good Luck!
Capt Mike  
#1050 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 5:49:05 AM(UTC)
Capt Mike

United States

GL-10 step 1 with LEAP pay at Quantico. Roughly $85K

After Q dependent on your FO assignment

It is $85K, which includes availability pay as well as locality pay for DC metro (what everyone gets during Quantico). I received my conditional offer recently.
Here's a 2021 timeline:

App: Feb 21
PI: Mar 21
M&G (virtual/group): Apr 21
M&G (1on1): May 21
PII (W): May 21
PII (I): Jun 21
CAO: Jun 21

Edited by user Wednesday, June 23, 2021 6:29:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TwoSevenThreeOne  
#1051 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 6:56:17 AM(UTC)
TwoSevenThreeOne

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Same here, congrats. Enjoy the next five weeks.
CWilliams81  
#1052 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 7:19:58 AM(UTC)
CWilliams81

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Question for people currently training for PFT: Are you still trying to maintain a balanced fitness program or are you JUST working on pushup and situp improvement and running? Just curious to hear how others are balancing PFT prep with their overall fitness goals.
Annino  
#1053 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 8:52:01 AM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: CWilliams81 Go to Quoted Post
Question for people currently training for PFT: Are you still trying to maintain a balanced fitness program or are you JUST working on pushup and situp improvement and running? Just curious to hear how others are balancing PFT prep with their overall fitness goals.

I've been trying to work in long runs, sprints, bicycling, and soon swimming. The goal is to increase my cardiovascular capacity. It's important to run to build up that muscle memory, but sometimes my legs just need a break. I've hit a plateau recently (~3.2 miles at 8:15 avg mile) and fastest mile at 7:03. A few years back I was in the 6s for my fastest mile so I have some work to do. I'm also older now :D

I'll incorporate weight training too just to keep sane.
tamvid11  
#1054 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 9:06:40 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

If anyone has any familiarity with the process of completing the request to get the FD-1118 completed. PM me?
BrickAgent  
#1055 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 9:46:55 AM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Originally Posted by: TwoSevenThreeOne Go to Quoted Post

That's great news, congratulations! It was a phone call, huh? I was expecting an email or an update on my online portal. Guess I'll keep my phone close to me the next few days!
BrickAgent  
#1056 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2021 5:54:49 AM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

That's great news, congratulations! It was a phone call, huh? I was expecting an email or an update on my online portal. Guess I'll keep my phone close to me the next few days!

What's the start date of the August class?
tamvid11  
#1057 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2021 6:45:53 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

What's the start date of the August class?

August 1st - Dec 22nd
COmtbr  
#1058 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2021 6:54:39 AM(UTC)
COmtbr

Hey guys. Got my M&G scheduled for mid mid July. I applied about 2 weeks ago so I'm cautiously hopeful with the speed thus far. With that being said, I've looked over the info for the M&G and it seems like its just a lot of information sharing. I am ranked after the M&G correct? What can I do at the M&G to ensure I give myself the best chance at being competitive? Should I just be prepared to answer any questions regarding my resume? Any tips / recommendations that ARE ALLOWED would be greatly appreciated. I'm also looking to go the TRP route, I bring this up at the M&G correct?

What is the ranking system? I've read / heard its 'most competitive, competitive, not competitive' and they only move 'most competitive' to P2. Is that true?

And as always, congrats to those of you who are classing up soon. Hope to be in your shoes in the future!
App: 6/21
P1: 6/21
M&G: 7/21
PII W: 8/21
PII I: 9/21
CAO: 9/21
Poly: Pending

debellil  
#1059 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2021 9:26:56 AM(UTC)
debellil

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey guys. I just heard from medical with all the info I need to follow up with. One of them is for me to get an eye exam and get the FAA Form 8500-7 filled out along with a contact lens form. Does everyone who wears glasses have to get this? My corrected vision is 20/20 and my medical exam showed that. I also have only worn contacts for my wedding and don’t plan on continuing to wear them. Just a little annoyed that I have to go back to the eye doctor (and pay for it), when I just went for my annual exam last month.
Annino  
#1060 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2021 9:57:21 AM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: debellil Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys. I just heard from medical with all the info I need to follow up with. One of them is for me to get an eye exam and get the FAA Form 8500-7 filled out along with a contact lens form. Does everyone who wears glasses have to get this? My corrected vision is 20/20 and my medical exam showed that. I also have only worn contacts for my wedding and don’t plan on continuing to wear them. Just a little annoyed that I have to go back to the eye doctor (and pay for it), when I just went for my annual exam last month.

It's standard. If you test >20/100 uncorrected at your medical, you will have to get the form signed by a doc. It basically tells the FBI that you are using glasses/contacts to correct to 20/20 and that you have no issues doing so.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed