Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tajin  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2021 5:24:59 PM(UTC)
Tajin

Groups: Registered
United States

Does anyone know if the DIA will work with you on assigning you or your spouse (military side) close together? For example, if my husband is stationed in Hawaii through orders not affiliated with DIA (and hypothetically people in my job field work at said location), do they work with you to get you closer to your spouse or is it just a “Sorry, good luck” thing?

I’m currently in HI and he’s up for orders. Unfortunately he can’t go to DC this time around because there are no ships there lol. Just trying to plan ahead.

Thanks!
someoldguy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 12:33:42 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1002 time(s) in 846 post(s)
I dont know of any official program or policy for that. But I do know that sometimes they have a hard time getting people to go to Hawaii because of the high cost of living, so that may be something in your favor.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
Tajin on 6/29/2021(UTC)
IntelPro  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2021 2:27:55 AM(UTC)
IntelPro

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tajin Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if the DIA will work with you on assigning you or your spouse (military side) close together? For example, if my husband is stationed in Hawaii through orders not affiliated with DIA (and hypothetically people in my job field work at said location), do they work with you to get you closer to your spouse or is it just a “Sorry, good luck” thing?

I’m currently in HI and he’s up for orders. Unfortunately he can’t go to DC this time around because there are no ships there lol. Just trying to plan ahead.

Thanks!

In my experience, DIA will not assist with spousal relocation assistance if the significant other is in the military. If both of you were DIA civilians, then yes, they would work to find a vacancy for you or your spouse, which ever is in need of a follow on assignment. What will likely need to occur is your spouse will have to find out where he/she has orders to and then you'll need to apply to an open vacancy at that same location, or work with your current leadership in an attempt to arrange a telework agreement with an installation near your spouse that can support your work.

Regardless, I'd recommend reaching out to HROC to determine your options.

Best of luck!
thanks 1 user thanked IntelPro for this useful post.
Tajin on 6/30/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed