Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Soup 2.0

We encourage your suggestions and ideas for ways we can improve your experience, and welcome feedback. While we are unable to respond to every comment and/or email message, we are listening!

Our user-generated content is extremely valuable to us, but we also recognize the problems that can occur as a result and are steadily working toward improvements. This is the place to share!

Please ONLY post topics here that are related to the FederalSoup interface and user experience. Any topic posted that is not related to the forum interface will be moved to the appropriate forum.

(HINT: If you don't know exactly where your topic fits, post it in the General Conversations forum.)

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ramfan402  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 5, 2021 10:59:35 PM(UTC)
Ramfan402

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Here's an unusual one. I work for an agency with very strict medical requirements and I'm 99% certain I'm about to be DQ'd. I've spoken with the boss and he doesn't see them being able to reassign me. Also, I have an FOL for a completely different agency that does not have this strict medical but it's on the other end of the country. So.... 2 questions:

1. Would I still be offered OPM retirement if I have the FOL or if I turn it down late notice?

2. If this all just happened recently (in the last couple days) would it be better to call the supervisor of the new job and let him know that I have a medical thing that's going to require a good amount of time off right when I get there?

I'm leaning towards wanting to do the retirement option. I hate the idea of coming on board somewhere and immediately dropping the FMLA hammer. That seems messed up to me.
thanks 1 user thanked Ramfan402 for this useful post.
GSBS on 8/3/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed