Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

62 Pages«<2829303132>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Papoose79  
#581 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 5:13:58 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sbalto Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Riverside Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Foggy Go to Quoted Post
Has any of the new hires received an eqip yet? That's the only thing I haven't done in the onboarding process.

Check your spam folder for EQUIP

SF 85 or 86 for the RO position?

I believe it’s the 85

What about if you never had a security clearance, is equip mandatory, how long does equip take to clear and shouldn't the invites be sent out soon since the start date is 8/16???

I got mine a month after starting the position and the interview a month after that. You'll be fine just list EVERYTHING and give an explanation.
Papoose79  
#582 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 5:16:55 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Governmental_Plains Go to Quoted Post
Today I was sent my firm offer letter for the Revenue Officer position. I intend to accept, but I've read here that people have been granted salary matching for this position. I current make $44,500 and am being offered $43,683 ($817 less annually). Is it worth even asking about salary matching? I would like the additional salary, but I don't want to jeopardize my position for $817, especially when I am this close to the finish line.

Thoughts?

I am an internal and my original offer was given with the beginning step of the GS grade. I asked the question about the pay adjustment and the firm offer was adjusted with the correct pay. Just email the question and they'll adjust it later if it's approved.
Papoose79  
#583 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 5:26:42 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: PopCollector Go to Quoted Post
Received a tentative offer last week, submitted on boarding and went through fingerprints. Just waiting on the firm offer. Anyone know if we can request a salary match after signing the firm offer? I was told they would not offer a salary match for the external announcement.

You can ask and explain the pay reduction is a hardship and send over your current pay stubs and they may give you additional steps to match.

If you're a current Federal Employee (both internal and external)there's a rule that they can't pay you less than your current salary unless there's no step to match it.

However as long as you perform at least successful and your not maxed out in GS Grades and steps you'll move to the next GS grade every year. So if you're starting at GS7 you will get GS9 one year and then GS11 the next.
Roxy1  
#584 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 6:25:03 AM(UTC)
Roxy1

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I’m internal and was hired as GS-9 with 8/16 start date for my 3rd location pick. I have spoken with new manger and received email in regards to equipment. I was told by HR you can still receive offers from other locations even after TO was accepted. My 3rd location is just one that is moving fast in the hiring process and snatched me up first and sent offer.
thanks 1 user thanked Roxy1 for this useful post.
RK on 7/16/2021(UTC)
TDnike2189  
#585 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 9:03:49 AM(UTC)
TDnike2189

I got a tentative offer for the Bronx. Two questions I am currently living in Nashville and am planning on moving which address should I put down as my base. I had it listed as a family members in New Jersey. Second, the lady told me there was no negotiating for this role with step. Is this accurate, I thought they would salary match?

Edited by user Friday, July 16, 2021 9:04:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Papoose79  
#586 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 9:21:05 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: TDnike2189 Go to Quoted Post
I got a tentative offer for the Bronx. Two questions I am currently living in Nashville and am planning on moving which address should I put down as my base. I had it listed as a family members in New Jersey. Second, the lady told me there was no negotiating for this role with step. Is this accurate, I thought they would salary match?

Send over your current pay stubs with your request. If you're a current Federal Employee they should do a lateral transfer. If I remember correctly Nashville has a lower locality pay than NY.

I would give them the address you will be at to receive your equipment. Lastly if you have your assigned manager's info contact them for those types of questions. They may be able to assist you if you need more time to move. It's been my experience that most managers do work with you on that.
TDnike2189  
#587 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 9:24:26 AM(UTC)
TDnike2189

Originally Posted by: Papoose79 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TDnike2189 Go to Quoted Post

Send over your current pay stubs with your request. If you're a current Federal Employee they should do a lateral transfer. If I remember correctly Nashville has a lower locality pay than NY.

I would give them the address you will be at to receive your equipment. Lastly if you have your assigned manager's info contact them for those types of questions. They may be able to assist you if you need more time to move. It's been my experience that most managers do work with you on that.

Okay thank you for your response.
I am not a former permanent employee. I was temporary. With the SBA.

Edited by user Friday, July 16, 2021 9:25:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Papoose79  
#588 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 9:29:56 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Governmental_Plains Go to Quoted Post
Today I was sent my firm offer letter for the Revenue Officer position. I intend to accept, but I've read here that people have been granted salary matching for this position. I current make $44,500 and am being offered $43,683 ($817 less annually). Is it worth even asking about salary matching? I would like the additional salary, but I don't want to jeopardize my position for $817, especially when I am this close to the finish line.

Thoughts?

Is this a serious question? Because the RO job is a serious job?

I hoped that that HCO and management would offer jobs to people with some intellectual curiosity. Because you need that to be an investigator.

$817 huh? Well the 43K is the GS-7 pay. In 12 month you’re promoted to A 9 which is 54k-ish. Then 11 which is about 70 ish.

Assuming your current employer offer you health insurance and retirement you’re likely paying a lot out of pocket for it since the ACA basically destroyed employer sponsored care.

Well the IRS picks up about 70% of your premiums for your entire family if you have them.

Further they match your TSP (govt version of a 401k) 100% up to 5% of your salary. And then you start vesting your pension day one also.

So while you may have $31.42 less per pay check you’re getting t much more and a salary boast in 12 and 24 months.

But my honest opinion is you should reject the job.

With all due respect, you shouldn't judge another based on your on personal situation. That small amount of money could be a huge loss for said person's family. Not everyone has that type of financial stability, and I don't believe this type of decision is a reflection of said person's ability to do a great job as a RO.

I am speaking from personal experience as a struggling single parent of 4. Every dime mattered and still does matter, but I guarantee you no one could tell I was really homeless because I separated the 2 and performed my job very well! So $800 less a year may mean nothing to you, but may be EVERYTHING to me.
Papoose79  
#589 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 9:39:38 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: RK Go to Quoted Post
IF WE ACCEPTED A TENTATIVE OFFER FROM ONE LOCATION, DOES IT MEAN OTHER LOCATION IS AUTOMATICALLY DECLINED?
IM HOPING TO GET SAC, CA LOCATION BUT I GOT A TENTATIVE OFFER FROM SOCAL AND THEY ONLY GAVE ME 3 DAYS TO DECIDE..
IDK WHAT TO DO
ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA?

I would accept it just in case, but that's just me. Also don't be afraid to ask the person giving the offer if it's still available. To be honest I think that POD may be full already. Maybe check to see if there's anything closer like Stockton etc. I always accept everything unless it says I have to decline the other locations.

Edited by user Friday, July 16, 2021 2:13:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Papoose79 for this useful post.
RK on 7/16/2021(UTC)
Riverside  
#590 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 10:04:21 AM(UTC)
Riverside

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Roxy1 Go to Quoted Post
I’m internal and was hired as GS-9 with 8/16 start date for my 3rd location pick. I have spoken with new manger and received email in regards to equipment. I was told by HR you can still receive offers from other locations even after TO was accepted. My 3rd location is just one that is moving fast in the hiring process and snatched me up first and sent offer.

Did your manager tell you yet if you'll be working/training remotely from home or on-site at your IRS building location?

scottyd27  
#591 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 10:17:03 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 324 time(s) in 239 post(s)

Did your manager tell you yet if you'll be working/training remotely from home or on-site at your IRS building location?

Offices are still evacuated due to COVID. All training prior to 10/01/2021 will be virtual
OEFVET  
#592 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 10:22:02 AM(UTC)
OEFVET

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Can someone give a brief description of what training would look like? I inquired about pushing my EOD date back, and was given an option and I am just curious how would that work if everyone is starting 2 weeks - 1 month before me?
Benipal  
#593 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 10:42:32 AM(UTC)
Benipal

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I received a T/O this morning. Grade 7 start date 9/13. Has anyone external requested a step match and was granted?
scottyd27  
#594 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 11:23:01 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Originally Posted by: Benipal Go to Quoted Post
I received a T/O this morning. Grade 7 start date 9/13. Has anyone external requested a step match and was granted?

What POD
Benipal  
#595 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 11:34:31 AM(UTC)
Benipal

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Benipal Go to Quoted Post

What POD

Las Vegas, NV
Foggy  
#596 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 12:45:02 PM(UTC)
Foggy

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I received EQIP email a few days ago but still waiting for the registration code email. I’ll post the exact SF form once I log in for those of you that want to prepare the correct information. The email I received said they wanted EQIP done by tomorrow.
scottyd27  
#597 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 12:52:25 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Originally Posted by: Foggy Go to Quoted Post
I received EQIP email a few days ago but still waiting for the registration code email. I’ll post the exact SF form once I log in for those of you that want to prepare the correct information. The email I received said they wanted EQIP done by tomorrow.

Check your spam folder
Roxy1  
#598 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 1:34:36 PM(UTC)
Roxy1

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Remote so far
Papoose79  
#599 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 2:10:55 PM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

We're still doing it from home, and probably will thru this fiscal year, but it may change.
RK  
#600 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 8:47:52 PM(UTC)
RK

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
How do we get in touch with HR personnel a lot of people are talking about for other locations?
I do not remember getting in touch with one specific person other than the one from who interviewed me.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed