Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

52 Pages«<2829303132>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Grace*3  
#581 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2021 5:31:23 AM(UTC)
Grace*3

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: delois62 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Deegs07 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LGIR627 Go to Quoted Post
Is anyone who interviewed on 6/15/21 still waiting for a TO? Thinking I might have missed this hiring round…

I interviewed on 6/7 and haven't heard anything. Feeling the same way.

Keep your head high maybe we hear something back this coming week. If not maybe next time around.

Thanks, keeping my fingers crossed

You are not alone... I'm definitely hoping to hear something this week😊.
delois62  
#582 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2021 5:38:13 AM(UTC)
delois62

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Grace*3 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: glmas Go to Quoted Post
I received a TO yesterday. :) Start date September 13. Interview date 06/29. External. Non-Vet.

Congrats... What POD will you be reporting to?

That is great!!!!
delois62  
#583 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2021 6:07:21 AM(UTC)
delois62

Is anyone who interviewed on 6/15/21 still waiting for a TO? Thinking I might have missed this hiring round…

Keep your head high maybe we hear something back this coming week. If not maybe next time around.

I hope you hear something

Benipal  
#584 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2021 6:32:08 AM(UTC)
Benipal

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)

I hope you hear something

Sending you guys good vibes!
thanks 1 user thanked Benipal for this useful post.
Grace*3 on 7/19/2021(UTC)
lordword84  
#585 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2021 8:27:42 AM(UTC)
lordword84

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Does anyone know if the IRS application tracker (IRS Seeker) will update if you are not selected? Or will you receive an email or anything? The status on my IRS Seeker still says "Referred to Selecting Official. You have answered all the required questions for this grade." It has been at that status since late May (before my interview).

I emailed them asking for an update and they replied "not selected" for a different position and the application has been deleted for my dashboard, hope that helps :)
carlos333  
#586 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2021 10:16:15 AM(UTC)
carlos333

Got a TO email for the BSAE position, announcement 21PHI-SBX0332-0512-7T12, for which I interviewed on 6/15. EOD is 9/13. Does anyone know what happens to other applications for IRA positions if I eventually accept a FO and start this job? The TO is not for the best POD for me, so I do not want to lose the other applications for other programs that are still pending and could have a better POD. I'll try to speak to someone at HR as well.
NSU2016  
#587 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2021 11:13:55 AM(UTC)
NSU2016

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: carlos333 Go to Quoted Post
Got a TO email for the BSAE position, announcement 21PHI-SBX0332-0512-7T12, for which I interviewed on 6/15. EOD is 9/13. Does anyone know what happens to other applications for IRA positions if I eventually accept a FO and start this job? The TO is not for the best POD for me, so I do not want to lose the other applications for other programs that are still pending and could have a better POD. I'll try to speak to someone at HR as well.

If it’s for the same posting and a different POD selects you, they will call and verbally offer to update your location. Once you have actually started the position, you won’t get an offer to go to a different POD. There is always the voluntary relocation or hardship programs to get into the POD you really wanted unless they’re highly desirable.
thanks 1 user thanked NSU2016 for this useful post.
carlos333 on 7/21/2021(UTC)
goldscca  
#588 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 6:33:29 AM(UTC)
goldscca

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I interviewed on 06/15 and haven't heard anything. Two of the locations I applied for are over 10+ hours away from where I currently live and they told me during the interview that the start date was 08/16th so I was getting nervous. I emailed the contact who originally reached out to me to set up my interview. The email I sent said,

"Good Morning,

I interviewed on June 15th for the Revenue Agent Position. I am reaching out to inquire on whether the candidates have already been selected for the August 16th start date. If they haven't, is there a tentative time frame that TO are expected to go out to those who were selected?"

The response I received was, "The tentative offers are coming out in waves and it is being handled by the central hiring office, we do not have control over the tentative offers or the timing. We are in the process of hiring a high number of employees nationwide and this will likely have an impact on the timing of the offers. There are a number of enter on dates throughout the remainder of FY21, if the TO is not made in time for the 8/16/21 start date, then it could still be made for one of the later dates. Again, this is an area that we do not have control over at this time and we are unable to provide an update specific to your application."

I know this isn't much information, but at least those of us who interviewed and haven't been contacted know that it isn't over yet
thanks 6 users thanked goldscca for this useful post.
Grace*3 on 7/21/2021(UTC), TN RA on 7/21/2021(UTC), Lexipooh on 7/21/2021(UTC), gagem025 on 7/22/2021(UTC), Rfts81 on 7/23/2021(UTC), Defense11 on 7/24/2021(UTC)
delois62  
#589 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 12:58:59 PM(UTC)
delois62

Originally Posted by: goldscca Go to Quoted Post
I interviewed on 06/15 and haven't heard anything. Two of the locations I applied for are over 10+ hours away from where I currently live and they told me during the interview that the start date was 08/16th so I was getting nervous. I emailed the contact who originally reached out to me to set up my interview. The email I sent said,

"Good Morning,

I interviewed on June 15th for the Revenue Agent Position. I am reaching out to inquire on whether the candidates have already been selected for the August 16th start date. If they haven't, is there a tentative time frame that TO are expected to go out to those who were selected?"

The response I received was, "The tentative offers are coming out in waves and it is being handled by the central hiring office, we do not have control over the tentative offers or the timing. We are in the process of hiring a high number of employees nationwide and this will likely have an impact on the timing of the offers. There are a number of enter on dates throughout the remainder of FY21, if the TO is not made in time for the 8/16/21 start date, then it could still be made for one of the later dates. Again, this is an area that we do not have control over at this time and we are unable to provide an update specific to your application."

I know this isn't much information, but at least those of us who interviewed and haven't been contacted know that it isn't over yet

That is good information, thank you for posting it.
goldscca  
#590 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2021 9:40:27 AM(UTC)
goldscca

United States

I received my TO today via email. I interviewed June 15th. I am suppose to start September 13th.
thanks 1 user thanked goldscca for this useful post.
gagem025 on 7/22/2021(UTC)
Grace*3  
#591 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2021 9:54:53 AM(UTC)
Grace*3

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I received my TO today via email. I interviewed June 15th. I am suppose to start September 13th.

Congratulations 🎉

What POD are you reporting to? I just wonder if they are hiring in regional waves.

I interviewed June 9. Going on vacation next week. Was hoping to hear something before I left.
sbalto  
#592 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2021 9:57:53 AM(UTC)
sbalto

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)

Congratulations
delois62  
#593 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2021 10:50:44 AM(UTC)
delois62

Originally Posted by: sbalto Go to Quoted Post

Congratulations

Congratulations

ReroReroRero  
#594 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2021 11:42:55 AM(UTC)
ReroReroRero

United States

Does anyone know if the application status will be updated? I haven't heard back but it's still showing as "Referred to Selecting Official"
goldscca  
#595 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2021 11:47:28 AM(UTC)
goldscca

United States

Originally Posted by: ReroReroRero Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if the application status will be updated? I haven't heard back but it's still showing as "Referred to Selecting Official"

when I received the TO email it instructed me to log into USAJobs, click on "track this application" that sent me to the IRS site and in the top left there was a button that said onboarding. That is where I found my TO paperwork. As for the actual status in USA Jobs it still just says, "You applied 03/08/2021"

My location was for Cincinnati
LGIR627  
#596 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2021 11:48:37 AM(UTC)
LGIR627

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Wondering the same thing. I interviewed the week of 6/7 and still holding out hope...
Benipal  
#597 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2021 11:52:15 AM(UTC)
Benipal

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)

My changed to “you’ve been selected” but it changed after I accepted TO
PwCNYC  
#598 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 4:43:39 AM(UTC)
PwCNYC

I’m seeing a lot of ppl getting TO who interviews on or after 6/15.... anyone who applied to east coast POD and interviewed on 6/9 have you heard anything?
Thecoolestacc  
#599 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 6:08:57 AM(UTC)
Thecoolestacc

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PwCNYC Go to Quoted Post
I’m seeing a lot of ppl getting TO who interviews on or after 6/15.... anyone who applied to east coast POD and interviewed on 6/9 have you heard anything?

I interviewed on 6/9 for NJ. Still holding out hope for the TO
RK  
#600 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 8:00:19 AM(UTC)
RK

United States

Socal, No vet, External, Interviewed on June 3, received FIRM OFFER from my 3rd choice July 22nd with only 3 days to accept. My starting date for this POD is August 8/16.

I think I will accept it because i am not sure when i will hear back from my first or second choice.
I am not sure if accepting it will automatically kick me off from being considered for my first and second choice though!
Does anybody know?

Rss Feed  Atom Feed