Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Relocating

Are you considering relocating your federal career - either by your choice or by Uncle Sam? There are practical issues and concerns to think about when deciding whether or not to relocate. Others have done it while still others have not. This forum will allow for all to offer their insight, post their questions, and help each other out.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Losmonroe11  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2021 3:34:35 PM(UTC)
Losmonroe11

Groups: Registered

I am going to be a new fed employee. I received a TO and was just finger printed and waiting on E QIP to arrive. My agency is trying to get my intern clearance. I want to purchase a house prior to moving down. Has anyone used a TO to apply for a mortgage or do you just typically use your old jobs pay stubs for an out of state move/new house? I don’t know if the old pay stubs for an out of state house is a red flag for a mortgage lender or what most people typically do in this situation. I don’t want to rent and then buy bc it’s throwing money away as well as a security deposit with dogs.

FYI I’ve never applied for a mortgage or owned a home before. So this process is all new to me.
GWPDA  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 5:43:20 AM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 567 time(s) in 467 post(s)
This is the kind of question to ask your potential mortgage lender. And it's "interim" clearance.
djp  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 1:16:40 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 174 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Wait till official offer

Thrn talk to a mortgage lender
FatHappyCat  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 10:14:29 AM(UTC)
FatHappyCat

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Losmonroe11 Go to Quoted Post
I am going to be a new fed employee. I received a TO and was just finger printed and waiting on E QIP to arrive. My agency is trying to get my intern clearance. I want to purchase a house prior to moving down. Has anyone used a TO to apply for a mortgage or do you just typically use your old jobs pay stubs for an out of state move/new house? I don’t know if the old pay stubs for an out of state house is a red flag for a mortgage lender or what most people typically do in this situation. I don’t want to rent and then buy bc it’s throwing money away as well as a security deposit with dogs.

FYI I’ve never applied for a mortgage or owned a home before. So this process is all new to me.

I just closed on a mortgage and the underwriter wanted 2 months of pay. They did have a raised eyebrow of my current position which I only help for 6 months at the time, but they also look at your tax returns to see your income trend.

Personally, I wouldn't buy with a TO or even a FO. Anything can happen until you actually swear in...
Rss Feed  Atom Feed