Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

12 Pages«<9101112>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Allsourceguy  
#201 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 7:16:47 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Anyone have any recent updates? last thing I completed was the eye exam over a month ago. Just waiting for the security interview and getting anxious.
GH  
#202 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 7:35:01 AM(UTC)
GH

United States

Originally Posted by: Allsourceguy Go to Quoted Post
Anyone have any recent updates? last thing I completed was the eye exam over a month ago. Just waiting for the security interview and getting anxious.

Had my super interview 6/24, also getting antsy. Was told not to expect any communication for 2-3 months but based on timelines it seems most people hear about a month later so am on edge.
M1keBones  
#203 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 7:40:29 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I completed everything months ago. Home Interview in April. Not a peep since. All I can get from SA Support is that I am still in the process, so I don't know if they are just really backed up or what, but the process has slowed considerably it seems. I know that there were people who did get the call this week though.
Allsourceguy  
#204 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 8:26:07 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

Well I'm pretty sure I F#$ked myself. I was looking through my emails, and realized I sent the Eye exam paperwork to the noreply@secretservice email instead of the one it says to reply to. I just sent them it and told them about the mistake I really hope they don't knock me out of the process. I'm so mad at myself.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 21, 2021 9:30:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

M1keBones  
#205 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 10:18:54 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

Well I'm pretty sure I F#$ked myself. I was looking through my emails, and realized I sent the Eye exam paperwork to the noreply@secretservice email instead of the one it says to reply to. I just sent them it and told them about the mistake I really hope they don't knock me out of the process. I'm so mad at myself.

It happens. I doubt it will cause them to terminate your application. Don't sweat it man.
Allsourceguy  
#206 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 11:20:09 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

Yeah I hope not . It means I didn’t have the paperwork in on time , but time will tell .
Lunaticox  
#207 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 1:16:57 PM(UTC)
Lunaticox

Would someone be so kind as to provide me with their recent timeline?

My status changed to "Under review" about 11 days ago and I have not received the invitation to the SAEE yet. Is this too soon?
M1keBones  
#208 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 5:54:31 PM(UTC)
M1keBones

Originally Posted by: Lunaticox Go to Quoted Post
Would someone be so kind as to provide me with their recent timeline?

My status changed to "Under review" about 11 days ago and I have not received the invitation to the SAEE yet. Is this too soon?

I got the authorization to test email 4 days after getting the email telling me my application was under review for each grade. People's timelines will vary a lot and there are several factors affecting this.

Proteus  
#209 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2021 3:56:37 AM(UTC)
Proteus

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I got my JOA yesterday suddenly (had the SUPER in early June). However, I have two questions: first, the JOA offered me the position at the GL-9 level. But based on the USA Jobs announcement and the payscale for my education level, I think it should be GS-11? On USA Jobs it just says "under review" for that grade, so not sure what that means. Not sure if this is normal and it would be adjusted on a final offer? Second, is there any formal procedure for if I'd like to put the app on "pause" for now? I'm in the hiring process for another position that I'm farther along in and don't really want to waste USSS resources on the BI, etc. if I end up making it through the other hiring process and accepting the other job. Also, if I don't continue at this point (still haven't heard back from USSS support) by failing to submit the eye exam form and letting support know I won't continue in the process, what happens if I reapply in the future? Do I have to do the SUPER again, or do I advance straight to the JOA phase because the test scores are still good?

Edited by user Thursday, July 22, 2021 4:10:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Allsourceguy  
#210 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2021 5:34:22 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

Originally Posted by: M1keBones Go to Quoted Post

It happens. I doubt it will cause them to terminate your application. Don't sweat it man.

Thanks for the emotional support Mike lol.

Just received the email this morning to start me Eqip.

thanks 1 user thanked Allsourceguy for this useful post.
M1keBones on 7/22/2021(UTC)
M1keBones  
#211 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2021 7:39:29 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
I got my JOA yesterday suddenly (had the SUPER in early June). However, I have two questions: first, the JOA offered me the position at the GL-9 level. But based on the USA Jobs announcement and the payscale for my education level, I think it should be GS-11? On USA Jobs it just says "under review" for that grade, so not sure what that means. Not sure if this is normal and it would be adjusted on a final offer? Second, is there any formal procedure for if I'd like to put the app on "pause" for now? I'm in the hiring process for another position that I'm farther along in and don't really want to waste USSS resources on the BI, etc. if I end up making it through the other hiring process and accepting the other job. Also, if I don't continue at this point (still haven't heard back from USSS support) by failing to submit the eye exam form and letting support know I won't continue in the process, what happens if I reapply in the future? Do I have to do the SUPER again, or do I advance straight to the JOA phase because the test scores are still good?

1) They will send separate conditional offers for each grade you qualify at. If it says "under review" for the GS-11, you're still being considered. It will say "application received" for any grade you aren't being considered for.

2) If you want to pause the application, call SA Support and let them know. They never respond to emails in my experience. When I called them though, I managed to get someone on the line.

3) If you pause or withdraw now, you won't repeat the SUPER. SUPER and SAEE are good indefinitely unless they format for either changes according the language in the current announcement on USA Jobs.

Edited by user Thursday, July 22, 2021 7:40:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proteus  
#212 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2021 9:08:25 AM(UTC)
Proteus

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post

1) They will send separate conditional offers for each grade you qualify at. If it says "under review" for the GS-11, you're still being considered. It will say "application received" for any grade you aren't being considered for.

2) If you want to pause the application, call SA Support and let them know. They never respond to emails in my experience. When I called them though, I managed to get someone on the line.

3) If you pause or withdraw now, you won't repeat the SUPER. SUPER and SAEE are good indefinitely unless they format for either changes according the language in the current announcement on USA Jobs.

Thanks so much! I sent you a PM just to ask something more specific since it sounds like you are far more knowledgeable on this than I am.
Allsourceguy  
#213 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 4:08:32 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

Update: Just Submitted the E-Qip 7/25.

I know they provided me the Eye exam paperwork again in the packet. Did any receive this as well and paid for multiple eye exams? MikeBones did you? thanks
M1keBones  
#214 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 6:19:25 PM(UTC)
M1keBones

I know they provided me the Eye exam paperwork again in the packet. Did any receive this as well and paid for multiple eye exams? MikeBones did you? thanks

I received it with the the E-Qip packet (for a 2nd time) as well. I initially got it along with the email for the SUPER and they told me that I don't need to re-do it when it came with the E-Qip. Upload your initial Eye Exam Report.
Allsourceguy  
#215 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2021 4:51:57 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

I received it with the the E-Qip packet (for a 2nd time) as well. I initially got it along with the email for the SUPER and they told me that I don't need to re-do it when it came with the E-Qip. Upload your initial Eye Exam Report.

Thanks man that answers it. how long did you have until the security interview after EQIP? I'm excited to see how it goes since I already have a TS/SCI so it should be a reinvestigation ideally.

M1keBones  
#216 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2021 5:19:29 PM(UTC)
M1keBones

Thanks man that answers it. how long did you have until the security interview after EQIP? I'm excited to see how it goes since I already have a TS/SCI so it should be a reinvestigation ideally.

I got my Welcome to E-Qip email on December 31st and the FO emailed me the next day to schedule my S.I. for January 6th. The turnaround was very fast and I didn't have an active clearance at the time.
Allsourceguy  
#217 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 3:39:31 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

FYI for all applicants id suggest you pull a credit report and take care of any delinquent items on there early on!
I received a email yesterday stating I needed to get a couple things taken care of before I can move on in the process. I thought the two things were no longer on my credit report but it was easy and much faster to just pay them off none the less.
Allsourceguy  
#218 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 10:12:39 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

Update again. Received my invite for the security interview. three days away lol .
GH  
#219 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 10:37:34 AM(UTC)
GH

United States

Update again. Received my invite for the security interview. three days away lol .

About 4 days between eqip and SI invite? What did your timeline look like once you received a COE? I had my SUPER 6/24, still waiting to hear back on it.
Allsourceguy  
#220 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 4:28:43 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

4/1/2021 SAEE
4/23/2021 SUPER
6/14 COE
6/18 completed eye exam and sent paperwork over.
7/18 finished EQIP
7/29 security interview invite
8/2 is my security interview.

Seems to be around a month between steps. how much time was between your security interviews and Poly ? any info on the security interview? was it just going over the eqip and investigation info?

Edited by user Friday, July 30, 2021 4:48:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed