Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

60 Pages«<3132333435>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sbalto  
#641 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 3:58:07 PM(UTC)
sbalto

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Benipal Go to Quoted Post

Fingerprints were done July 7 and I received my firm offer on July 14th. In your tentative offer package, the fingerprint application should have stated 7 years.

Oh, I meant on the e-qip, isn’t that the same as form SF85?

Oh I just did equip today and it goes back 7 years
thanks 1 user thanked sbalto for this useful post.
Benipal on 7/23/2021(UTC)
Nick777  
#642 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 6:14:11 PM(UTC)
Nick777

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Candidate84 Go to Quoted Post
Just received notice that I am Ineligible. First thing I have heard since the assessments in April. Any advice on appealing? I am a vet with nine years of anti-money laundering investigations experience and only a bachelors degree. I am very disappointed. Thank you.

There is going to be another hiring in December you can reapply

Scotty, do you mean that the announcement will come out in December, and is it a mass hiring for internals and externals again?

Thanks

scottyd27  
#643 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 4:55:21 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 226 post(s)
It’s. Mass hiring on FY22. Probably for both internals and externals
AUSC99  
#644 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 3:29:38 PM(UTC)
AUSC99

United States

If I get selected at grade 9, how long it would take, on average, to the promotion potential grade 11? Thanks for all the information from this forum!
Papoose79  
#645 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 4:16:47 PM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AUSC99 Go to Quoted Post
If I get selected at grade 9, how long it would take, on average, to the promotion potential grade 11? Thanks for all the information from this forum!

I was told a year, and I was already a GS9; which means they can make me an 11 at any time.

Edited by user Saturday, July 24, 2021 4:17:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Papoose79 for this useful post.
AUSC99 on 7/24/2021(UTC)
scottyd27  
#646 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 5:17:48 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Assuming you are a good trainee and get a ‘meets fully successful’ on your review 1 year
scottyd27  
#647 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 5:18:56 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Originally Posted by: Papoose79 Go to Quoted Post

I was told a year, and I was already a GS9; which means they can make me an 11 at any time.

You won’t get promoted to 11 until after you complete your training year.

11 is the journey level
thanks 1 user thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
AUSC99 on 7/24/2021(UTC)
TDnike2189  
#648 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 5:23:50 PM(UTC)
TDnike2189

I just finished my fingerprinting and photo. This question may have already been answered but what does a "meets fully successful" trainee look like. How many people meet this and how many people don't. I am just curious if the IRS is hiring more people than necessary and planning on cutting some after a year or is that not a characteristic of the IRS. I know by some this would be considered a bit unscrupulous but I have seen it many times with reputable companies. The alternative I would ask is are they looking to keep everyone and ideally everyone is successful.

Thank you in advance
scottyd27  
#649 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 5:30:46 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Originally Posted by: TDnike2189 Go to Quoted Post
I just finished my fingerprinting and photo. This question may have already been answered but what does a "meets fully successful" trainee look like. How many people meet this and how many people don't. I am just curious if the IRS is hiring more people than necessary and planning on cutting some after a year or is that not a characteristic of the IRS. I know by some this would be considered a bit unscrupulous but I have seen it many times with reputable companies. The alternative I would ask is are they looking to keep everyone and ideally everyone is successful.

Thank you in advance

Unless you’re a complete and total moron utterly in capable of the most basic financial analysis that refuses to listen to and follow the most basic instruction of your manager and OJI you will get a ‘meets’.

The RO position is so short staffed they’d rather have an idiot sitting in a chair than no one.

There will be people that get washed out or quit but it’s minimal.

In April there were less than 2000 field ROs. We need at easy 5000.
Papoose79  
#650 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 6:06:13 PM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

11 is the journey level

I know but it can be done since TIG has already been met. But yes I am aware of the 1 year; however I am still applying for ANY at GS11!
Papoose79  
#651 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 6:16:06 PM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Thank you in advance

Believe it or not, it's hard to fire anyone after they're hired! I've only seen it once and she was late EVERY single day for the entire season, and did subpar work!
scottyd27  
#652 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 7:01:14 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Thank you in advance

Believe it or not, it's hard to fire anyone after they're hired! I've only seen it once and she was late EVERY single day for the entire season, and did subpar work!

Not had to fire a trainee. Not at all.
teeeeej  
#653 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 9:16:21 AM(UTC)
teeeeej

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 61 post(s)

11 is the journey level

I know but it can be done since TIG has already been met. But yes I am aware of the 1 year; however I am still applying for ANY at GS11!

You need the specialized experience. You don't have that until you work the job for a year.
Papoose79  
#654 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 9:49:30 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: teeeeej Go to Quoted Post

11 is the journey level

You need the specialized experience. You don't have that until you work the job for a year.

I have lots of experience AND education behind me. And I am not just speaking about RO/RA/TCO. I am speaking all available. I also have a degree in Paralegal Studies with over 20 years legal experience. Those jobs come in at GS9 and GS11, and there's a few IRS positions for that lately.

But yes I know I probably won't get GS11 RO for a year.
scottyd27  
#655 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 10:06:29 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

They can’t make you a journey level RO in the training g year.

Journey level means you’re able to work independently.

The IRM hasn’t changed since the service made 11 the journey level. So technically 9s can sign their own levies and such.

None of my trainees coming in at 9 will be allow e to.
Papoose79  
#656 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 10:35:09 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

The IRM hasn’t changed since the service made 11 the journey level. So technically 9s can sign their own levies and such.

I am not saying they will; however I am eligible. FYI in my opinion we ARE self training right now. I am not new to the IRS or Government hiring practices. Btw I have seen some that qualified for the journey level based on TIG get it after their mid-year review. So while I don't dispute you're correct, don't be so dismissive of my claim.

For the record I qualify for other GS11 positions, not just RO. Now if they open the GS11 RO recruitment and it doesn't specifically specify OJI or like title, then yes I and other non 1 year Trainees can qualify with "education AND experience," as per most announcements.

At the end of the day if you think you qualify for something go for it no matter what. Again, I am not specifically speaking about newly hired ROs moving up journey level prior to putting in that 1 year; I am speaking about any position that a person think they may like.

Lastly, the only suggestion I would make to ANY/EVERY one that are brand new is to complete your probation in said position before moving on, and that's usually a year anyway.

Ok now I'm done with these blogs!

Edited by user Sunday, July 25, 2021 10:36:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

teeeeej  
#657 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 11:28:41 AM(UTC)
teeeeej

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 61 post(s)

I am not saying they will; however I am eligible. FYI in my opinion we ARE self training right now. I am not new to the IRS or Government hiring practices. Btw I have seen some that qualified for the journey level based on TIG get it after their mid-year review. So while I don't dispute you're correct, don't be so dismissive of my claim.

For the record I qualify for other GS11 positions, not just RO. Now if they open the GS11 RO recruitment and it doesn't specifically specify OJI or like title, then yes I and other non 1 year Trainees can qualify with "education AND experience," as per most announcements.

At the end of the day if you think you qualify for something go for it no matter what. Again, I am not specifically speaking about newly hired ROs moving up journey level prior to putting in that 1 year; I am speaking about any position that a person think they may like.

Lastly, the only suggestion I would make to ANY/EVERY one that are brand new is to complete your probation in said position before moving on, and that's usually a year anyway.

To qualify for a GS11 on education, you need a PhD. To qualify on experience, you would need one year of specialized experience equivalent to GS9 for the specific duties of the job you are applying for. It's great that you already have TIG in another series, but it doesn't matter without the specific experience, and once you are on the job for a year, you'll have the TIG anyway.
Papoose79  
#658 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 12:08:06 PM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: teeeeej Go to Quoted Post

To qualify for a GS11 on education, you need a PhD. To qualify on experience, you would need one year of specialized experience equivalent to GS9 for the specific duties of the job you are applying for. It's great that you already have TIG in another series, but it doesn't matter without the specific experience, and once you are on the job for a year, you'll have the TIG anyway.

There's an option that says "combination of experience and education" which can be met with 6 months in experience and at least 12 to 18 months of education. Btw I am in a JD program so that could work. Trust me I know how to read an interpret those job requirements just fine!

And of course a non federal employee or anyone that has to complete probation SHOULD do so for many reasons, and not just to meet TIG!

Now I am not suggesting this position isn't a good one, because if I thought that, I would not have accepted it. But my personal career goal isn't just to be complacent in just one position with littletono growth, but instead to have continuous career growth because my retirement depends on it!

Lastly, congratulations to all that have made the cut this round!! Enjoy the ride and don't get discouraged! So far everything has been pretty good.

I hope this training will get a little more personable when time permits, but until then enjoy and ask many questions till you're comfortable with what you're doing. Don't allow anyone's cynicism deter you from becoming the greatest you can in whatever position you're in.

Happy Sunday y'all!
thanks 1 user thanked Papoose79 for this useful post.
sbalto on 7/25/2021(UTC)
luckydevil  
#659 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 12:08:30 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Hey all,

I just applied last week for this position, how long did it take you guys to receive the assessment after applying?

I’m a reinstatement eligible applicant

Thanks
scottyd27  
#660 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 1:47:34 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

It’ll take a bit
thanks 1 user thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
luckydevil on 7/25/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed