Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

52 Pages«<3233343536>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jade620  
#661 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 2:52:22 PM(UTC)
Jade620

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Hey all,

I just applied last week for this position, how long did it take you guys to receive the assessment after applying?

I’m a reinstatement eligible applicant

Thanks

Hello All and to Luckydevil,

I am reapplying from 2019. I interviewed, but was unable to take the position at that time so...starting over. Scottd27 is an AMAZING resource on here along with some others and are super supportive going through the process. I can tell you from my experience it certainly is very near a year long process. At least 8 months to get to the interview.
I applied Jan 11th and it took about 7 weeks from application date to receiving the invite to take the ROSA (2/27). Then another 7 weeks approx., to get the ROSA results (4/15). Then another 4 months to get the interview - 8/9 interview date. I am in the Midwest now but possibly moving end of year/top of next.
If this timeline holds near true-I know the Fed does everything on a deadline and not before, so they don't move fast- we have about that long until we hope to interview. Of course, this all depends on many factors or changes internally. I am an outsider. I simply went through this process before, but as I state, Scottd27 is a wealth of knowledge that I know of from reading (plus he answered all of my questions) and some others; very helpful. So I keep kicking my self thinking I could have been 2 years in now.
Keep posting though and let everyone know your steps if you care to. I will do the same and good luck :-) Hope I was helpful. Others here may have a different timeline/timeframe in the past year though.

Edited by user Sunday, July 25, 2021 3:05:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Jade620 for this useful post.
luckydevil on 7/29/2021(UTC)
Jade620  
#662 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 2:55:38 PM(UTC)
Jade620

United States

Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post
It’ll take a bit

Scottd27 or anyone- do you have any idea or are you at liberty to share if you know, the possible, next class start dates for the post closing date 7/27? Just wondering if that is known or what kind of start date it might be. Would any training be electronically done with COVID-19 and/or the Delta variant kicking up? or that is all TBD? Sorry to bombard you; just looking for any insight.
sbalto  
#663 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 3:10:03 PM(UTC)
sbalto

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SaintGina711 Go to Quoted Post
Hey all,

I just applied last week for this position, how long did it take you guys to receive the assessment after applying?

Thanks

I am reapplying from 2019. I interviewed, but was unable to take the position at that time so...starting over. Scottd27 is an AMAZING resource on here along with some others and are super supportive going through the process. I can tell you from my experience it certainly is very near a year long process. At least 8 months to get to the interview.
I applied Jan 11th and it took about 7 weeks from application date to receiving the invite to take the ROSA (2/27). Then another 7 weeks approx., to get the ROSA results (4/15). Then another 4 months to get the interview - 8/9 interview date. I am in the Midwest now but possibly moving end of year/top of next.
If this timeline holds near true-I know the Fed does everything on a deadline and not before, so they don't move fast- we have about that long until we hope to interview. Of course, this all depends on many factors or changes internally. I am an outsider. I simply went through this process before, but as I state, Scottd27 is a wealth of knowledge that I know of from reading (plus he answered all of my questions) and some others; very helpful. So I keep kicking my self thinking I could have been 2 years in now.
Keep posting though and let everyone know your steps if you care to. I will do the same and good luck :-) Hope I was helpful. Others here may have a different timeline/timeframe in the past year though.

I applied in March 2021. Interview May 11, 2021. TO June 30 and firm offer July 8th.
thanks 1 user thanked sbalto for this useful post.
Jade620 on 7/25/2021(UTC)
Jade620  
#664 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 3:18:32 PM(UTC)
Jade620

United States

Originally Posted by: sbalto Go to Quoted Post
Hey all,

Thanks

I applied in March 2021. Interview May 11, 2021. TO June 30 and firm offer July 8th.

Thanks SBalto- Your timeline is pretty quick. That's great. Are you external or internal if I may ask?
sbalto  
#665 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 3:34:29 PM(UTC)
sbalto

Hey all,

Thanks

Thanks SBalto- Your timeline is pretty quick. That's great. Are you external or internal if I may ask?

External
sbalto  
#666 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 3:35:29 PM(UTC)
sbalto

Hey all,

Thanks

External
Ufb789  
#667 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 3:43:39 PM(UTC)
Ufb789

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just had my interview last week and it went well! Anyone know how long training is?

I believe I read 9 weeks on here, just wondering if anything had changed!
teeeeej  
#668 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 3:47:45 PM(UTC)
teeeeej

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ufb789 Go to Quoted Post
Just had my interview last week and it went well! Anyone know how long training is?

9 weeks?!?!? Isn't it like 2 years?
Ufb789  
#669 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 3:59:55 PM(UTC)
Ufb789

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: teeeeej Go to Quoted Post

Maybe it was for something else! I'm asking about the RO position.
teeeeej  
#670 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 4:18:32 PM(UTC)
teeeeej

Originally Posted by: teeeeej Go to Quoted Post

Maybe it was for something else! I'm asking about the RO position.

My understanding is that the RO training phase is rather extensive. I highly doubt it's only 9 weeks. Maybe 9 weeks for classroom and then several months for OJT?
thanks 1 user thanked teeeeej for this useful post.
Ufb789 on 7/25/2021(UTC)
Papoose79  
#671 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 4:43:05 PM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 53 post(s)

It's a year of training in phases.
scottyd27  
#672 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 5:51:38 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 293 time(s) in 219 post(s)

You are in training for a year. There are 12weeks of class room training 40 weeks of OJT
thanks 1 user thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
sbalto on 7/26/2021(UTC)
sbalto  
#673 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 3:28:29 AM(UTC)
sbalto

Hey all,

Thanks

I'm external
Papoose79  
#674 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 5:38:36 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

I can honestly say they have been moving faster on the certs for positions with mass hiring.

I applied to the one that closed in March 2021, Interviewed toward the end of March 2021, Hired in April 2021 and started June 2021.

I would say give it about 4 months from start to finish. I believe the RO/RA/TCO position are trying to hire as many as they, and the fact they are trying to improve on old hiring time line practices. That and the fact they're trying to meet EOD training date time lines.

But in the past it has been 8 to 12 months!

Edited by user Monday, July 26, 2021 5:40:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Papoose79 for this useful post.
Jade620 on 7/26/2021(UTC), luckydevil on 7/29/2021(UTC)
Jade620  
#675 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 6:44:50 AM(UTC)
Jade620

United States

Originally Posted by: Papoose79 Go to Quoted Post
I can honestly say they have been moving faster on the certs for positions with mass hiring.

I applied to the one that closed in March 2021, Interviewed toward the end of March 2021, Hired in April 2021 and started June 2021.

I would say give it about 4 months from start to finish. I believe the RO/RA/TCO position are trying to hire as many as they, and the fact they are trying to improve on old hiring time line practices. That and the fact they're trying to meet EOD training date time lines.

Thanks for that information and I did notice that the passed year people have had about half the timeline, which is great. It did take 8 months the last time I went through this just to get to an interview so I am glad that this has improved.
Papoose79  
#676 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 7:50:51 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Thanks for that information and I did notice that the passed year people have had about half the timeline, which is great. It did take 8 months the last time I went through this just to get to an interview so I am glad that this has improved.

They need more people ASAP! Truthfully it shouldn't take as long as it has in the past, but I'm glad it's improving!
OEFVET  
#677 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 11:21:16 AM(UTC)
OEFVET

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hey all,

Thanks

What is your EOD?
VolksPrin  
#678 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2021 10:18:31 AM(UTC)
VolksPrin

United States

For the RO's on the thread: After the year long training how soon can you request a transfer to another location? I accepted the RO position 2 weeks ago in one of the Gulf States locations
Papoose79  
#679 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2021 10:51:26 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: VolksPrin Go to Quoted Post
For the RO's on the thread: After the year long training how soon can you request a transfer to another location? I accepted the RO position 2 weeks ago in one of the Gulf States locations

I am a new RO, but not new to the IRS, so I don't know for sure.

I would say maybe a year or 2. I find it easier to just apply in that area next year and you'll probably get picked up faster than requesting a transfer!
thanks 1 user thanked Papoose79 for this useful post.
VolksPrin on 7/27/2021(UTC)
teeeeej  
#680 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2021 11:18:20 AM(UTC)
teeeeej

Originally Posted by: VolksPrin Go to Quoted Post

I am a new RO, but not new to the IRS, so I don't know for sure.

I would say maybe a year or 2. I find it easier to just apply in that area next year and you'll probably get picked up faster than requesting a transfer!

The Voluntary Relocation Program requires an "Exceeds Fully Successful" rating (Nobody in training is going to get that), AND you cannot have received a new appointment or have been competitive selected within the past 2 years.

If you are accepting a job somewhere that you don't want to be, you have to be willing to be there for a while.

The good news is that IRS doesn't seem to care when you bounce around positions - I'm on my 3rd position in less than 2 years and I continue to get emails asking if I want to interview for some other thing that I forgot I applied for.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 27, 2021 11:19:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed