Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Labor

The Department of Labor fosters and promotes the welfare of the job seekers, wage earners, and retirees of the United States by improving their working conditions, advancing their opportunities for profitable employment, protecting their retirement and health care benefits, helping employers find workers, strengthening free collective bargaining, and tracking changes in employment, prices, and other national economic measurements.

In carrying out this mission, the Department administers a variety of Federal labor laws including those that guarantee workers' rights to safe and healthful working conditions; a minimum hourly wage and overtime pay; freedom from employment discrimination; unemployment insurance; and other income support. (DOL's mission statement)

Perhaps you are working for the DOL or interested in working for the DOL. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DOL.

6 Pages«<3456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
foreverwaiting  
#81 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2021 6:14:58 PM(UTC)
foreverwaiting

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I got called for the NY location!! My start date is early August, going in sometime this week to do fingerprinting. We NYC hires should start a study group or something.
Sushi90!  
#82 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2021 6:28:34 PM(UTC)
Sushi90!

United States

Originally Posted by: foreverwaiting Go to Quoted Post
I got called for the NY location!! My start date is early August, going in sometime this week to do fingerprinting. We NYC hires should start a study group or something.

I still haven’t heard back yet.

foreverwaiting  
#83 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2021 5:24:07 AM(UTC)
foreverwaiting

United States

There seem to be different start dates for people, maybe they are not done hiring yet.

Just an update: I went to do my fingerprints/photo and the gentleman who assisted me stated "I heard the claims examiner position is highly stressful."
I was caught off guard and just laughed. He then said, "I'll check on you in 3 months."

Uhhh I don't know what he meant by that, maybe he was trying to warn me, high turnover perhaps? I'm not excited anymore.....
CharlieGuy  
#84 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2021 7:10:58 AM(UTC)
CharlieGuy

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
All of my e-QIP information is in and under review... going in for fingerprinting and badging this week. Just waiting on signing final offer!
CharlieGuy  
#85 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2021 7:12:38 AM(UTC)
CharlieGuy

United States

There seem to be different start dates for people, maybe they are not done hiring yet.

Just an update: I went to do my fingerprints/photo and the gentleman who assisted me stated "I heard the claims examiner position is highly stressful."
I was caught off guard and just laughed. He then said, "I'll check on you in 3 months."

Uhhh I don't know what he meant by that, maybe he was trying to warn me, high turnover perhaps? I'm not excited anymore.....

It does seem to have a high turnover; however, if you are very familiar with insurance industry then you won't have any issues. We are used to a high stress load.

People who have no insurance background I hear are pretty much screwed and usually leave.
foreverwaiting  
#86 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2021 7:32:30 PM(UTC)
foreverwaiting

United States

I'm sure having an insurance background definitely gives you a leg up in this job. They hired a big batch of recent grads for this job, I don't think all of them will fail and leave.
CharlieGuy  
#87 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2021 10:23:42 AM(UTC)
CharlieGuy

United States

I'm sure having an insurance background definitely gives you a leg up in this job. They hired a big batch of recent grads for this job, I don't think all of them will fail and leave.

I'm just saying this is why there is high turnover. An experienced insurance individual is used to the heavy stress load of the industry. It's just the nature of the "beast." Anything insurance is a taxing job. A recent grad is "thrown in with the wolves."

Edited by user Thursday, July 15, 2021 10:24:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Spazilton  
#88 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2021 6:27:59 PM(UTC)
Spazilton

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Not exactly sure why none of my quick replies seem to be getting posted. I got a start date Aug 1, got told on boarding process is all remote from home, they are sending me a laptop and other IT stuff. My final offer letter email clearly states that I am NOT to report to the office, and will be given additional guidance later on.

I have not been sent for badging or fingerprinting yet.
CharlieGuy  
#89 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 9:27:34 AM(UTC)
CharlieGuy

United States

Originally Posted by: Spazilton Go to Quoted Post
Not exactly sure why none of my quick replies seem to be getting posted. I got a start date Aug 1, got told on boarding process is all remote from home, they are sending me a laptop and other IT stuff. My final offer letter email clearly states that I am NOT to report to the office, and will be given additional guidance later on.

That's interesting! I only got a tentative offer; however, I got my badging and fingerprinting done the other day!

How long did it take for the background check to clear?
Spazilton  
#90 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 5:29:27 PM(UTC)
Spazilton

United States

Originally Posted by: CharlieGuy Go to Quoted Post

That's interesting! I only got a tentative offer; however, I got my badging and fingerprinting done the other day!

How long did it take for the background check to clear?

I actually have no idea. There was a huge delay in getting my transcript verified. It took almost 3 weeks. Once that was resolved I got my final offer same day.If I had to guess a couple weeks.
Sushi90!  
#91 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2021 7:02:59 AM(UTC)
Sushi90!

United States

Does anyone have any updates? I still don't know my status.
CharlieGuy  
#92 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 2:32:41 PM(UTC)
CharlieGuy

United States

I got my final offer the other day; however, they didn't give me anything to sign... which I thought was odd. They just sent me a welcome letter. I don't feel like anything's "official" until I get my signature on it. Oh well... I'm going to be giving my current employer a two week notice next week, so nothing better happen LOL
Spazilton  
#93 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 9:05:39 AM(UTC)
Spazilton

United States

I got my final offer the other day; however, they didn't give me anything to sign... which I thought was odd. They just sent me a welcome letter. I don't feel like anything's "official" until I get my signature on it. Oh well... I'm going to be giving my current employer a two week notice next week, so nothing better happen LOL

Same here, I just confirmed my final offer verbally over the phone.
thanks 1 user thanked Spazilton for this useful post.
CharlieGuy on 7/23/2021(UTC)
CharlieGuy  
#94 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 4:33:01 PM(UTC)
CharlieGuy

United States

When do you start?
Spazilton  
#95 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 3:49:44 AM(UTC)
Spazilton

United States

When do you start?

8/1, first actual day at work is 8/2.
thanks 1 user thanked Spazilton for this useful post.
CharlieGuy on 7/25/2021(UTC)
Red_Delphino  
#96 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 8:01:45 AM(UTC)
Red_Delphino

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good Morning guys

I ran into another position for federal employees OWCP 7/9/11/12 and OWCP US Citizens 11/12. Check them out here is a link to one of them.

https://www.usajobs.gov/...b/ViewDetails/608611900#

Sushi90!  
#97 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 8:04:54 AM(UTC)
Sushi90!

United States

Originally Posted by: Red_Delphino Go to Quoted Post
Good Morning guys

I ran into another position for federal employees OWCP 7/9/11/12 and OWCP US Citizens 11/12. Check them out here is a link to one of them.

https://www.usajobs.gov/...b/ViewDetails/608611900#

I am so confused by this new opening because I still have no updates whether I was selected or not. So now that they have new openings, I am assuming that I am no longer in the running.

lordword84  
#98 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 8:15:58 AM(UTC)
lordword84

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I did my onboarding yesterday for the VA, Appeals officer, GS11/12, it's 100% remote so I would recommend it if it pops up again on USAjobs, I know people working there already and I only hear good things. Good luck to everybody!
Red_Delphino  
#99 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 8:28:55 AM(UTC)
Red_Delphino

United States

Originally Posted by: Sushi90! Go to Quoted Post

I still haven’t heard back yet.

This is for Longshore the other job was for FECA. Same department now but the specialties are different. If you qualify and you don't have a Final offer, you should apply. It wouldn't hurt.
Red_Delphino  
#100 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 8:30:16 AM(UTC)
Red_Delphino

United States

Originally Posted by: lordword84 Go to Quoted Post
I did my onboarding yesterday for the VA, Appeals officer, GS11/12, it's 100% remote so I would recommend it if it pops up again on USAjobs, I know people working there already and I only hear good things. Good luck to everybody!

I will keep this on my radar for others who are interested in claims. Thanks!!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed