Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

6 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lunaticox  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2021 11:46:15 AM(UTC)
Lunaticox

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

Anyone else applying to the 2022 FBI Collegiate Hiring Initiative? Figure I would open up a thread for the new process and those of us starting soon.

Anyone else from the previous process please feel free to chip in and help.
openmike  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 6:47:27 PM(UTC)
openmike

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Lunaticox Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Anyone else applying to the 2022 FBI Collegiate Hiring Initiative? Figure I would open up a thread for the new process and those of us starting soon.

Anyone else from the previous process please feel free to chip in and help.

To anyone on this thread, make sure to have a solid backup plan and work at a good company while you are going through this process because it is very time-consuming. Please check out the Collegiate Hiring Initiative 2021 thread for you to see what I mean.
Newbie1201  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 5:33:25 AM(UTC)
Newbie1201

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello I just applied. But I am still in the investigation phase from the previous CHI.
FBIDreamPeep  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 6:29:53 AM(UTC)
FBIDreamPeep

United States

Can we apply to other job postings if we are in the Investigation process?
Newbie1201  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 7:02:51 AM(UTC)
Newbie1201

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: FBIDreamPeep Go to Quoted Post
Can we apply to other job postings if we are in the Investigation process?

I was told that we can still apply.
thanks 1 user thanked Newbie1201 for this useful post.
FBIDreamPeep on 8/30/2021(UTC)
Polar*  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 7:47:08 AM(UTC)
Polar*

Originally Posted by: Newbie1201 Go to Quoted Post
Hello I just applied. But I am still in the investigation phase from the previous CHI.

Is there a specific link for the CHI 2022 application or do you apply elsewhere? I'm having a challenging time trying to find it.
Newbie1201  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 7:50:18 AM(UTC)
Newbie1201

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Polar* Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Newbie1201 Go to Quoted Post

Is there a specific link for the CHI 2022 application or do you apply elsewhere? I'm having a challenging time trying to find it.

Its on the fbi page. Click apply and its the one that is labeled students.
thanks 1 user thanked Newbie1201 for this useful post.
Polar* on 8/30/2021(UTC)
cwelsh  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 8:18:31 AM(UTC)
cwelsh

United States

The FBI jobs website link is not working on both of my computers and on different servers. Is anyone else having this issue? It just says potential security risk.
Machi090  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 10:04:22 AM(UTC)
Machi090

United States

Hello everyone,
I am planning to apply to the collegiate hiring initiative for 2022, I am still working on my resume. When you applied did you use a federal resume template?is it required? If so did you also list the FBIs core competencies for each job? And lastly do we have to list all the jobs we have held thus far or only the jobs that pertain to our degrees?
Ramgrad02  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 9:07:04 AM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Machi090 Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,
I am planning to apply to the collegiate hiring initiative for 2022, I am still working on my resume. When you applied did you use a federal resume template?is it required? If so did you also list the FBIs core competencies for each job? And lastly do we have to list all the jobs we have held thus far or only the jobs that pertain to our degrees?

I'm also planning on applying, we do need to make a Fed. resume. The template and a guide to it can be found on the FBI site (not sure exactly where, but check the Special Agent application info section). I'm still working on incorporating the core competencies, not sure whether to include the wording (ie. the competencies) but change up the rest of the sentence or not. I also am trying to find out whether we need to list every job, anyone else know what we should do?
Machi090  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 9:30:24 AM(UTC)
Machi090

United States

Originally Posted by: borntobe Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ramgrad02 Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

I'm also planning on applying, we do need to make a Fed. resume. The template and a guide to it can be found on the FBI site (not sure exactly where, but check the Special Agent application info section). I'm still working on incorporating the core competencies, not sure whether to include the wording (ie. the competencies) but change up the rest of the sentence or not. I also am trying to find out whether we need to list every job, anyone else know what we should do?

I am a part of the 2021 CHI. My resume has every job I have ever had on it, as well as your basic things needed. I passed the background phase and am waiting on a final offer/more interviews.

Did you list all the competencies for each job or a few per job? Must I list all jobs I have over 5 my resume will be quite long......

Ramgrad02  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 9:59:27 AM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

Hello everyone,

I am a part of the 2021 CHI. My resume has every job I have ever had on it, as well as your basic things needed. I passed the background phase and am waiting on a final offer/more interviews.

Thanks for the info! How did you incorporate the core competencies for each job?
openmike  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 10:08:35 AM(UTC)
openmike

United States

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the info! How did you incorporate the core competencies for each job?

Just try to incorporate the core competencies into your one-liners on your resume. But, I would not worry about it. Just polish your resume and cover letter. I did not follow the federal resume template and I submitted a refined version of my resume instead. Same as borntobe, I recently passed my background investigation and I am waiting for my final offer. I applied for the 2021 CHI program.
Ramgrad02  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 10:13:00 AM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

Originally Posted by: openmike Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

Just try to incorporate the core competencies into your one-liners on your resume. But, I would not worry about it. Just polish your resume and cover letter. I did not follow the federal resume template and I submitted a refined version of my resume instead. Same as borntobe, I recently passed my background investigation and I am waiting for my final offer. I applied for the 2021 CHI program.

Thanks, and congrats! Any tips for writing the cover letter? Did you keep it to one page?
Ramgrad02  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 10:43:55 AM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

Anyone know how to add more than one transcript? I transferred last year and my current college doesn't show my grades from the prior one. I tried to merge the files, but the schools have some anti-tampering feature that makes it unofficial/void.
openmike  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 1:00:37 PM(UTC)
openmike

United States

Anyone know how to add more than one transcript? I transferred last year and my current college doesn't show my grades from the prior one. I tried to merge the files, but the schools have some anti-tampering feature that makes it unofficial/void.

I think you can add multiple transcripts on your job application.
MACHI09  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 3:38:04 PM(UTC)
MACHI09

United States

This may sound like a silly follow up question to this, but how do you upload an official transcript. I've been trying to view my "official" transcript from my university's portal but silly them (or me) when I open it the header literally says "not an official transcript". Should I just request an official (sealed) hardcopy transcript mailed to me then scan it into a PDF format?
openmike  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 3:51:10 PM(UTC)
openmike

United States

Originally Posted by: MACHI09 Go to Quoted Post

This may sound like a silly follow up question to this, but how do you upload an official transcript. I've been trying to view my "official" transcript from my university's portal but silly them (or me) when I open it the header literally says "not an official transcript". Should I just request an official (sealed) hardcopy transcript mailed to me then scan it into a PDF format?

As for the transcripts, send the unofficial copy for now because when you are in the middle of the investigation phase, they are going to ask you again for a final, official copy of your college transcript.
Ramgrad02  
#19 Posted : Monday, September 6, 2021 4:51:05 PM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

Anyone else surprised that the 3 non-stem positions (not sure if OST is stem or not) are only available in 4/5 locations? I was under the impression we could apply to all field offices. Looks like I'll only be applying to OST this year.
openmike  
#20 Posted : Monday, September 6, 2021 6:36:37 PM(UTC)
openmike

United States

Anyone else surprised that the 3 non-stem positions (not sure if OST is stem or not) are only available in 4/5 locations? I was under the impression we could apply to all field offices. Looks like I'll only be applying to OST this year.

As I am speaking from experience, please feel free to apply to the positions you want and desire because once you receive a conditional job offer and pass the background investigation, you will be asked by the Bureau to list six preferred job locations for work through a survey and on your profile. After you list and confirm them, those field offices that you chose will reach out to you via email or phone to be offered a job or be selected for a job interview.

Edited by user Monday, September 6, 2021 6:37:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked openmike for this useful post.
Lunaticox on 9/14/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed