Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Navy80  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 6:43:02 AM(UTC)
Navy80

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Does the FBI S/A have the toughest fitness test out of all 1811's? Here are comparisons for the pushups and run for SS, Marshals, and FBI. Thoughts? The FBI spends more time writing and typing than in the field but it appears their fitness test is far more difficult than others.

Secret Service 30-39 years old- RUN
2 points 12:21 to 13:36
3 points 10:48 to 12:20

US Marshals 30-39 RUN
Fair- 12:21 to 13:36
Good-10:48 to 12:20

FBI 23 to 37 years old
3 points- 11:34 to 11:10
4 points- 11:09 to 10:35
5 points- 10:34 to 10:15

Secret Service 30-39 years old-PUSH UPS
2 points 36 to 40
3 points 41 to 49

US Marshals 30-39 PUSH UPS
Fair-24 to 29
Good-30 to 38

FBI 23 to 37 years old
3 points-40-43
4 points- 44-49
5 points- 50-53
M1keBones  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2021 1:49:04 PM(UTC)
M1keBones

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 22 post(s)
The 300M sprint is the sole event that makes the FBI PFT harder than the rest in my opinion. That being said, getting a passing score is not all that hard as long as you train.
Heyguys222  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2021 9:15:16 AM(UTC)
Heyguys222

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I wouldn’t say it’s the hardest. What I think makes it bad is the initial PFT isn’t age adjusted. So someone who is in their mid 30s is held to the same physical standards as someone in their mid 20s which is tough.
Tiny_Fed_69  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2021 12:08:43 PM(UTC)
Tiny_Fed_69

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Yes, I'd say it's the hardest. It has shorter rest times than the next hardest (DEA - they use the same test, but it's 10 minute rests if I remember correctly). They aren't the only ones with the sprint, but definitely the shortest rest times combined with the sprint will hit you hard. But if you're training your sprint and 1.5 mile run together often, it shouldn't be a problem.

Really, the "hardest" part is that the FBI seems to be the only ones who don't have an objective way to measure push-ups. USSS/USMS/ATF/etc use something (a pad) to ensure objective push-up counts. The FBI push-ups are a total ****show in my experience. I saw a guy get completely screwed by how the FBI counts their push-ups. This guy made it to about 20 push-ups, was told that none of them were counting (I thought he wa*****ting them all...very surprising), and then he started carefully going down slow, touching his chest to the ground, and then rising up to lockout and pausing (keeping perfect form). The agent told him he still wasn't touching his chest to the ground and that none of them were counting.

Dude ended up doing 40+ push-ups, but got zero points. Meanwhile, some of the women were doing some of the worst push-ups I've ever seen and struggling to hit 16. But somehow all of their push-ups magically counted. It was absolutely bizarre. Still don't know what to make of it.
CWilliams81  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2021 5:58:39 AM(UTC)
CWilliams81

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tiny_Fed_69 Go to Quoted Post
Yes, I'd say it's the hardest. It has shorter rest times than the next hardest (DEA - they use the same test, but it's 10 minute rests if I remember correctly). They aren't the only ones with the sprint, but definitely the shortest rest times combined with the sprint will hit you hard. But if you're training your sprint and 1.5 mile run together often, it shouldn't be a problem.

Really, the "hardest" part is that the FBI seems to be the only ones who don't have an objective way to measure push-ups. USSS/USMS/ATF/etc use something (a pad) to ensure objective push-up counts. The FBI push-ups are a total ****show in my experience. I saw a guy get completely screwed by how the FBI counts their push-ups. This guy made it to about 20 push-ups, was told that none of them were counting (I thought he wa*****ting them all...very surprising), and then he started carefully going down slow, touching his chest to the ground, and then rising up to lockout and pausing (keeping perfect form). The agent told him he still wasn't touching his chest to the ground and that none of them were counting.

Dude ended up doing 40+ push-ups, but got zero points. Meanwhile, some of the women were doing some of the worst push-ups I've ever seen and struggling to hit 16. But somehow all of their push-ups magically counted. It was absolutely bizarre. Still don't know what to make of it.

How did you feel your pushups were graded? And were they graded by the same person? Just curious.

This is my biggest fear with the FBI - quitting my job and then failing the ridiculously hard PT test because some instructor at the Q is having a bad day.

Edited by user Friday, June 25, 2021 5:59:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

M1keBones  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2021 4:40:58 PM(UTC)
M1keBones

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tiny_Fed_69 Go to Quoted Post

I had no idea ATF used the pad until the day I was taking my PT test with them. I'd been practicing chest to floor pretty much every time I did pushups; when the pad came out, I felt like I could go for a hundred reps. I agree that the FBI's grading of pushups is way too arbitrary. There needs to be an unquestionable, measurable standard for what counts and what doesn't.

Edited by user Friday, June 25, 2021 4:41:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RossD  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2021 12:01:10 PM(UTC)
RossD

Marshals and ATF smoke FBI when it comes to fitness test.
elcamino99  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2021 8:55:29 PM(UTC)
elcamino99

The ATF breaks theirs down by age and the Marshalls do a sit and reach test instead of 300 meter sprint, so I wouldn’t say that’s smoking anything.

Edited by user Friday, August 13, 2021 8:55:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed