Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Brian  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2021 2:49:55 PM(UTC)
Brian

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello everyone,

I have a TS but need I am being considered for a job that requires a TS/SCI. Which I thought I possessed but today found out that my SCI was canceled back in May 2021.

My question is, can the new position pick up my SCI if it was canceled? I wasn't denied or anything like that I just changed jobs.

Does having a SCI just show that I can get another one more easily?

My poly was done last summer (June/July of 2020), so that's recent and I have no knowledge of how the transfer process works. So any input is appreciated.

Thanks!
someoldguy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2021 3:31:28 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1005 time(s) in 849 post(s)
When your investigation was favorably adjudicated you were actually granted "eligibility" for access to SCI. What may have happened is that you no longer required access and were debriefed; however, you may possibly retain that eligibility.

Not sure if that is exactly your situation but it was happening to a lot of people where I used to work and we had less and less business requiring SCI.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
Brian on 8/17/2021(UTC)
Brian  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2021 4:02:50 PM(UTC)
Brian

United States

Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
When your investigation was favorably adjudicated you were actually granted "eligibility" for access to SCI. What may have happened is that you no longer required access and were debriefed; however, you may possibly retain that eligibility.

Not sure if that is exactly your situation but it was happening to a lot of people where I used to work and we had less and less business requiring SCI.

Awesome that's helpful. Do you know if this would prevent me from joining onto another job that requires a TS/SCI. Being that I was granted "eligibility" but no longer needed it.
Exit7A  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 4:01:17 PM(UTC)
Exit7A

United States

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 136 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Brian Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post

Awesome that's helpful. Do you know if this would prevent me from joining onto another job that requires a TS/SCI. Being that I was granted "eligibility" but no longer needed it.

I don't see why not. They will re-evaluate you during the cross over process to see if you meet eligibility requirements for SCI.
That's all I got to say about that.
someoldguy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 2:09:25 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1005 time(s) in 849 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Brian Go to Quoted Post
[Do you know if this would prevent me from joining onto another job that requires a TS/SCI. Being that I was granted "eligibility" but no longer needed it.
It is certainly possible but it depends on a lot of factors, not the least of which is the security office at the company you want to work for. If they can tell HR "yeah we get this person's clearance picked up quickly" that will be a big help.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed