Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

62 Pages«<3839404142>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AllHailTheDead0  
#781 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 8:43:10 AM(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AllHailTheDead0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AllHailTheDead0 Go to Quoted Post
Just received my FO with a start date of 9/27. Originally the TO said the start date would be 12/6. Need to move 4 hrs away to this location and it seems I might not have enough time to get everything ready. Has anyone that has to move for this position talked to HR yet about doing all the online training at their current location before moving to a place that is closer to the POD? Going to email HR about this tomorrow but was just wondering if anyone has had this discussion yet.

Right now you on boarding, phase on OTJ and unit one will be virtual.

Also if you are with 150 mile radius of your POD you don’t have to move.

Depending on thePOD 150 could be 4 hours

Ya I am 220 miles away currently. Emailed HR and they basically said the same thing that I need to be within 150 miles and doing the onboarding/training from my current location will not work. Def don't blame them and they have offered to move the start date back to 12/6. I guess my biggest issue is that there is pretty much no rooms to rent anywhere near my POD, all the suitable ones say either female only or no pets, which I have a 10yr old cocker spaniel. At this point, I am getting pretty worried that I won't be able to find anything since I basically can't afford to live on my own as I do now. Wondering if it's better to just reject the offer completely so they have enough time to find someone else.

EDIT: offer has been rejected, very disappointed things arent going to work out as I know this is a career that I would very much enjoy. If the salary was a bit higher I could have probably made it work but cost of living on the California coast is way to high.

What POD?

Camarillo, Ca
AllHailTheDead0  
#782 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 9:09:19 AM(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0

United States

POD would have been in Camarillo, Ca. Tried to reply and my last post said it needed moderator approval, not sure why that is maybe it had to few words.
sbalto  
#783 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 11:14:11 AM(UTC)
sbalto

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: sbalto Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: OEFVET Go to Quoted Post
Just received my training schedule from my group manager. It feels official now. This has been a longgg process.

I received mines too. There seems to be a couple of long gaps and had me wondering how would the paycheck reflect that. I did see more will come at orientation. It’s going to be very interesting how this online training will play out

We are having our meeting tomorrow, but from what I am hearing from other trainees is that those supposedly aren't gaps, but the start of OJT and it goes until the next phase training.

I received something else and the gaps appears to be filled in so far. What really concerned me is that the laptop arrived yesterday with no email notifying me that it would be arriving and no one had me sign for it. It was pouring down raining, and the box was soaking wet. Thank goodness that the inside was in tact. Just advising everyone to be on the look out for their laptop with no notification.

What was the gaps filled in with? more training?
I received my schedule too and it was same as the one u posted before with the gaps.

Just had laptop setup through IT. In the emails on work laptop, the gaps are being filled in
Riverside  
#784 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 11:30:19 AM(UTC)
Riverside

Just received my training schedule from my group manager. It feels official now. This has been a longgg process.

I received mines too. There seems to be a couple of long gaps and had me wondering how would the paycheck reflect that. I did see more will come at orientation. It’s going to be very interesting how this online training will play out

We are having our meeting tomorrow, but from what I am hearing from other trainees is that those supposedly aren't gaps, but the start of OJT and it goes until the next phase training.

I received something else and the gaps appears to be filled in so far. What really concerned me is that the laptop arrived yesterday with no email notifying me that it would be arriving and no one had me sign for it. It was pouring down raining, and the box was soaking wet. Thank goodness that the inside was in tact. Just advising everyone to be on the look out for their laptop with no notification.

I received my schedule too and it was same as the one u posted before with the gaps.

Just had laptop setup through IT. In the emails on work laptop, the gaps are being filled in

Are the gaps still virtual or any in person?
Ufb789  
#785 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 11:32:43 AM(UTC)
Ufb789

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm hoping for virtual as long as possible to allow me time to change my pod (if possible). I got hired for a POD 90 miles away and the POD in my city is 4 miles away.
Riverside  
#786 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 11:38:46 AM(UTC)
Riverside

Originally Posted by: Ufb789 Go to Quoted Post
I'm hoping for virtual as long as possible to allow me time to change my pod (if possible). I got hired for a POD 90 miles away and the POD in my city is 4 miles away.

Exactly my scenario too...hoping for virtual as long as possible so I can arrange for breaking a lease and moving to a new city...Good Luck!
thanks 1 user thanked Riverside for this useful post.
scottyd27 on 8/19/2021(UTC)
sbalto  
#787 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 11:40:17 AM(UTC)
sbalto

Originally Posted by: Riverside Go to Quoted Post

Are the gaps still virtual or any in person?

So far still virtual
thanks 2 users thanked sbalto for this useful post.
Riverside on 8/18/2021(UTC), Ufb789 on 8/19/2021(UTC)
Ufb789  
#788 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 11:47:47 AM(UTC)
Ufb789

Originally Posted by: Riverside Go to Quoted Post

Exactly my scenario too...hoping for virtual as long as possible so I can arrange for breaking a lease and moving to a new city...Good Luck!

You as well!
thanks 1 user thanked Ufb789 for this useful post.
Riverside on 8/18/2021(UTC)
Foggy  
#789 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 7:34:54 AM(UTC)
Foggy

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Yes the gaps are virtual mostly but there is still some commute. Needed to go in for ID badge pick up and will need to go in soon for something else.
ScottieDutch  
#790 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 2:06:57 PM(UTC)
ScottieDutch

United States

Got a firm offer for my #1 POD! Start date is 9/27.
sbalto  
#791 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 2:08:30 PM(UTC)
sbalto

Originally Posted by: ScottieDutch Go to Quoted Post

Congratulations
scottyd27  
#792 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 2:13:00 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 324 time(s) in 239 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScottieDutch Go to Quoted Post

What POD.
scottyd27  
#793 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 2:16:15 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

You do know you’re not changing PODS for at least 3 years right?

You can’t transfer to a new POD unless it’s a hardship transfer unless you have an ‘exceeds fully successful’ rating.

You aren’t getting an exceeds in your training year. You’ll get a meets or be fired.

And it’s unlikely you’ll get an exceeds in year two.

So you can hope all you want about changin PODS but it isn’t going to happen
Ufb789  
#794 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2021 5:41:39 AM(UTC)
Ufb789

You do know you’re not changing PODS for at least 3 years right?

You can’t transfer to a new POD unless it’s a hardship transfer unless you have an ‘exceeds fully successful’ rating.

You aren’t getting an exceeds in your training year. You’ll get a meets or be fired.

And it’s unlikely you’ll get an exceeds in year two.

So you can hope all you want about changin PODS but it isn’t going to happen

Well I guess I'm going to have to shoot for an "exceeds fully successful" rating! I didn't apply because I was hoping to "meet". If it doesn't happen then so be it but I'm going to put forth my best effort.

I do appreciate all of your helpful information on your replies to everyone, sir!

Thanks,

Edited by user Friday, August 20, 2021 5:43:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scottyd27  
#795 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2021 6:14:13 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

I like your optimism.

You’re OJI will crush your spirit. Don’t worry lol.
thanks 1 user thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
Ufb789 on 8/20/2021(UTC)
Ufb789  
#796 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2021 6:32:12 AM(UTC)
Ufb789

I like your optimism.

You’re OJI will crush your spirit. Don’t worry lol.

I'm looking forward to it!
peach21  
#797 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2021 6:55:57 AM(UTC)
peach21

United States

I was wondering if anyone who BQ'd for Wave 2, has received an email or phone call request for an interview? I received a BQ email one day (Aug. 4th) and the next day (Aug. 5th) I received a BQ email for Wave 2 the next day. I'm just wondering if the Wave 2 process has started.
Galexy  
#798 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2021 7:22:54 AM(UTC)
Galexy

United States

I applied back in June for the RO public announcement. I received BQ email on 8/9 and was contacted for interview on the same day. I interviewed on Tuesday 8/17. The guy said I probably won't hear back until October.... but could be sooner. Onbaording most likely in December.
peach21  
#799 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2021 9:34:30 AM(UTC)
peach21

United States

Originally Posted by: Galexy Go to Quoted Post
I applied back in June for the RO public announcement. I received BQ email on 8/9 and was contacted for interview on the same day. I interviewed on Tuesday 8/17. The guy said I probably won't hear back until October.... but could be sooner. Onbaording most likely in December.

Oh wow. I applied on May 21st. Met qualitfications email on 7/9, and then BQ email 8/4, 8/5. I'm on the east coast, GA to be specific. Where are you? Or what POD?
Galexy  
#800 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2021 9:54:38 AM(UTC)
Galexy

United States

Originally Posted by: peach21 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Galexy Go to Quoted Post

Oh wow. I applied on May 21st. Met qualitfications email on 7/9, and then BQ email 8/4, 8/5. I'm on the east coast, GA to be specific. Where are you? Or what POD?

I am in the New England area. The interview seemed to be only for 1/3 PODs I applied for.
thanks 1 user thanked Galexy for this useful post.
peach21 on 8/20/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed