Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

56 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Phase2WooHoo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 5:19:24 AM(UTC)
Phase2WooHoo

Groups: Registered

Hi people! I'm getting ready to go to Phase 2 testing in early November. I thought it might be useful to start a new thread for those FBI SA applicants who have passed Phase 1 and received invites for Phase 2.

Is anyone else looking forward to Phase 2 in the near future?

I also have a question. I'm training hard for the PFT, but I'm not sure I'll make it first go around. (I did submit a passing score when I took Phase 1, and I could actually pass the test at that time. Since then, I've slacked off, drank too much beer, and I'm not in very good shape. It's been a while.) If I pass Phase 2, will the FBI start my BI and medical stuff even if I fail the PFT the first time, or will I be on hold until I actually pass the PFT? I've heard that the PFT takes place within about a week after passing Phase 2.

I fattened up because I really did not expect to be invited for Phase 2 testing, and beer/food/watching sports is more fun than running. Other people who have passed Phase 1 should take note - I only had about a month of warning before Phase 2, and that's not much time to get ready. Smile

My critical skill is accounting.
skunkworks  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 6:21:54 AM(UTC)
skunkworks

skunkworks2009-11-06 11:45:24
deliboy007  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 8:06:24 AM(UTC)
deliboy007

Which region are you two Phase II-ing in? I have been nominated for a mid November Phase II that I am waiting to hear about. I am curious if my region has already started sending out invitations. My Phase II location is L.A. I am hoping to soon have the credentials to meaningfully contribute to this thread!

Thanks in advance!
gtr  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:02:57 AM(UTC)
gtr

phase2woohoo-

what score do you get on a mock PFT, reason I ask is the way you talk it almost sounds like you can't pass it but that can't be true if you handed one in during Phase 1?
danikspeech  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 2:16:57 PM(UTC)
danikspeech

Phase2woohoo

One month notice for Phase II is actually a long time....most only get 2 weeks. If you pass P2, then things will start to move quickly with regard to processing like the poly, medical and PFT. I had my PFT two weeks after I found out I passed P2. They have a timeline that they have to follow....meaning the PFT has to be done in so many days after notification.

If you don't pass the PFT, you can take it again. However, it depends on your score if they will move forward with processing. In my case, I had 11 points when I took it last week, so they said I scored high enough to move forward. Keep in mind, I am a female. So, my physical and poly were completed yesterday. When you pass the poly, then they will start your BI...at least that is what was explained to me yesterday. If you take the PFT again, I would make sure you pass it or else you will have to wait even longer to take it the third and last time.

I would hit the gym and train hard...and hope for the best.
Kubfan  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 8:12:39 PM(UTC)
Kubfan

I received my phase II notice one month in advance. I'm starting to get nervous. I test next Friday the 30th.

Phase2WooHoo, to answer your question about moving on to BI w/out a passing PFT. We were told that we would move on even w/out a passing score as long as you could score several points.
gtr  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 10:10:08 PM(UTC)
gtr

good luck to you guys at Phase 2 , its nothing to be nervous about.

But make sure you are fit, if you pass phase 2, your PFT will be done very shortly after that.
Phase2WooHoo  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 12:29:33 AM(UTC)
Phase2WooHoo

quote:
Originally posted by gtr:
phase2woohoo-

what score do you get on a mock PFT, reason I ask is the way you talk it almost sounds like you can't pass it but that can't be true if you handed one in during Phase 1?

I scored a 13 when I was at Phase 1 - 1 on the 300m, 5 on the situps, 5 on the pushups and 2 on the 1.5 mile.

The extra 20 lbs, all of which seems to be in the form of some rather large "man *****", is a real killer in terms of endurance. It's like doing situps and pushups with a heavy backpack on. I can't do situps as fast because of the weight at the top of my body. And I can't do as many pushups as the weight is right about where my arms are. And my sprint has slowed considerably because I'm hauling the extra poundage around the track. My 1.5 miles is still in passing territory.

I've been focusing on losing weight and hammering out situps and pushups like there is no tomorrow. Sadly, I'm finding that I put on weight far quicker than I lose it. I was about 10lbs under my normal average weight when I took Phase 1, and since I slacked off, my body has really tried hard to get back to my natural fat weight. So when you see the fat dude with huge tits running a 300m in 60 seconds and then collapsing, please come over and say hello!
franco  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 7:41:13 PM(UTC)
franco

I took phase ii last week. it didnt go well. The oral interview was much harder than i thought even though I planned well for it. A few questions were unexpected and i dropped the ball on those.

my question is this. WHo grades the phase ii oral interview? is it the agents who interviewed me or do their interview notes go to HQ for final grading?

I should find out my results this week. i am very nervous because i really think that I screwed up the interview part. Frown
gtr  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 8:44:25 PM(UTC)
gtr

The 3 agents in the room grade you on the oral. From what I have heard, they give you a pass/fail grade the minute you walk out the door.
franco  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 11:47:28 PM(UTC)
franco

Oh well. I guess im screwed. Frown
gtr  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 2:15:37 AM(UTC)
gtr

what makes you say that...you finished no?
franco  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 3:20:50 AM(UTC)
franco

Yes I finished. But even despite preparing for each of the areas and having stories for all of them, I ran out of stories and my mind went blank in the interview and I messed up bad. i used one story three times but in different ways and I had to think about one qusetion for about a minute before giving some lame answer. even with preparing for the interview it is still very difficult.

the writing part was simpler and I don't feel that the writing is where I will be let down. But stranger things have happened. Maybe it is good I feel I've failed because it means that I was not one of those people who goes in overprepared and arrogant and ends up looking like a **** wtih some polished answers that are clearly not showing the real applicant.

btw, my messages here have poor spelling and punctuation because they are from my cell phone and it's a pain to go back and correct stuff. I can spell properly and use capital letters appropriately!
skunkworks  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 4:24:41 AM(UTC)
skunkworks

skunkworks2009-11-06 11:47:51
franco  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 4:33:26 AM(UTC)
franco

I can't give out much info because I signed the confidentiality agreement. i think I can let you know what the atmosphere was like though.

it was very relaxed, but formal. three agents opposite, asking questions in turn. there was lots of note taking from the agents. My advice would be to over prepare rather than underprepare. instead of picking two stories for each category, you should probably pick a total of twenty stories that cross at least two categories and learn those instead. that way you will be far more flexible and will have a broad range of things to talk about.

the writing is not very hard. just remember what you were taught in high school English about writing factual papers and you will be fine.

and eat before you arrive because they do not give you lunch. and dont drink too much coffee to wake up because for some reason that hour interview made my bladder fill ultra rapidly and i was dying for a **** after 30 minutes.
franco  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 4:36:18 AM(UTC)
franco

Oh one more thing. I had two guys and a pretty agent interview me. do not get distracted by looking at her breasts when she leans forward to write notes and you can see a little bit down her top. she was really hot and I think the two other agents must have noticed me checking her out. I would rate the female agent a 5 or 6, but something about the fact that she was an FBI agent made her seem like a 10 in my mind. A real milf. Or SAILF.
skunkworks  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 4:56:28 AM(UTC)
skunkworks

skunkworks2009-11-06 11:48:48
feq  
#18 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 5:18:36 AM(UTC)
feq

Not funny. Pretty much an embarrassment to the Bureau if you do pass. Plus these forums are public, you don't know who from the FBI is reading here.
franco  
#19 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 5:57:53 AM(UTC)
franco

lighten up.
deliboy007  
#20 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 7:42:39 AM(UTC)
deliboy007

I have just upgraded from a Phase II nominee to a Phase II alternate. Creeping towards the finish line one inch at a time!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed