Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Financial Discussion

It is always wise to have a secure financial foundation. Here is a place to ask questions, exchange ideas and share information on how to make the most of your money.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Edward Cain  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 1:16:29 AM(UTC)
seredork

Groups: Registered

I left work on a Friday at 8:00 am for a 10:00 am flight to Korea where I spent 2 weeks TDY. I arrived at my TDY Station in Korea on Saturday night at 10:30 pm. My first question is, if my normal work hours are 0600 to 1430 daily, what would my hours of travel be considered? Question two is upon returning my flight left Korea on Friday at 2:00 pm Korea time and arrived at duty station at 10:00 pm CST on Friday, again would my hours traveling be considered travel time?
SharonL  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:58:38 AM(UTC)

The key is to keep it all in the same time zone equivalent.... I'm not sure of the time zone for Korea so in the first case - heading to Korea, you left work at 8am ... what time (local to home duty station) did you arrive in Korea? Any time that is beyond the 1430 of your usual departure time would be considered 'travel time'. Same principle applies on the return. I would think that there should be someone in your office who can help with the calculations.
Edward Cain  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:12:24 AM(UTC)
seredork

This is where the problem comes in, they say all time is travel comp time and not travel time where I would be paid time and a half. Instead I get travel comp time where I lose it after 26 weeks if not used. Also they are now making us travel on Friday where we use up our whole weekend traveling, which is our time. Is this right?
Knight  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:40:40 AM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 480 time(s) in 396 post(s)
http://www.opm.gov/oca/compmemo/2005/2005-03-att2.asp

If you travel on the weekend they have to give you some credit time for it. Not the whole time, read the examples. If you are eating lunch at the airport it is your time (even though you are stuck at the airport). If you get to the airport 3 hours early to wait, they only cover 1.5 hours, etc.

http://www.opm.gov/oca/pay/html/compensatory_time.asp

This link covers generic comp time off that you were quoted.

http://www.opm.gov/oca/compmemo/2005/2005-03-att1.asp

This last one is some FAQs from questions other people have asked in the past.

Q16. How is an employee's travel time calculated for the purpose of earning compensatory time off for travel when the travel involves two or more time zones?

A. When an employee's travel involves two or more time zones, the time zone from point of first departure must be used to determine how many hours the employee actually spent in a travel status for the purpose of accruing compensatory time off for travel. For example, if an employee travels from his official duty station in Washington, DC, to a temporary duty station in San Francisco, CA, the Washington, DC, time zone must be used to determine how many hours the employee spent in a travel status. However, on the return trip to Washington, DC, the time zone from San Francisco, CA, must be used to calculate how many hours the employee spent in a travel status.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed