Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Inside the News

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current federal employee related news topics. This forum is for U.S. federal government news topics only -- specifically, news that directly affects federal employees, their jobs, pay, benefits or other workplace issues.

Please refrain from posting topics on general current events, U.S. or world politics, etc. FederalSoup is a FREE forum site dedicated to serving the needs of federal employees, so keeping forum topics focused to those readers and members here is what makes this community valuable. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sashamae  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 6:32:19 AM(UTC)
Sashamae

Groups: Registered

How is the fight for severance pay coming? I understand the APWU filed a greivance against USPS for not giving employees severance pay that took Early Outs that were offered. Has there been any update on this matter or has it been put on the side burner. I could use the money!!
crawlingtowardthefinishline  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 1:56:41 PM(UTC)
crawlingtowardthefinishline

The last I read, the matter had gone to arbitration in March of this year. As a former letter carrier I am also interested in the outcome of this arbitration as I hope NALC would seek parity for their early out people, too. When our contracts went to binding arbitration, it always took a year, so I was looking to March of 2010 for the outcome, unless it happens sooner. Keep your fingers crossed.
KCF  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 2:40:10 PM(UTC)
KCF

The last I was informed with in the last month or so was that the arbitration is still alive, but it got blurry on the status of the arbitration, when I pressed for information.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed