Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MikeL  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:45:37 AM(UTC)
MikeL

Groups: Registered

Hi guys, I'm a recent college graduate so the Federal employment area.

I applied for the national IRS Agent recuitment through USA jobs in January for a Grade 5 position. I took the online test in March and received a "Superior" rank. I didn't hear from them again for a few months and figured that nothing came of it.

Until early this month, when I recieved an e-mail requesting my transcript and after I sent it my status on the IRS career website went to Qualifications under review, where it has stayed there for the last couple of weeks.

Starting this Monday though I couldn't get to the career connector page from my usajob link.

So a few questions

A. I hear people talking about level A. B. C. on their IRS tests, is this a different assessment test from the one I took for the grade 5 position?

B. Is a several week wait for Qualifications under review normal?

C. I read on this forum that people applied for positions in specific areas, is this the same as the asking for preferences section of my application or do I only apply for a position after they finish reviewing my application.

D. After I e-mailed the Philly office on Thursday I have yet to receive a reply is it worth calling again or sending another e-mail.

E. What should my next step be.

Thanks a lot for reading this far.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:42:47 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

A. You took an assessment that was geared towards IRS applicants for the SBSE/TEGE position GS5 to GS11. Scoring goes from Category A, CatB, and CatC. Most interviewees have a CAT A. On our September hopeful thread, out of 64 interviews, 1 person has a CAT B.

B. My application sat at Qualifications Under Review for a long time! I applied March 31st, got an interview June 22nd, and my status FINALLY changed this past Wednesday, July 22nd-- a good month after the interview. Take notice: APPLICATION UNDER CONSIDERATION is the key status and generally leads to an offer.

C. You applied once. That is the only application you will need to submit to obtain an offer. I am sure once you get an offer, there is more paperwork, but since I am still in the long waiting mode post-interview, I have no clue.

D. Philly can take up to a month to reply to your e-mail.

Overall the fed. hiring process is very, very long, but worth it in the long run. What cities did you choose on your IRS application? Pay attention to the HOT list. More demand in a city equals more of a chance for you to gain an interview:

http://jobs.irs.gov/hiring0512.html

Have you been to the September Hopeful thread? You must! It is VERY informative.

http://community.federalsoup.com/4/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=4944011921&f=9161007291&m=1751077091

GL!!

quote:
Originally posted by MikeL:
Hi guys, I'm a recent college graduate so the Federal employment area.

I applied for the national IRS Agent recuitment through USA jobs in January for a Grade 5 position. I took the online test in March and received a "Superior" rank. I didn't hear from them again for a few months and figured that nothing came of it.

Until early this month, when I recieved an e-mail requesting my transcript and after I sent it my status on the IRS career website went to Qualifications under review, where it has stayed there for the last couple of weeks.

Starting this Monday though I couldn't get to the career connector page from my usajob link.

So a few questions

A. I hear people talking about level A. B. C. on their IRS tests, is this a different assessment test from the one I took for the grade 5 position?

B. Is a several week wait for Qualifications under review normal?

C. I read on this forum that people applied for positions in specific areas, is this the same as the asking for preferences section of my application or do I only apply for a position after they finish reviewing my application.

D. After I e-mailed the Philly office on Thursday I have yet to receive a reply is it worth calling again or sending another e-mail.

E. What should my next step be.

Thanks a lot for reading this far.

[This message was edited by coinkuhdink on July 29, 2009 at 10:08 AM.]
saraara  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 11:03:55 AM(UTC)
saraara

Groups: Registered

Please dont flame me as I am newbie. I applied for one job with IRS and then I did not check on it. However today after 3 weeks I checked my application status and it says "Application under consideration" but I did not receive any email or anything. I googled and found this thread.

This is grade 15 position and all what I have is masters, Bachelor, Associate, and 10 years (8 years professional) work experience. 
According to B. in above reply "APPLICATION UNDER CONSIDERATION is the key status and generally leads to an offer" means Do I have any chance for an interview or further consideration?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed