Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Shemaiya  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 7:05:32 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I have a question. I received a NOR that stated the following:Based upon your online vacancy application responses, we are pleased to inform you that you tentatively meet eligibility requirements for the occupation and grade level indicated. You will be receiving correspondence via e-mail informing you of the next step in the application process.

Has anyone received this message? If so how long did it take for you to receive the next step int he application process? I received this email back in July.
Melissa  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 7:46:58 AM(UTC)
liss681

I've gotten those before and they never sent any follow-up correspondence, so I'm not sure. However, it seems like every part of the federal application process takes forever, so I would just be patient... and good luck!
Bea  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 9:10:43 AM(UTC)

I just now received my NOR. I applied on 3/9 and was invited to take the online assesment taking it May 17.
Apparently, some of the NORs did not go out originally.
My email read as:
Your application for the above position was received and processed in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidelines. Based on your responses to the on-line qualification questions, we are pleased to inform you that you tentatively meet the minimum qualification requirements. A verification of your qualifications will be done. If we determine that you do not meet minimal qualifications, you will receive an updated Notice of Results.

Based upon the results of your on-line Tax Compliance Officer Self Assessment and Job Simulation Assessment, you are tentatively qualified and have been rated as follows:

Your rating is: Tentative Category A

I was a little surprised to get this now.
Shemaiya  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 9:20:09 AM(UTC)

Hi Bea,

You know I have submitted applications earlier this year (January) and I've emailed the contact person on the annoucement you know just to follow up and they've told me that they have yet to select candidates.

I received my NOR @ the beginning of July and it contained the exact working as yours NOR. However, I have yet to receive the invitation to take the online assessment.
Bea  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:40:26 AM(UTC)

I read on another thread that they only send assesment invites if a position is open in the location for which you are applying.
I applied in Atlanta; which locations are you applying for?
Shemaiya  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:56:38 AM(UTC)

My location was Wheaton, MD.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed