Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ms.Deville  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:28:12 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I just got an email from the Philadelphia Employment Office, Section III that stated I never took the RA assessment test; that the deadline was June 18th and they are pulling my application from the database.

I took the assessment test in April and received my results in May. It's no wonder I never got a call for an interview!

Does anyone have the phone number for that office so I can call and clear this matter up?
May Sansom  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 4:27:29 AM(UTC)
firstchicago1989

I got the same email and do believe it was sent in error. I received an offer this morning for an RA position.

quote:
Originally posted by Ms.Deville:
I just got an email from the Philadelphia Employment Office, Section III that stated I never took the RA assessment test; that the deadline was June 18th and they are pulling my application from the database.

I took the assessment test in April and received my results in May. It's no wonder I never got a call for an interview!

Does anyone have the phone number for that office so I can call and clear this matter up?
Ms.Deville  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:10:09 AM(UTC)

I don't know about it being in error, it shows up on career connector that I was a no show on Grade 7 and still as qualifications under review on grades 9 and 11.
Christopher Russo  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:47:38 AM(UTC)
cavsfan

yea i got that too. i received that e-mail in my spam folder also.
Jose Jimenez  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:33:50 AM(UTC)
jimjos

email saying no show for grade 07
Shemaiya  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:21:59 AM(UTC)

Hi Everyone. I applied for the revenue agent position in June. I received an email (on 7/20) indicating that I was qualified for the position and further information would be sent to me. I've been checking my email (including my junkmail) EVERYDAY in search of the assessment.

Today I received an email indicating that I did not take the assessment and I would be ranked inelgible for the position.

I find that odd because I NEVER received the assessment. I even sent an email out last week asking someone when will I receive the assessment. I've called the number on the job announcement but I was asked to leave a message (which I did)....this is so frustrating.

I dont know what to do?!
Stacy  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 1:47:30 AM(UTC)
stacyb

I got an email today that said my previous test (taken in June) will be applied to the other RA announcements.

It doesn't help those of you that hadn't already taken it Frown

Stacy
Ms.Deville  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:29:16 PM(UTC)

I finally got a response to my email regarding the no show-- my previous score would be amended to include that grade. Thing is, I never applied for the grade 7, just the 9 and 11.

Whatever, after not being called for an interview for the past 2 hiring I am very unmotivated to continue seeking this job. Currently I am in the background check process for another position with a different agency, it's a long process, could take a year but at least things are moving along quite nicely.
Shemaiya  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 10:44:29 PM(UTC)

Hi everyone - the other day I created a post that discussed how I never received the link for RA Assessement. Within the days to follow I sent MULTIPLE emails to the HBO(External) email address and I contacted several IRS recruiters. To make a long story short - I received an email this morning from the Philadelphia Office indicating that they will send another assessment within the days to come!! I'm so excited and surprised that my persistence paid off!!

Good luck to everyone else out there.

BTW - is the assessement link apart of the IRS webpage?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed