Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
racingdeb  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2006 9:32:29 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

That is fine if the clerks have all the mail up and the carriers have all their mail up.There is bound to me mail that will be miscased.Having to pull the hot case and drive all over to every route to give them mail for their route is a waste of time and not cost effective.Try doing it sometime.Lets come up with a better solution to this situation!
brac srvivr  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:42:17 AM(UTC)

Eliminate Saturday delivery and third class bulk mail. The accursed junk mail I get regularly is nothing more than catalogues I don't want complete with addreses and account numbers, flat fliers from some politician pandering to me for my vote, or announcements from a realtor telling me how John Smith just sold his house for 2 billion dollars and how I should capitalize on the market now.
brac srvivr  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:46:57 AM(UTC)

If you try to cut it off at the source, they tell you that the company that handles their mail outs is another one and having them take you off of a mailing list is very difficult.
carrier X  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2006 6:32:36 AM(UTC)

Clerks are not allowed to take mail to the carriers from the hot case. Carriers are allotted time to go over and get it, and there time spent doing so is logged on a route inspection. That's the way it's done here.
bobonbreak  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2006 8:15:57 AM(UTC)

The hot case is suppose to be checked by carriers several times while casing their mail. Just before pulling down and going on the street, they make their final check of the hot case.?? If, any more miscased mail is found after the carrier leaves the station, that mail gets cased up on their return to the office. I have never ever heard of a clerk taking mail out to the carrier. No wonder the PO can't make ends meet.???

Bob....
racingdeb  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2006 10:08:31 PM(UTC)

The Santa Ana District Ca. came up with this one.It is stupid.The supervisor is suppose to take out any mail left in the hot case after the carriers have pulled and left.The clerk throws any mail left,and it has to be pulled and taken on the street.They have someone from district come by and check to see if it is being done.It is stupid and unnessary,and a waste of time.You end up with passing it around to the routes,later on in the afternoon,because you dont have the time to drive all over to the routes.It another game that someone thought off.
Longy  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2006 8:04:36 PM(UTC)

We have a big sign in our office hanging on the wall that says "Every Piece Every Day". When I first started in our office, I was told that someone was supposed to take out mail after the carriers had left the office but it was never done. Periodically someone would come in the office from the P&DC and check the carrier cases, the throw back case and the hot case for left over mail but the supervisor would just hide the mail until they left, that was a number of years ago and have since stopped doing it as far as I know. Yes, I agree, it's a waste of time and money.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed