Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TRoller  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 9:52:02 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi All new to this forum--glad to find.
I have been waiting on my owcp disability now for the past 7 months. I called Washington and gave my case # and was told that it was denied. I've been on "permanent rehab" for the past 6 yrs. and can only work 6hrs and am paid OWCP for 2hrs a day. Is the denial because I'm not out of Post Office on disability? I'm not even gonna talk about why OWCP(who I've been communicating with for last 1-1/2yr. with this retirement paperwork)sent the denial to an address I haven't lived at in over 2yrs. What do I do now(they're sending me the denial paperwork at the correct address)? I know there's a "reconsideration" for denials, but do I bring up the point(s) that as a permanent injured rehab, any of the court cases that say: "if you are not doing the job for which hired,even though they give you a mediocre job(answering phones and some secretary work) that it doesn't constitute doing the job for which hired?" If all paperwork WAS correct and to the point that I'll never get better and getting worse over time from the Doctor, what could they deny paperwork on? Is this one of those mind games that the gods like to play in Washington? If so who can I write, email, or speak with(no money for lawyer)? Thanks
cait43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 2:09:18 PM(UTC)

Are you speaking of OPM (disability retirement)? There is no such thing as OWCP disability. It almost sounds like the OWCP is saying you no longer have a comp claim. You will have to wait and see what the denial letter states and what agency is sending it.
TRoller  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2006 12:19:29 AM(UTC)

you're right. I'm trying to get a retirement due to my injuries and the OPM denied me, not OWCP. Waiting on letter to let me know what is needed for "reconsideration".
Rss Feed  Atom Feed